Buchnevich?

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
did he say that exactly? i wouldn't be so sure.

I believe the only comment he made is that he hasn't made any plans yet, ie, his agent coached him to say nothing.

I'm sure the Rangers will push hard, though. He's talented as hell.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I believe the only comment he made is that he hasn't made any plans yet, ie, his agent coached him to say nothing.

I'm sure the Rangers will push hard, though. He's talented as hell.
i wouldn't hold it agains him if he prefered to play for one of the big clubs in the khl for an exuberant amount of money over having a dubious opportunity of playing in the ahl fpr peanuts. saying that, i'm inclined to think he'll try the ahl the next season

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
he really disappointed me in this tournament, he couldn't lead the team. I was hoping he'd be the guy to "show the way" on the ice and off the ice.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Expires at the end of this season. You should see him suit up for the Rangers next season.

Why do you think the Rangers would want him? Hopefully for his sake, they overlooked the fact that the WJC was scheduled for December-January, just like Buchnevich did.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Why do you think the Rangers would want him? Hopefully for his sake, they overlooked the fact that the WJC was scheduled for December-January, just like Buchnevich did.

he did ok, reminds me off Filatov a little, may be not so much self-loving, but just as soft, once leadership is concerned.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The NYR brass who keep eyes on prospects and talk to the media about them are all extremely encouraged with Buch after this WJC, and they were already pretty high on him to start the year.

The Rangers have brought good players from other leagues right into the NHL recently. He'll have every opportunity to do the same thing. Duclair got some time in from juniors this year, in the past Stepan and Kreider came right up from the NCAA, and guys like Hagelin and McD spent pretty short stints in the AHL before getting solid NHL time.

I'm surprised to see the opinions of him be so low in here. Seems like everyone is very high on him almost everywhere else.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
yes, I was high on him as well, till I saw him at the WJC. He was expected to be a leader and a commander, instead he was just a good player.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
yes, I was high on him as well, till I saw him at the WJC. He was expected to be a leader and a commander, instead he was just a good player.

Its fair to say that he was expected to be THE leader this year, but in fact, the closest he got to leadership was being on the same line with Barbashyov and Leschenko, who, along with Tolchinsky, were the real leaders of the team. He has a lot of talent and can make some pretty moves, but he won't go to the front of the net, won't fight for the puck, and tends to disappear when the pressure is turned up against good teams. The Rangers brass may say all the right things about him, but I have to believe that they are just as disappointed as Russian fans are in his failure to show up.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Its fair to say that he was expected to be THE leader this year, but in fact, the closest he got to leadership was being on the same line with Barbashyov and Leschenko, who, along with Tolchinsky, were the real leaders of the team. He has a lot of talent and can make some pretty moves, but he won't go to the front of the net, won't fight for the puck, and tends to disappear when the pressure is turned up against good teams. The Rangers brass may say all the right things about him, but I have to believe that they are just as disappointed as Russian fans are in his failure to show up.
i don't know
to me he looked like the most constistent and talanted in generating offence on the team. barbashev was norotious for his inability to capitalize on buch's plays, leschenko was plain wooden and tolchinskiy tended to go mia too damn often for my tastes. it's an overall solid tourney for him. looks like your expectations out of him were too high to begin with.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

The Rangers aren't going to be depending on him to lead their team. If he's a good player, that's good enough.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Well, if Barbashov scored some 100% chances Buchnevich set him up, both would have significantly more points, though.

But I agree that he could play better. The only game where he looked like himself was the 1st one vs Sweden.

Pauls Coffey

Jan 10, 2015
The NYR brass who keep eyes on prospects and talk to the media about them are all extremely encouraged with Buch after this WJC, and they were already pretty high on him to start the year.

The Rangers have brought good players from other leagues right into the NHL recently. He'll have every opportunity to do the same thing. Duclair got some time in from juniors this year, in the past Stepan and Kreider came right up from the NCAA, and guys like Hagelin and McD spent pretty short stints in the AHL before getting solid NHL time.

I'm surprised to see the opinions of him be so low in here. Seems like everyone is very high on him almost everywhere else.

This is my sense as well.
Top line for Russia at the WJCs and he created a lot of opportunities.
Should be in New York this summer.
Very excited to see him in the NHL, soon.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Regardless of well or bad he played in the WJC's, the fact remains that he's been a very good player for Severstal playing against men. I think he will do well whenever he decides to come over to North America.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
If his team is eliminated today, wondering if the Rangers will try to bring him over now.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If his team is eliminated today, wondering if the Rangers will try to bring him over now.

For what? The Kuznetsov case was different. Kuznetsov was older and a fully developed player, who is now suffering from Trotz' stubborness.

Buchnevich should now rest and take time to think about his future.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
For what? The Kuznetsov case was different. Kuznetsov was older and a fully developed player, who is now suffering from Trotz' stubborness.

Buchnevich should now rest and take time to think about his future.
actually kuz was pretty mediocre at best in his last season with traktor. he got all his points playing on the pp, 5vs5, that was complete impotence. it looked like he's degrading in the khl (like, let's see, i'm degrading in the khl, what to do, what to do, bingo, i'm going to the nhl). i don't know with his tendency to shun all phisycal contact and being ineffectual in his own zone, his decision to go to the nhl was one big risky gamble to say the least.

as for buch, it's a summer time for him already. it's like the rest will last for a half of year, that's damn impressive

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
actually kuz was pretty mediocre at best in his last season with traktor. he got all his points playing on the pp, 5vs5, that was complete impotence. it looked like he's degrading in the khl. i don't know with his tendency to shun all phisycal contact and pretty bad defence and being ineffectual in his own zone, his decision to go to the nhl was one big risky gamble to say the least

It's not about the performane though. It's about that he had nothing to prove or learn in the KHL at this age. He will continue to develop or not now. He doesn't need the russian system for it anymore. And if his mind was set on going to the NHL someday anyway this was as a point in time as any for him.

It's different for Buchnevich though. He's not there yet. A year or maybe even two in the KHL would be a better development for him than going to the AHL now and probably spend the most part of the next season there even if he starts to get comfortable there.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kuznetsov was older and a fully developed player, who is now suffering from Trotz' stubborness.

You mean Trotz should just let him float around like he did in the KHL? :sarcasm: That stubborn stupid bum Trotz, not like he has 600 wins in the NHL or Capitals are playing their best hockey in years or anything.

Kuznetsov was older and a fully developed player

It's not about the performane though. It's about that he had nothing to prove or learn in the KHL at this age.

Yup, since he has won everything in the KHL and they don't teach you to play defense in Russia anyway. Oh wait..

In fact, it's more about being a pansy, thinking everything is beneath you and being over-hyped to no end doesn't help either. Frankly, good for Kuznetsov for dropping his primadona act and working hard this year to become a legit NHL player.

But as I can see Kuznya-hype is still very real in the minds of some.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Just wondering from people who watch the KHL, how has Buch looked compared to Kucherov when he was Buch's age?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Just wondering from people who watch the KHL, how has Buch looked compared to Kucherov when he was Buch's age?

Kucherov didn't play in the KHL, he played in the MHL. Of course I think CSKA was stupid not giving him chances to play for the big club. But as to talent, Buchnevich is as talented as Kucherov. So now it's all about right mentality and working hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad