GDT: BUF @ NJ 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Dancing with the Devils

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
What other team could ever carry 3 goalies and have 2 of them be injured in the first 8 games?

I can’t believe Cozens tried to pass from the slot. I get that he was on his backhand after avoiding the defender, but shovel it on goal and see what happens

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don’t really know why Donny switched up the lines in 3rd. Really really didn’t seem to work.

Got a goal out of Cozens. *shrug*

Thought earlier the shift where Tuch swapped in for Cozens was strong for the Thompson unit and it seemed to work. What wasn't working was JJP was too much of a perimeter passenger tonight. I need more out of him. All that speed, get inside and go to the net with meaning. He's too content to spend all his time quickly on the fringe. That's replaceable.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Lots of adversity facing the Sabres tonight. Some self caused. Need to learn how to deal with and overcome it.

NJ has a lot of speed (more than Sabres do) and good puck handling and precision passing. Hughes is fun to watch.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
PK is light years better

PK is better. They are way more physical than last year (both good and bad). They have been a lot better defending the slot and cross-slot passing over the last three-four games than any team they iced last year. *shrug*

Reactions: Mattilaus

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
OK I'm outside. UPL wasn't at fault for the goals but live it was obvious Comrie getting hurt turned the game on it's head. Having confidence in your goalie is so important and when UPL went in they were clearly affected.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Lots of adversity facing the Sabres tonight. Some self caused. Need to learn how to deal with and overcome it.

NJ has a lot of speed (more than Sabres do) and good puck handling and precision passing. Hughes is fun to watch.
Their transition game is absurd. Constantly hitting each other in stride through the neutral zone

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Next game is at home ( f***) ... Sunday matinee against the Avs ... For the love of God please win. I would like to head into the home and home against the Flyers with a shot at getting to and climbing above .500... Assuming we win both.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Did you just quote my same passage a second time, especially after saying "agree to disagree?"
Yeah. I had an epiphany moment.....lol

Seriously, I don't accept the 5 d explanation. That's an excuse and no player will admit to it. Injuries happen all season and D's have to leave the game.

Thought earlier the shift where Tuch swapped in for Cozens was strong for the Thompson unit and it seemed to work. What wasn't working was JJP was too much of a perimeter passenger tonight. I need more out of him. All that speed, get inside and go to the net with meaning. He's too content to spend all his time quickly on the fringe. That's replaceable.
That's too much of his MO. Very inconsistent in his style of play.

He needs to change or practice his craft somewhere else.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
PK is better. They are way more physical than last year (both good and bad). They have been a lot better defending the slot and cross-slot passing over the last three-four games than any team they iced last year. *shrug*
All true, but most importantly we are much worse at generating 5v5 offense. And PP offense for that matter.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I wish we would could merge Krebs’ fiestiness/battle with Peterka’s skill. That would be one hell of a player.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
All true, but most importantly we are much worse at generating 5v5 offense. And PP offense for that matter.

Are they actually worse at it than last year or is it that their shooting way below last season (and individual norms, like Thompson)?

I don't care for their lack of settle offense. Didn't last year, don't this. That was why I was so interested in Meieieir since that's part of his thing - go to the net, shoot the puck around the net, rinse, repeat. They have too many perimeter guys and not enough who have the stones to go to the net and stay there. Fly-bys are the norm.

Reactions: Sabreality

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Are they actually worse at it than last year or is it that their shooting way below last season (and individual norms, like Thompson)?

I don't care for their lack of settle offense. Didn't last year, don't this. That was why I was so interested in Meieieir since that's part of his thing - go to the net, shoot the puck around the net, rinse, repeat. They have too many perimeter guys and not enough who have the stones to go to the net and stay there. Fly-bys are the norm.
To my eye we look less dangerous and are generating fewer chances although today was better. But I wonder if the stats back that up.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Next game is at home ( f***) ... Sunday matinee against the Avs ... For the love of God please win. I would like to head into the home and home against the Flyers with a shot at getting to and climbing above .500... Assuming we win both.
Wasn’t it last year that Buffalo was absolute trash for the afternoon games. If so, hopefully something changed with that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad