Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Brandon Montour signs extension (1 year, $3.85M)

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yeah I'm kind of hoping this is a sign n trade deal thats been worked out. Sabres were talking him up this week, even mentioning how they liked how he could play LD ( yeah, thats a lie, it wasnt good), they didnt want to go to arb and have too many RD with him. Makes sense for acquiring team to have a look for 1yr (if they can handle the caphit).

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Colin Miller would be the first guy they move IMO, just saying. Montour would have a lot more value at the TDL.
not sure about that with Miller having the extra year, think teams would prefer the 1yr to 2 with the uncertain state of this offseason and going forward.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
The Bills are fricken awesome. Love the QB, love the team. True Super Bowl contenders.
The entire organization feels like it is firing on all cylinders.

What the heck went wrong with the hockey team?

They hired a glorified yes man, who isn't getting financial backing. The Pegulas are the problem. They are killing the Buffalo Sabres.

Reactions: axlrose87

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Colin Miller would be the first guy they move IMO, just saying. Montour would have a lot more value at the TDL.

I think they can move both.

They have RD in Will Borgen who has 1 yr on ELC left ( same age/draft as Eichel). So he can play 3RD

Some teams want more term

I think there are rules in the expansion draft of minimun contracts exposed ( ie you can’t have say 7-3-1 players under contract protected and only RFAs and UFAs exposed.

Trades I can see happening...

1 I think there is a second deal agreed on in principle between Minnesota and Buffalo provided Dumba is traded and it coukd be a 3 team trade. Could also move him to others seeking mid RD.

With Miller he could be traded for bottom 6 F or a similar Bottom pair LD where buffalo has a hole.

There could be a larger deal using Montour and Mittlestadt and or Reinhart

He can also be bought out with buffalo have 3 arb cases.its a $1.29M buy out over 4 yrs opening up around $2.5M in space

not sure about that with Miller having the extra year, think teams would prefer the 1yr to 2 with the uncertain state of this offseason and going forward.

In a deadline deal Montour might cost around $1M to new club in real dollars. Miller with a second yr left could be retained max and be free this year for new team and costing around $3M next yr to new team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad