OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've only ever seen NBA championship teams come together faster than the Bucs did. It's not like great pieces weren't there. You had Suh, Vea, White, Barrett, David, a rebuilt secondary on defense. You had Evans, Godwin, Howard, Brate, Miller and Jones on offense.

But you sprinkle in some Tom Brady and a couple of his boys willing to play for cheap and *poof* Super Bowl Champion

And in other news: Suh re-signs, Donovan Smith extends and Fournette and Brown are waiting patiently in the wings. Jason Licht is just making it all look too easy. Dude's career ought to be told in two halves: before and after he got Bruce Arians

"Alexa play Gravy Train"

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Crazy how we actually are bringing basically everyone back. I was ready to accept losing a couple guys.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Franco has to be one of the first call ups I have to imagine or is there some decent depth for now?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I know we should probably give it the year but God I wish the Rays could get Franco up. I hope so many years of wasting draft picks to draft shortstops will mercifully come to an end with his arrival. Plus it's always cool to see a wunderkind rank as the #1 prospect for 4 years. Hopefully this guy becomes the mega star we prayed Josh Hamilton (stay away from drugs kids) and Evan Longoria (stay healthy kids) would be

And build the goddamn stadium in Tampa already.

Sep 19, 2008
NFL Update @MySportsUpdate
now
Tom Brady will return to New England as a member of the #Bucs in Week 4 on Sunday Night Football, per @MasterTes. #Bucs @ #Patriots. Brady vs. Belichick. Primetime.
1f525.png

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Huh this got unstickied

Can't say I'm surprised it was. Talking football and baseball on a hockey forum is a little bit of a niche. Football is once a week and completely done by February and half of baseball season is eaten by said hockey team going on hella deep playoff runs almost every year. Fans can have all the interest in the world but traction is gonna be hard to come by. They'd just as soon go to football and baseball forums.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Think it'll still be a few months so they can game his service time.

Yeah I hope they don't consider anything til August at the absolute earliest. Dude has effectively straight up skipped through every development league and is in Durham by 20 years old. I mean..... not even David Price managed to do that age-wise despite sharing the same development curve. If we aren't gonna make the playoffs just give the guy the whole season.

The year is young yet but I'm getting to the point where I'm just wanting our young guys to develop and stay healthy. Christ, Honeywell alone has lost like 4 years, McKay has lost how much time, Baz is going through the minors, same with Brujan, McClanahan and Patino are like..... brand new to MLB.

Not making the playoffs isn't the end of the world for me this year if these guys get their shit together. I'd rather them get the hang of it and we have a solid team to work with for years to come.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
not even David Price managed to do that age-wise despite sharing the same development curve. If we aren't gonna make the playoffs just give the guy the whole season.

David Price was drafted in 2007 as a 21-year-old. He was at Vanderbilt when he was 20. And because he was drafted following three years in college as the #1 overall pick, it stood to reason he would be on accelerated path to MLB. You really can't compare that vs. someone who signed as an international free agent at 16. Frankly, the two could not be more different in that regard.

Reactions: Still All In

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
David Price was drafted in 2007 as a 21-year-old. He was at Vanderbilt when he was 20. And because he was drafted following three years in college as the #1 overall pick, it stood to reason he would be on accelerated path to MLB. You really can't compare that vs. someone who signed as an international free agent at 16. Frankly, the two could not be more different in that regard.
Thats a good point.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

More than anything it was just to compare that both were very young and blitzed through their development and (more or less) ended up rather close towards the same point despite taking different paths to get there. Franco on the other hand I think still has a lot to prove and a full season in Durham is probably best. We just have to hope he is gonna be as effective as shortstop as Price was a starting pitcher. For now he's got to prove himself where he's at and I think he's gonna do a great job.

I think the only thing that's got me more excited is that this MIGHT mean we stop blowing like 3 draft picks a year on shortstops that never work out.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Rowdies leading Miami FC 2-1 late in the game and now their assholes are deliberately injuring our players too WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad