GDT: BUF @ NJ 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Dancing with the Devils

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Does anyone want to tell those poor saps in NJ, Buffalo has much better Pizza than Newark, NJ as well?
NYC pizza is superior overall (I've lived here for 6 years now) but damnit if I don't get a craving for a nice thicc boy buffalo slice sometime with some blue cheese on the side

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
NYC pizza is superior overall (I've lived here for 6 years now) but damnit if I don't get a craving for a nice thicc boy buffalo slice sometime with some blue cheese on the side
Living in MN that craving is almost constant. There is a spot that opened a little while ago with two expat NYC people and the pizza is the best in the state

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Living in MN that craving is almost constant. There is a spot that opened a little while ago with two expat NYC people and the pizza is the best in the state
Living in the south, people argue which is best between little Caesars and Domino's. I don't even bother complaining anymore. The "authentic NYC" pizza in the area is trash. Frankly there's frozen pizzas that blow all 3 out of the water.

I still prefer buffalo over NY pizza

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Living in the south, people argue which is best between little Caesars and Domino's. I don't even bother complaining anymore. The "authentic NYC" pizza in the area is trash. Frankly there's frozen pizzas that blow all 3 out of the water.

I lived in Florida for wayyyy to long and never had a good slice of pizza.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas

A couple of years ago a franchised Anchor Bar opened here in the Austin area. Their pizza is good, but not great. But dear lord is it overpriced.

:help:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I've never had authentic NY pizza so is authentic NY pizza just cheese pizza.. no toppings?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Maybe Comrie just uses one of her poems as motivation. I know at Wimbledon there is a line from one of Kipling's poems above the doors. I can't remember the exact line but it is akin to treating victory and defeat the same. The lesson being don't get rattled if you are losing and don't ease up if you are winning kind of deal.

I am not super familiar with Emily Dickinson's stuff but potentially he finds something in there motivates him.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
New Haven Connecticut is better than NYC

I'd rate them

Buffalo
New Haven
Detroit (Style)
Chicago (Deep Dish)
NYC
The rest
Chicago deep dish is deplorable. It isn’t pizza in any real way. I drove 45 minutes to a place opened by a family from Kenmore to get a passable Buffalo style pizza but they closed bc they didn’t serve a deep dish.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Chicago deep dish is deplorable. It isn’t pizza in any real way. I drove 45 minutes to a place opened by a family from Kenmore to get a passable Buffalo style pizza but they closed bc they didn’t serve a deep dish.

If it's made right it's delicious. I love Lou Malnati's myself.

Put this atrocity at the bottom of the list.

WHAT IS THAT THING? KILL IT! KILL IT!

Also, if you're in North Carolina, there are a few places that claim to sell authentic Buffalo food, but the only one who does is Taste of Buffalo Pizzeria in Huntersville. Worth the drive from anywhere. Pizza including sheet pizza with Margherita pepperoni shipped in from Buffalo, real wings, homemade blue cheese, "pit" BBQ wings ala LA Nova, chicken finger subs, royal subs, Labatt's Blue and Blue Light on draft, etc. The wife and I ate there a week after being in Buffalo and it's the real deal.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Doing the Devils feed tonight.... I've seen my share of Devils games but for the life of me can never remember the quality of their broadcast team. Good or bad? So far they're just meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00