Proposal: Buchnevich to Colorado for picks

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Rangers fans I swear...

You do realize that not a single Rangers fan has been homerish or unreasonable in this thread, right? The thread starter appears to be a general fan of Russian players (I've never really seen him around the Rangers board, at any rate). The only Ranger fans in this thread are doing three things:

-Agreeing that Buch won't draw the Ottawa pick
-Saying that Buch shouldn't be traded right now
-Responding to the over-the-top reactionary posts of 1 or 2 Colorado homers.

Buch doesn't have the draw for an unprotected probable lottery pick (which has the chance of being significantly better than him). The Rangers shouldn't have him on the table for anything less (a return which, in a best case scenario, turns into what Buch is right now).

No point in pushing it further. It's a classic "player is worth more to the team than he is in a [realistic] trade" situation.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You do realize that not a single Rangers fan has been homerish or unreasonable in this thread, right? The thread starter appears to be a general fan of Russian players (I've never really seen him around the Rangers board, at any rate). The only Ranger fans in this thread are doing three things:

-Agreeing that Buch won't draw the Ottawa pick
-Saying that Buch shouldn't be traded right now
-Responding to the over-the-top reactionary posts of 1 or 2 Colorado homers.

Buch doesn't have the draw for an unprotected probable lottery pick (which has the chance of being significantly better than him). The Rangers shouldn't have him on the table for anything less (a return which, in a best case scenario, turns into what Buch is right now).

No point in pushing it further. It's a classic "player is worth more to the team than he is in a [realistic] trade" situation.

We felt the same way the the Zadorov proposals started popping up. Totally get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad