Value of: BUF has Defensemen, picks, and prospects - looking for forwards

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
BUF is looking for top 9 forwards to fill out their second and third lines, especially centres.

Looking for more stop-gap type players that can fill in on 2c for a year or two while Cozens develops...can be older or expendable guys, or guys that just need to move due to cap issues, young guns pushing vets out of the line up, etc.

Pieces available for trade;

Ristolainen, Montour, Miller

2020 & beyond picks are available but this year's #8 overall would require a good centre coming back.

Mittelstadt, & basically any other prospects that might be of interest (except Cozens and Lukkonen)

Some prospects that might be of interest; Asplund (c) Borgen (D) Bryson (D) Johnson (D) Samuelson (D) etc.

Edit; changed my stance on the 8th overall...it would be available for the right player(s) coming back...

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Strome, Howden, Lindbom, +?+? for 8OA, Pekar, Reinhart? Montour?
no interest in ADA? - i know Buff has RHD depth,
but his talent and attitude could complement BUFF's top guys

Reactions: bernmeister

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015

Not interested in either Strome, but yours is certainly a trap waiting to happen.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Would love Domi. Still pissed that Buffalo wasn't in on his original trade from Arizona.

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
Wish Risto would play the LD

Could see something around Montour (love his skating) + prospect for Domi resigned.

BUF would be interested in this for sure, what are your prospect needs?

We have a lot of D...Mittelstadt would be available too and is still very young with upside if he figures it out. Maybe Middelstadt and one of our D prospects?

Montour + Mittelsadt + Samuelson (D)

Last edited:

The Rochester Rocket

Feb 21, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I like the idea, only problem is this leaves us with a big hole at LD...

Does jersey need any RHD - Colin Miller maybe?

Don't really need RD with Subban, Severson, and Ty Smith. If Smith can shift over to the left side, I'd take Miller. Or Devils throw in Mirco Mueller with Wood for McCabe and a late pick.

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019
The only thing the sabres will be trading is places with Detroit for the record of having the worst season since the salary cap has been implemented

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

We will keep Howden and they can keep most of that.

Deangelo + Strome + Lindbom + DAL 2020 3rd + BUF 2021 3rd
for
8OA + Laaksonen + BUF 2021 2nd + cap dump Hutton

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
for

swap Pekar for Laaksonen and i am on board,
NYR need wings w heft, skill and attitude

"4th round pick Metaj Pekar admits he likes to be the "annoying guy" on the ice that gets under everybody's skin."
"Plays a heavy, gritty style. Strong two-way game with sound defensive play and stick work."
"Pekar sees himself like Brad Marchand and enjoys being an annoyance to players and getting under their skin. He is used on the powerplay and penalty kill, contributing with his range of passing and vision which he uses to set up teammates for good scoring looks. He has a solid accurate shot making him a dual threat off the wing. He is a strong player off the boards, winning battles and helping his team transition, but also being very defensively responsible and mature as a hockey player."

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

for
Not enough pieces moving. It's a bernmeister proposal after all, you have a reputation to lose! :sarcasm:

Reactions: TBF1972

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What is Montour looking to sign for? If he comes in around 3.5M I would have interest in a swap for Tyler Johnson? Saves us 1.5M in cap and we get an offensive oriented RD to replace Shattenkirk. Not worried about exposing him in the ED either as Johnson would be exposed himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad