Confirmed Trade: [BUF/DAL] Sabres trade D Oskari Laaksonen to Stars for D Joseph Cecconi

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Laaksonen: good pp dman...in the AHL. Terrible, terrible at the rest of dman'ing in the AHL.

Best of luck to him. Hope he improves.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The paper the contracts are printed on is worth more than this transaction.

That said, this is a step in the right direction if Dallas wants a one day 50 man roster of Finnish players.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
WHY? this does nothing for anybody
If Cecconi plays at all in Rochester it does something for them. Laaksonen has been scratched for weeks and was passed by as the Sabres only D prospect of any kind down there by guys on AHL deals. They were beyond finished with him. All those injuries in Buffalo…we’ve taken players away from Rochester and they still wouldn’t put him in the lineup.

Reactions: uncleben

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Laaksonen is one of those players who exceled in the style of play in Liiga, which is pretty much the opposite of NHL hockey, so i’m not shocked he struggled. Good player, just an awful stylistic fit.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Neither was a regular on either teams AHL team. Just a swap of guys both teams gave up on. Cecconi gets to go close to home and Stars get another finnish player . Likely a swap that results in absolutely nothing for either team.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
My earnest opinion on this trade, if there is to be any, is that Dallas will probably have a better time squeezing an NHL player out of Laaksonen versus Buffalo squeezing one out of Cecconi.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Perfect fit for both teams and players. I predicted this trade in the off season reading the tea leaves and determining exactly what both these teams and players needed.

(I lie)
yes yes, but tell me about Pavel Mintyukov. i love it when you talk about Pavel Mintyukov

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
yes yes, but tell me about Pavel Mintyukov. i love it when you talk about Pavel Mintyukov
Currently dominating the OHL and leads all defenceman in scoring. Unfortunately Ducks fans don’t like my offer of Broberg plus 2 1st round picks.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
there, that should make up for Brett Hull's skate being in the crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad