GDT: BUF @ FLA 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Must. Win.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Because he was gritting it out. We had too many guys standing around with the season on the line.

At some point you have to put the guys out there that are really digging deep when the team is flat and the season is on the line.
Cool. The results show. Put Krebs out there if you want effort and maybe some form of offense.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Kudos to Levi.

Ice in that kids veins
Impressive first 2 games from him, I also like his level of crazy saying he was disappointed the Rangers best players didn't get a chance to test him after his first game. I like his attitude. I hope he gets more starts. It's not like there's much left to play for, why not

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seriously, this is what I was wondering.

Tage-Girgs-Okposo out with 3 minutes left? 4th liners and a guy coming back from injury?

Little surprise, giving up a breakway and drawing the penalty which sinks the game.

And yet they got a stuff play at the net front on the shift prior to that one with Thompson. It's not hard to see the thought process there.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
And yet they got a stuff play at the net front on the shift prior to that one with Thompson. It's not hard to see the thought process there.
Putting out that assortment of players with 3 minutes left when you need a goal is a weird decision, and it cost them.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Putting out that assortment of players with 3 minutes left when you need a goal is a weird decision, and it cost them.

Thompson falling down with a few seconds left cost them. Dahlin missing a couple of passes including the icing prior to the GWG cost them. Thompson's no look blind pass that lead directly to GA2 REALLY cost them. I don't see how Girgensons-Thompson-Okposo cost them.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
Thompson falling down with a few seconds left cost them. Dahlin missing a couple of passes including the icing prior to the GWG cost them. Thompson's no look blind pass that lead directly to GA2 REALLY cost them. I don't see how Girgensons-Thompson-Okposo cost them.

Speaking of missing passes, it feels like the Sabres struggle with bouncing pucks/passes more than any team in recent history.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'm not saying it cost them the game outright, but yes Okposo being out there that late in my opinion makes no sense, and that line gave up the break that lead to the PP against effectively killing the game.

Okposo is not a good player and it felt like he was getting way too much ice time in the 3rd, especially late.

Play our top offensive players when you need a goal in the dying minutes.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Speaking of missing passes, it feels like the Sabres struggle with bouncing pucks/passes more than any team in recent history.

It seemed like both teams had issues with the ice and bouncing pucks tonight. Florida got a couple of bounces - the first goal for sure and Buffalo didn't.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
It seemed like both teams had issues with the ice and bouncing pucks tonight. Florida got a couple of bounces - the first goal for sure and Buffalo didn't.

I’m more talking about the season as a whole.
There were a bunch of times tonight too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not saying it cost them the game outright, but yes Okposo being out there that late in my opinion makes no sense, and that line gave up the break that lead to the PP against effectively killing the game.

Okposo is not a good player and it felt like he was getting way too much ice time in the 3rd, especially late.

Play our top offensive players when you need a goal in the dying minutes.

They did lean on the first line and tried working the Cozens line in while double shifting Mittelstadt. Jost didn't see the ice for nearly 17 minutes of the third, Greenway not in the last 7 minutes. There is only so much they can shorten the bench.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Pissed away chance after chance. We haven’t showed up once this season when It really mattered
Run it back! No changes! Be patient! No Trades. Keep our super 4! Keep our instant star 1st round picks! Woohooo! Were going to be so great someday! Just wait for it!

:P

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I understand, but disagree. One of the big problems we had this game is the Panthers were very good playing a physical possession style defense. Throughout the game about half our players showed they couldn't handle it. Not that they were not working hard, but they just didn't know how to fight through it and maintain possession. Granato shortened the bench there to the players that showed they could. High skill players on the ice are no help if they do not have possession. Better to have Okposo and Girgs with the puck on their stick, because there is still an opportunity there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad