Post-Game Talk: B's Win 3-2 and have tied Wings in points - Magic Number currently 7

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I am starting to get amazed

There's medication for that now :naughty: ;)

The last 20 seconds of the game was outstanding. Both Kelly and McQuaid were absolute beasts.

Impressed with Connolly. His timing was the only thing that was rusty but that will get better every game he plays.

i have no doubt that we will catch Detroit. They have their eye on the prize.

Will be interesting to see what the lines are at practice today.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
far from a masterpiece and while I could sit and hammer this team for numerous "issues", have to say one thing, they are bloody resilient and if the goal and hopes of the fan base is to put pts on the board and secure a playoff spot well, things looking a bit better this morning than a week ago

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Close up snap of Bergy. That scar is gonna be nasty

CBoV5k_VEAA83Z1.png

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Shocked no thread on this on the main board :sarcasm: I'm sure if it was a Wing it would have 300 posts by now.

It would get locked and the posters told to take it to the GDT.

Pretty nasty cut though-he's going to be hurting a lot today and I wonder if they will give him a maintenance day.

I would love to hear from the refs on why it wasn't called.

I just don't understand how you miss that. He had to be bleeding all over the place.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I'm still seriously aghast at NBC NOT EVEN NOTICING Bergy wasn't playing most of the second. Which they actually admitted in the 3rd.

"Oh hey apparently Bergeron got injured, but we didn't notice. Maybe that's why Julien was talking to the ref when we were scheduled to be interviewing him during the game."

P.S. Godfather, if you're lurking, tell us how much fun you had last night.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'm still seriously aghast at NBC NOT EVEN NOTICING Bergy wasn't playing most of the second. Which they actually admitted in the 3rd.

"Oh hey apparently Bergeron got injured, but we didn't notice. Maybe that's why Julien was talking to the ref when we were scheduled to be interviewing him during the game."

I hated the NBC guys last night. They were barely even calling the game half the night and when they were, zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

not shocking at all to be honest sooshii, what I found equally as hilarious is, on at least 3 occasions, they felt it necessary to mention Datsyuk was not in the lineup for the Wings.....brutal

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“I kept asking the trainer,†Julien added, “and they said it’s a bad cut, they’re going as fast as they can. I was kind of wishing he’d be back for the second period.â€

So was Bergeron. Asked if he thought he would be out for that much time, he quipped, “No. I didn’t know. Well, until I saw myself in the mirror.â€

He came back for the start of the third, wearing a full shield, which he said limited his vision. He is hopeful he can move back to his regular half-shield for Saturday’s game against Toronto.

“It was really a deep one,†said Bergeron. “They had to stitch it up on the inside and work their way up to the outside and stitch it, so they did a good job. I guess that’s the end of my modeling career. But that’s fine.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...lton-injury/bO2AtcMVvX7rR7Ll8gghKL/story.html

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
“I kept asking the trainer,†Julien added, “and they said it’s a bad cut, they’re going as fast as they can. I was kind of wishing he’d be back for the second period.â€

So was Bergeron. Asked if he thought he would be out for that much time, he quipped, “No. I didn’t know. Well, until I saw myself in the mirror.â€

He came back for the start of the third, wearing a full shield, which he said limited his vision. He is hopeful he can move back to his regular half-shield for Saturday’s game against Toronto.

“It was really a deep one,†said Bergeron. “They had to stitch it up on the inside and work their way up to the outside and stitch it, so they did a good job. I guess that’s the end of my modeling career. But that’s fine.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...lton-injury/bO2AtcMVvX7rR7Ll8gghKL/story.html

Incorrect. Models with facial scars will just be the next trend.

So nasty. I can't believe they missed that call. So weird to see him with a full shield

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
DETROIT — Zach Trotman shook a little, as if he did not yet believe what had happened. In a crucial game for the Bruins — a game that truly, they should have lost — the defenseman had snuck a puck between the body and arm of Red Wings goalie Petr Mrazek, counting for the game-winner and his first NHL goal all in one.

It had come in front of 30 family members and friends, with Trotman having grown up in Novi, 29 miles from Detroit.

Continue reading below

“Perfect timing, I think,†Trotman said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...e-red-wings/F3ShVmO1seAEXWLfEtrk3L/story.html

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

For all the grief Pierre McGuire gets, he would have noticed that in a heartbeat.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It would be nice to give Rask the night off Saturday but with Tampa and Wash coming up that needs to be 2 points, no question. Not sure you can risk it.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
It would be nice to give Rask the night off Saturday but with Tampa and Wash coming up that needs to be 2 points, no question. Not sure you can risk it.

He can rest for 4 days after that game. No need to sit him.
I'm pretty sure he won't sit again this season

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Agree, the lead is still too small to risk unless he's saying he's tired.

He won't ;)

He's played so many back-to-backs now ...
Even after the 3 games in 4 nights at the end of the season he will have another 3 or 4 days of rest, so he's gonna be fine, I guess.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Yet not even a 2 minute PP let alone 4 when it happened in front of the official.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Yet not even a 2 minute PP let alone 4 when it happened in front of the official.

Watched it on DVR several times this morning and still can't understand how the officials missed that. On a faceoff! What are the refs doing, looking for pretty girls in the stands?

Reminds me of a few years back when Alex Semin broke Chara's nose with a high stick while Chara HAD THE PUCK. :rant:

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Watched it on DVR several times this morning and still can't understand how the officials missed that. On a faceoff! What are the refs doing, looking for pretty girls in the stands?

Isn't it obvious? We do not have a speedy team.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Reminds me of a few years back when Alex Semin broke Chara's nose with a high stick while Chara HAD THE PUCK. :rant:

I still remember that-Chara had to wear a cage for several weeks and my daughter and I complained for weeks about how you miss a high stick on a 6'9" man.

But I'm rsther bothered that the refs didn't see that high stick (and I'm really going to assume they didn't see it because I think even the worst refs in the league would have called a high stick that left that much damage).

I think the refs do miss a lot that goes on in the faceoff-often by choice but Bergy was cut pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad