Bucket List- Places/things to see in the US.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
What are some of your bucket list of places or things in the US to see ?
Here are some of mine:

• Statue of Liberty
  • Grand Canyon
  • Mount Rushmore - Not 100% on this one
  • Key West
  • New Orleans
  • Upper Peninsula of Michigan

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
I have been fortunate enough have already done many of my bucket list items

This is a list of things that I think people should see that you didn't mention:
  • Joshua Tree National Park- like no where else in the world
  • Anza Borrego for star gazing on a moonless night, especially if one can tie in a meteor shower
  • The redwoods of Central/Northern California
  • The Gia Cliff dwellings of New Mexico
  • NYC in May or June +Rockefeller Center
  • Zion National Park
  • Denali National Park
  • The Glaciers of Alaska
  • Niagara Falls(both the US and Canadian sides)
  • The Golden Gate Bridge and Lombard Street in San Francisco
  • Lake Tahoe

p.s. Whatsbruin- you should absolutely see Mt Rushmore. Not only is the mountain beautiful, but so are the outlying areas.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
- Peekskill, New York - A need to visit the birthplace of Pee Wee Herman.

- Agusta, Georgia - I must make a pilgrimage to see the James Brown Statue.

- Guerneville, California - Part of me feels pulled to drop a deuce in the famed "Toilet Neptune."

- Milford, Nebraska - Just to marvel at the "World's Largest Covered Wagon."

- Pella, Iowa - Beat up a local kid, steal his shoes, and throw them on to the "Largest Dutch Windmill In the U.S."

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
- Agusta, Georgia - I must make a pilgrimage to see the James Brown Statue.

I've seen this statue, even got my picture with it. It's quite underwhelming, like I was expecting it to be a lot bigger than it is.

Go check out Augusta National Club if you're ever in Augusta, it's not far from Downtown.

You can skip this.

I must disagree. I personally enjoyed my trip to that area and would be a piece of property on Mackinac Island if I had the $$.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
There are several college towns I'd like to go to and spend a Saturday in the fall. They range from places like Athens, GA (Probably the coolest town in the SEC outside of Nashville, the music scene I'd love to experience) to Lubbock, TX (would love to see a West Texas Sunset while taking in a Red Raiders night game). Some of these towns include Morgantown, Oxford, Baton Rouge, Norman, Lansing, Madison, State College, and South Bend. Been to Ann Arbor a couple of times and that is a great town.

The Florida Keys

New Orleans (Been before but this was 2 years after Katrina on a mission trip and we didn't really get to 'experience' the city)

Nashville and Memphis, mostly Nashville but I'd like to see Graceland and Beale Street

The lakes of Minnesota

Somewhere on Long Islands coast

San Diego

San Francisco

Seattle

Vail or Aspen, Colorado

Grand Canyon

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Anyone been to Bend, Oregon? Thinking about going there next spring.

Never been there but the drive along the Oregon coast is spectacular. I love Portland as a city too. Oregon is definitely a great vacation destination.

New Mexico is a great place to spend time in too. The food there is great. Santa Fe, Taos, Albuquerque, lots to see and do.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Grand Canyon
Statue of Liberty
Wrigley Field
At&T Ballpark in SF
Golden Gate Bridge
Augusta National
Pebble Beach
game at The Big House
to name a few :)

I dont recommend Hoover Dam

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
What are some of your bucket list of places or things in the US to see ?
Here are some of mine:

• Statue of Liberty - meh
  • Grand Canyon - Amazing
  • Mount Rushmore - Not 100% on this one - Kinda cool
  • Key West - Loved it there
  • New Orleans - Top 2 city in the US for me
  • Upper Peninsula of Michigan - Beautiful, but not much different than Ontario for me

I've done them all, my notes.

Very few places in the US I have yet to see, Yellowstone is the only Bucket list item I have left there.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
  • The Grand Canyon
  • Memphis in May
  • San Diego
  • NYC
  • Fenway Park
  • Lambeau Field
  • Grand Ole Opry
  • Disneyland & Walt Disney World
  • Los Angeles
  • San Francisco
  • Wrigley Field

I can't think of any other.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I go often when I want to get out of town and just spend a day trying new things at various breweries in a more laid back and stripped down setting. Did you have a specific question?

Specific? No not really. We've gone snowboarding out in Colorado the past two winters and we're looking to do something a bit different this year. Looked at places up in the northwest and came across Bend. It looks absolutely beautiful. Was thinking about heading there the end of April, beginning of May.

I guess I do have a specific question, lol, what's the weather like there that time of year. Looks like it's a place where you can golf, snowboard, and fish all in the same trip that time of year.

The breweries look awesome too. What's the best area to stay? Was trying to find a place on the river, if possible. What's the old mill area like?

Thanks!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If all y'all are ever interested in visiting the nicest beach in the world that no one has ever heard of, may I be a homer and humbly suggest Orange Beach, Alabama.

001.jpg

orange-beach-aerial016_650.jpg

orange-beach-alabama-sunset.jpg

WharfMainStreetNightFairfieldInnSuitesAlabama.jpg

256520-condo-3weojx-o.jpg

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Anyone been to Bend, Oregon? Thinking about going there next spring.
Ive actually gone there. Sok. I think I stayed at Riverhouse on the Deschutes. Outdoor stuff and nice country. Made a mistake and went Rt5 to Rt20 from Portland. Rt 20 was cutbacks through Willamette NF all the way to Bend. Interesting and scenic drive but if I should ever go there again (I wont), it would probably be Rt84 to Rt97 to Bend.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ive actually gone there. Sok. I think I stayed at Riverhouse on the Deschutes. Outdoor stuff and nice country. Made a mistake and went Rt5 to Rt20 from Portland. Rt 20 was cutbacks through Willamette NF all the way to Bend. Interesting and scenic drive but if I should ever go there again (I wont), it would probably be Rt84 to Rt97 to Bend.

I think were going to fly into Seattle and then drive down to Bend for 4 days and then back up to Seattle for 3 days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad