Post-Game Talk: B's Win 3-2 and have tied Wings in points - Magic Number currently 7

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
I guess I am the only one that thought those hits on Pasta weren't even that bad.....

Honestly watch the replays, they looked worse in real time.

No you're not the only one...for whatever reason they looked worse during real time, but when they showed the replay they just looked like a couple of routine hockey hits to me.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
People have been saying this all season. At what point is it allowed defend a teammate? If not the regular season... the playoffs?

I really don't get this "defend a teammate" when it's a clean hockey hit.

The bruins need points right now to get in the playoffs not take stupid timely penalties at this time of the year.

Weren't we having this conversation 2 weeks ago when Marchand "stood up" for spooner.

If my memory serves me correctly Washington scored on that PP, and that was the game winning goal and started a 6 game losing streak.

But hey Marchand stood up for Spooner and I'm sure no one will EVER hit him again.

pasta and spooner better both learn to take hits as come playoff time they will be targets and they may as well get use to it.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
I love how Pasta being targeted is his fault. What a dirt bag he is for getting hit, how dare he?

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
Replace the putrescence of Fartkowski with Morrow, and this lineup - with 2 of Kelly/Campbell/Paille/Talbot in the press box AT ALL TIMES - might be able to win a series (as long as the opponent isn't LeScabitants).

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I really don't get this "defend a teammate" when it's a clean hockey hit.

The bruins need points right now to get in the playoffs not take stupid timely penalties at this time of the year.

Weren't we having this conversation 2 weeks ago when Marchand "stood up" for spooner.

If my memory serves me correctly Washington scored on that PP, and that was the game winning goal and started a 6 game losing streak.

But hey Marchand stood up for Spooner and I'm sure no one will EVER hit him again.

pasta and spooner better both learn to take hits as come playoff time they will be targets and they may as well get use to it.

I don't care if they are clean or not,he's a valuable young teammate that teams are now zeroing in on. Time for Lucic to do some policing. Do you think Gretzky would have had 2000 points without Semenko-McSorley-Miller? A penalty is worth the freedom.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I don't care if they are clean or not,he's a valuable young teammate that teams are now zeroing in on. Time for Lucic to do some policing. Do you think Gretzky would have had 2000 points without Semenko-McSorley-Miller? A penalty is worth the freedom.

Oh okay didn't know we were
Comparing Pasta with Gretzky now
My mistake

So game 7 first round playoffs score 3-2 boston 15
Minutes left in game and Prust hits Pasta with clean hit, Lucic should take a penalty for Pastas freedom?

Come on you play the game your going to get hit deal with it

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Oh okay didn't know we were
Comparing Pasta with Gretzky now
My mistake

So game 7 first round playoffs score 3-2 boston 15
Minutes left in game and Prust hits Pasta with clean hit, Lucic should take a penalty for Pastas freedom?

Come on you play the game your going to get hit deal with it

Stop being ridiculous. Noone is comparing Pasta and Gretzky but most knowledgeable fans are aware of the advantage of sticking up for a teammate. Secondly,if Lucic takes care of business in games 1-6,there will be no need in game 7. Dealing with hits is team business,clean or not.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Stop being ridiculous. Noone is comparing Pasta and Gretzky but most knowledgeable fans are aware of the advantage of sticking up for a teammate. Secondly,if Lucic takes care of business in games 1-6,there will be no need in game 7. Dealing with hits is team business,clean or not.

I think you forgot to read the above post.

"Most knowledgable fans" also know when the time is right or wrong when your "sticking up" for your teammate

There was no reason for Lucic or anyone for that matter to take a stupid penalty for the clean hits thrown on Pasta.

I think Julien said it best today.
He's a target and he's going to have to adjust.

We need points right now that's it's not stupid penalties

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad