Proposal: Buf Edmonton

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Before anyone screams lol I called Lucic for Neal with almost the right retention even (10% vs 500K) months ago

I think Holland has set himself up to trade Kris Russell Ethan Bear and Jesse Puljujarvi for Rasmus Ristolainen

Seems also like Buffalo has done the same in trading a talented F prospect (Nylander) for a defwnseman they like better now they get a winger back with Puljujarvi

Cap almost a wash for Edmonton so easy for them to fit in plus Sabres re work their defense one final time with a good stay at home guy plus two nice future pieces

Thoughts on if it will really happen not whether people think it is this mythical “fair” HF value???

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I don’t see it happening, mostly because the Sabre’s have a ton of defenceman. Maybe if scandella was moved as well then I could see it.

But with Dahlin, Pilut, Miller, Bogo, scandella, McCabe, Jokiharju, Montour, Borgen I’m not sure they’d have any interest in adding Russell and that contract. And I’m not sure if they’d value puljujarvi enough to move risto for.

I could see EDM and BUF making a risto deal, but I feel like it’d be closer to something around risto and a B level spec (maybe Davidsson or asplund) for Nugent Hopkins

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Edmonton's defense in 2 years

Broberg
Larsson
Ristolainen
Klefbom
Nurse
Bouchard
Samorukov

Something would have to give if that trade goes through. that's a pretty solid list of defenseman

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Broberg
Larsson
Ristolainen
Klefbom
Nurse
Bouchard
Samorukov

Something would have to give if that trade goes through. that's a pretty solid list of defenseman
If broberg works out, I could definitely see Larson going bye bye at this time. Tho klefbom would probably fetch u a serious return

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
you're giving us a cap dump and a high risk of busting prospect .........this is gross.

But it's Botterill so yeah..it could happen

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Done deal. The value is too far in our favour to say no.

In 2 years when Bro/Bouch/Sammy kick him out of the top 4 we could trade him for assets.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Seems also like Buffalo has done the same in trading a talented F prospect (Nylander) for a defwnseman they like better now they get a winger back with Puljujarvi

Doesn't Buffalo getting 2 dmen as a big part of the return go counter your reason why they'd trade Risto? Don't get me wrong... the value may be fine. TBH i don't know what Risto's value is or how PoolParty is viewed in terms of rebounding into a NHL caliber player. It's just that if Buffalo traded Nylander for Joker to make Risto expendable why would they want Russell + Bear? They really need a center. I guess if they could flip Russell + Bear into a center then maybe?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Doesn't Buffalo getting 2 dmen as a big part of the return go counter your reason why they'd trade Risto? Don't get me wrong... the value may be fine. TBH i don't know what Risto's value is or how PoolParty is viewed in terms of rebounding into a NHL caliber player. It's just that if Buffalo traded Nylander for Joker to make Risto expendable why would they want Russell + Bear? They really need a center. I guess if they could flip Russell + Bear into a center then maybe?

We'd get a much better forward for Risto. Russell is a cap dump, and Bear is a prospect who may or may not pan out into an NHL player.

Why would the Sabres trade Risto for junk and try to trade that junk for something the team actually wants when it could, you know, just trade Risto for something that helps the team directly? Or even just hang onto its player?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
This trade doesn’t fit what Buffalo is looking for in a Ristolainen trade.

Their deepest position is at defense, and they’ve already acquired 3 new right shot defenseman in the past 6 months (Montour, Miller, Jokiharju) and they have some good right shot d men in their system.

Russell is not a need, and though I like Bear and I’d definitely like to have him in the Sabres system, he’s not really a need either.

Puljujarvi is a RW and buffalo needs RWers, but his value is nowhere near what I’d be looking for in a Risto trade.

I think buffalo is looking for more of a 1 for 1 type of swap. For either a 2C or a good top 6 RW (preferably a 2C though).

If that deals not there, I think they just keep Risto.
But if they are for some reason forced into taking more of a quantity trade, I think they’d be looking for pieces that fit their needs better than this offer, and I think they’d be looking for more of a sure thing prospect in the deal.

One thing buffalo can’t do is trade Risto for a handful of maybes.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Before anyone screams lol I called Lucic for Neal with almost the right retention even (10% vs 500K) months ago

I think Holland has set himself up to trade Kris Russell Ethan Bear and Jesse Puljujarvi for Rasmus Ristolainen

Cap almost a wash for Edmonton so easy for them to fit in plus Sabres re work their defense one final time with a good stay at home guy plus two nice future pieces

Thoughts on if it will really happen not whether people think it is this mythical “fair” HF value???

First off, where is the value in this. Russell, is a clone of Bogosian, pass. Bear isn't that special of a prospect, and we have better prospects. Finally, you're giving up Puljujarvi, who sure I have interest in, but not as the best piece in a deal that is combined with projects and cap dumps. This wouldn't get you past a precursory, "sorry, no thank you". There is literally no upside in this for Buffalo.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Broberg
Larsson
Ristolainen
Klefbom
Nurse
Bouchard
Samorukov

Do you see, how terrible the offer is. Russell has about as much value as Lucic or your new stud James Neal. Puljujarvi is project who needs to be sent elsewhere for a low return. Ethan Bear, he's not on the same level as an undrafted rookie free agent in Pilut, and we're set on defensive prospect depth. So unless you're sending Hopkins, or a whole lot of draft currency and prospect depth, pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad