Value of: BUF has Defensemen, picks, and prospects - looking for forwards

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
swap Pekar for Laaksonen and i am on board,
NYR need wings w heft, skill and attitude

"4th round pick Metaj Pekar admits he likes to be the "annoying guy" on the ice that gets under everybody's skin."
"Plays a heavy, gritty style. Strong two-way game with sound defensive play and stick work."
"Pekar sees himself like Brad Marchand and enjoys being an annoyance to players and getting under their skin. He is used on the powerplay and penalty kill, contributing with his range of passing and vision which he uses to set up teammates for good scoring looks. He has a solid accurate shot making him a dual threat off the wing. He is a strong player off the boards, winning battles and helping his team transition, but also being very defensively responsible and mature as a hockey player."

Pekar is the only forward prospect we have that even contemplates a hit

Reactions: cwede

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
McCann for Montour. Draft up the paperwork.

If you want to make this a bigger affair, we can get Murray involved with picks coming back the other way as well.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
If Buffalo is looking for a stop gap 2C for a few seasons they may have to look to the FA market for that.
Outside of Granlund, Haula or Eakin the pickings on centers are pretty slim.

I know that OP said 2C stop gap but would,
LW James Van Riemsdyk at 750k retained, RFA D Robert Hagg and the Flyers 2020 2nd round pick work in trade for RFA D Brandon Montour and the Sabres 2020 5th round pick.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Is Colin Miller really that undesirable now? I remember being impressed with him in Vegas.
He was the odd man out for awhile due to the surplus of NHL RD, but looked alright when he was paired with Dahlin. It's a numbers game and Buffalo has Jokiharju, Risto (Kreuger likes him), Montour, Miller, and Borgen (ready to move on from AHL) on the right side. In a perfect world Montour and Miller are moved to address C/RW needs or at least flipped for a defensively sound LD

Reactions: WolfOfBroadStreet14

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Is Colin Miller really that undesirable now? I remember being impressed with him in Vegas.

He was just often the guy without a chair in Buffalo's RD musical chairs situation. Ristolainen, Montour, Jokiharju, Miller, and (for most of last season, unfortunately) Bogosian. Montour wound up playing on his off side most of the time, and Miller got bounced around a lot between different spots in the line-up and the press box. Once Krueger gave him a steady partner (Dahlin) and regular minutes, he looked solid.

Reactions: WolfOfBroadStreet14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad