GDT: BUF @ OTT 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Just win, baby.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah, he's useless right now and his confidence is at an all time low. I was hesitant to send him down because I thought he looked really good last season, but it's just not working right now.
It amazes me how this team can't grasp the concept that forcing a player into the NHL when they simply aren't good enough is a surefire path to failure and allowing guys to develop in the AHL (which is the entire point of a farm team) is what you should be doing.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
images (1).jpeg

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Adams is Botteril 2.0

This goes back to Pegula listening to the moron fans wanting Darcy gone, when Darcy actually had a plan to tear it down and rebuild properly. We brought in Murray with the beyond idiotic accelerated rebuild, and it permanently broke the team

Sell and move the team. Start from zero and do things right with competent management
Our future center core Darcy lined up was Grigorenko that was already screwed up before Murray even got here, Girgensons who was rushed to the AHL with an under developed complete game, and Cody Hodgson.

I think you’re forgetting how badly this team was screwed up to require Murray to do a full rebuild. We had next to no depth because of years of bad drafts and Darcy didn’t do much better at the end…

Reactions: Chainshot

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Maybe they should hire a guy who wants to coach instead of some guy who just wants to be buddy buddy with the players. IDGAF if they like him. I care about on-ice results.
dunno if this was the year to care about that, losing streak or no

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Maybe they should hire a guy who wants to coach instead of some guy who just wants to be buddy buddy with the players. IDGAF if they like him. I care about on-ice results.
Wait, we brought Ralph Krueger back

Anyone care to share out record in November the last 3 seasons combined. Seems we fall apart every November

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Our future center core Darcy lined up was Grigorenko that was already screwed up before Murray even got here, Girgensons who was rushed to the AHL with an under developed complete game, and Cody Hodgson.

I think you’re forgetting how badly this team was screwed up to require Murray to do a full rebuild. We had next to no depth because of years of bad drafts and Darcy didn’t do much better at the end…

That's the thing - Darcy rushed Grigorenko and Girgensons which seems to have stunted both if you look at how their careers unfolded.

Reactions: slip

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

However, Darcy understodd we need to do a teardown and a proper rebuild. He gave Murray the assets and Murray pissed them away

ilpadre98

Oct 15, 2022
That's why you shouldn't hire an inexperienced head coach. This franchise has not learned from Housley and Krueger. And now they get the receipt again. I feel sorry for the local fans who have to endure this mismanagement year after year. If it weren't so sad you would have to laugh about it.

Ps: You can safely throw Olofsson and Krebs in the dustbin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
However, Darcy understodd we need to do a teardown and a proper rebuild. He gave Murray the assets and Murray pissed them away

He gave Murray picks and not much in the way of prospects as well as some rushed youngsters. He should've been sacked when Pegula first took over.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Both Ruff and Regier had their ups and downs, and it was probably time to move on

the issue was that pretty much everybody since turned into a disaster

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Not to direct this into this discussion again, but Murray had to piss them away because he needed to bring in established talent so that the prospects aren’t rushed into roles sooner than they should’ve been because Darcy didn’t have any quality talent long term here. Murray’s major sin was the coaching choices. His teams would stick up for one another, Murray’s teams would actually hit and grind. They had the makeup of looking like a team that could grow into something, if given time.

What screwed everything up was Bylsma not wanting to actually be a coach and used this opportunity here to get his foot back in the league as Bylsma pushed him to draft players (with the help of Pegula) that would play his dump and chase game, where Murray wanted a more puck possession style team with the way he was building.

Sorry to everyone for going off topic.

Both Ruff and Regier had their ups and downs, and it was probably time to move on

the issue was that pretty much everybody since turned into a disaster
Ruff and Murray would’ve worked wonderful together.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Get rid of this rubbish goaltending. Bring up UPL and let him take the net. A 42 year old locker room guide, and a career back up, who through 10 games, looks tragic. To be fair he doesn't have a full defense, but this is ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: Fearnot

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Also players like Bjork who have no future, waive them. Bring up someone like Cederqvist and let him have a game or Weissbach. Instead of needing to see tragic wastes of bench space like Sheahan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad