What kind of game is this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Bad game. They came out too flat. Need to stop the bleeding against Florida.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
At least Talbot stole a point for the team tonight. Trash performance by the Wild.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
So, I literally missed everything but the shootout. Had to take my quarterly final exam.

I see Merrill scored. Did someone else shoot it and it bounced in off his mullet?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That was one of those games that we needed something from the Fiala line, instead of whatever they did. Gaudreau ... I don't see where he rates over Sturm, who is bigger, and faster. Neither is an offensive genius, but Sturm is one of the few guys who can keep up to Fiala. Rask, is a classic case of a day late and a dollar short. Not sure why Pitlick isn't out there.

I mean 4 of our 6 points were by Dmen...

Boldy, heal up! We need you!

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
As long as the Wild are in or near 1st in the west they are going to have to get used to lesser teams bringing their A game every night. Other teams are going to see it as a statement game. That was the best version of the Sabres we are likely to see, the Kings were similar.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
The first period was obviously bad, but other than that I thought they played worse in the Vegas game. They had several chances to win the game but the shooting was just so off target. I thought Gaudreau was somewhat interesting and useful to start the season but the recent version has been terrible. I mean the shit that Fiala has to play with every game has become comical. Rask was invisible, Gaudreau was awful, and he's trying whatever he can but it's really difficult when you're dragging those two around. And Gaudreau got the second shift in OT lol...I'm guessing it's to try and win a faceoff but still it was ridiculous.

I think that's the part you have to hesitate a little bit with this team...their greatest strengths can sometimes also be a weakness. When you rely on having more depth than other teams and you have an 'off' night, you're not skilled enough to win games that you don't play well in. It's a bit different with this team and having Kaprizov, though. The home powerplay is just abysmal too.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
What's this love affair for Gaudreau all about? I'm just not seeing it.

I don't think anyone is, would like to see a Fiala with Sturm Bjugsf or a while, I think they could be good. Gaudreau can babysit the 4th for the next year and a half.

Reactions: zellmatic

P10p

May 15, 2012
The NHL is full of parity, Any team can bear any team, any night. Ottawa just blew out Tampa..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad