Proposal: Buchnevich to Colorado for picks

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I would happily pay a top ten pick to acquire him. He's dynamic, highly skilled, as top percentile one-on-one abilities, projects to be a great shootout performer that can win games for you and boasts a 200 pound 6'3 frame.

I'd surrendered a top ten pick to add him to my team without giving it much thought.

Well when the Rangers have a history of trading 1st rounders and not getting much in return, of course getting a Buchnevich for a top 10 pick would appeal to Rangers fans. To fans of teams that don't throw 1st rounders away, it's an insane ask.

Reactions: hooverdam

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I would happily pay a top ten pick to acquire him. He's dynamic, highly skilled, has top percentile one-on-one abilities, projects to be a great shootout performer that can win games for you and boasts a 200 pound 6'3 frame.

I'd surrendered a top ten pick to add him to my team without giving it much thought.
Would you give up the #1 pick for him?

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
yeah no way the avs would trade the sens pick for him but something around the avs 1st+ possibly

And even then I don't know since I don't know much about him mixed reviews here so i'd pass for now no reason for the avs to give up even their own pick + jost/jt/or kaut/timmins. kauts a pretty safe pick to be a 2nd liner. Timmins could be a top 4 or even better no reason to trade that. Or Jost/JTC nah i'd rather keep them atm. so even with the avs pick we would prob have to give up a player/prospect that has a pretty good/safe floor. so avs prob give up 2 second liners for a player who's anything from a 2nd 3rd line tweener to a potential higher end 2nd liner?

Avs fans need to relax and so does the avs front office with potential moves just a little over a year ago it appeared that they would be rebuilding and suck for a few years minimum. no one expected this fast of a rebuild, now a lot of people are win now mode forgetting where the avs really were 16/17. if av fans were accepting a few year rebuild we should just remain patient unless of course a trade that makes to much sense comes along" and draft safe players who can be good 2nd liners the avs' don't need an elite 2nd line that would be a 1st line on most teams with their current 1st line. Luckily I think Sakic sees it the same way so all good.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I have never understood the virtually untouchable status this board has placed on Buchnevich. Nice player, but far from a star and definitely replaceable.

Every fanbase on here pumps their team's best prospect. At one time, Buchnevich was that guy for the Rangers. It's hard to let go of the idea of the player you built up the prospect to potentially be.

It's why there's a 40 page thread tracking Sprong's performance in Anaheim on the Pens board.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
They also still sign overpriced UFAs, amirite? :rolleyes:

You can't act like not drafting in the 1st round in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 isn't recent. Congrats, the Rangers didn't trade away 1st round picks two years in a row. As to your overpriced UFA remark, Shattenkirk absolutely counts.

Good for the Rangers that they're finally doing something right though. Took them long enough. Doesn't mean Buchnevich is worth Ottawa's pick.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You can't act like not drafting in the 1st round in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 isn't recent. Congrats, the Rangers didn't trade away 1st round picks two years in a row. As to your overpriced UFA remark, Shattenkirk absolutely counts.

Good for the Rangers that they're finally doing something right though. Took them long enough. Doesn't mean Buchnevich is worth Ottawa's pick.
Yes because contenders never trade 1sts to go for it. Also Shattenkirk signed under market value. Strike 2.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Buchnevich is awesome but he's not enough of a finished product for me to be okay with dealing a first for him, never mind Ottawa's first. He's one of those guys that the Rangers should just keep and develop properly until they know what they have. Teams don't trade those kind of players for firsts, and teams don't spend firsts on them.

Reactions: Dijock94

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Yes because contenders never trade 1sts to go for it. Also Shattenkirk signed under market value. Strike 2.

Trading 1sts to go for it rarely works and is incredibly dumb. Caps managed to not trade away their 1st and won the Cup....

Lol @ strike 2... I wasn't wrong with my first remark about them throwing 1sts away. Shattenkirk was under market value if you felt 7 million was fair value for a one dimensional player that was never going to live up to his contract. He was overpaid at the time of the signing and it was a bad move for a team that needed to rebuild back then.

Three strikes for you for wanting to be argumentative and not bringing any actual credible counter points to the table. Bye.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
You could have Burakovsky for a role player and a 2nd instead and they're virtually the same player

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
No chance we want Calvert's cap hit. Ghetto and Kamenev (if he doesn't have much of a future in Colorado)

My offer was more tongue cheek I should add. I just want Calvert gone. He's really bad.

Kam I'm high on but that dude has had some terrible luck. No idea what his future is or isn't in Colorado. We'll see next season.if he can stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad