Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres sign D Jacob Bryson to extension (2 years, $1.85M AAV)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He’s pretty solid, always stands out whenever I watch the Sabres. Better than you would think defensively considering his size

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I was thinking he would get something more like $1.25 to $1.5M but this is fine.

I’m a fan of Bryson. He’s a very fun player to watch.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
From an outside view Bryson seems like a good defender despite his size.

From what I’ve seen of him looks like a decent skater and really good at moving the puck up ice with crisp passes.

Haven’t got to see him against a good forechecking team so I’d refer to Buffalo fans as to what his weaknesses are and does Bryson PP or PK on a regular basis as a 3rd pairing defenseman.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
After Tage unexpectedly breaking out after moving to center, Bryson was the biggest pleasant surprise for the Sabres last season.

Turns 25 in Nov. Probably some upside yet. As you can see, Sabres fans are really happy with him.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
This seems to be an overpayment. But the Sabres got to get to the floor somehow and Bryson is a solid bottom pair dman.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

From what I’ve seen of him looks like a decent skater and really good at moving the puck up ice with crisp passes.

Haven’t got to see him against a good forechecking team so I’d refer to Buffalo fans as to what his weaknesses are and does Bryson PP or PK on a regular basis as a 3rd pairing defenseman.
Kid can flat out fly. He's fun to watch.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

I remember this play came only a game or two after one of the times McDavid posterized four guys on an entry and no one took the body. and then here’s 5’9 Bryson.

his speed helped all game though. He can fly. Not McDavid fly but enough to give him a shot

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Kid can flat out fly. He's fun to watch.
It’s been awhile but it looks like there’s something to look forward to in Buffalo. The crowds in Buffalo seemed to respond to a better playing team as well.

This is a good signing for the Sabres.

The defense Buffalo is building looks like part wall, part fast skating, part good puck moving/passing.

If Buffalo could find a starting goaltender it would probably help the Sabres closer to a wild card spot out of the Atlantic division, but Adams is rebuilding the Sabres patently the right way, so the Buffalo’s roster is still a process, I like what they did at the draft building the center depth.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
It’s been awhile but it looks like there’s something to look forward to in Buffalo. The crowds in Buffalo seemed to respond to a better playing team as well.

This is a good signing for the Sabres.

The defense Buffalo is building looks like part wall, part fast skating, part good puck moving/passing.

If Buffalo could find a starting goaltender it would probably help the Sabres closer to a wild card spot out of the Atlantic division, but Adams is rebuilding the Sabres patently the right way, so the Buffalo’s roster is still a process, I like what they did at the draft building the center depth.
The D has so much promise, but they need a bit more grit. Samuelsson is physical, and Dahlin is now playing with an edge, but they tend to get steamrolled by physical teams like the Bruins. It's difficult to watch at times.

The presence of a physical force on the blueline that kept other teams honest and had some chemistry with Bryson or Power would round out this squad perfectly.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The D has so much promise, but they need a bit more grit. Samuelsson is physical, and Dahlin is now playing with an edge, but they tend to get steamrolled by physical teams like the Bruins. It's difficult to watch at times.

The presence of a physical force on the blueline that kept other teams honest and had some chemistry with Bryson or Power would round out this squad perfectly.
Is it possible that Adams could sign a physical big boy on defense on a 1-2 year deal to help protect/guide the youngsters, maybe say Chairot, Zadorov or Gudbranson?

Reactions: Irie

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Is it possible that Adams could sign a physical big boy on defense on a 1-2 year deal to help protect/guide the youngsters, maybe say Chairot, Zadorov or Gudbranson?
Adams likely would be looking for a righty to work with Bryson, (or possibly Power), so Gudbranson could fit the description. Though maybe not my first choice, he seems to have found his game and become a serviceable player in Calgary, and he would likely be an upgrade on Casey FItzgerald, so maybe?

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

His weakness is his physicality. He gets out-muscled rather easily at times. Weirdly.......although he's a fantastic skater and makes a great outlet pass......he's not all that good on the PP.

But other than the occasional hand-grenade moment, he's a pretty ideal 3rd pairing D in today's NHL: mobile, swift skater, good first pass and solid enough positionally.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Bargain show me contract. This dude holds insane potential,
one of the smoothest skaters in the NHL, key word : one of

I saw him play the first time last season and my yaw dropped.

Good stuff for you Sabres fans

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No. People outside of Buffalo don't know who he is what we are giggling about.

so that was a clear yes to my question then?

because what you are literally saying is that your ignorance of a player is funny…to you

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad