OT: B's Goalies-new gear

member 96824

I care. And I don't think it's particularly unusual for hockey fans to be interested in the equipment of their team's players... especially not when it's basically team-themed artwork. Speaking of which:

subbanmask-640x427.jpg

source

Gangsta's Paradise...nice

:naughty:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Plain all-white pads make it more difficult for shooters to pick corners. If I were a goalie, that's all I'd use.

I still have never read CONCRETE evidence on that. Just like white tape camouflages to the ice or black tape makes it harder to see the puck coming off the stick.

Don't buy it.

At best it's psychological.

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Some college goalie uses an actual hockey net pattern on his pads. Forget who exactly though.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...goalie_designs_pads_to_trick_shots/?page=full

That what you're looking for? It's a high school kid - probably in college by now though. Basically made some "camouflage" pads that look like the net...seems like a good idea.

I'm all for function over form - if you can find/get data that shows the pads are better, by all means, wear 'em! That's not to say it's automatic to pick a camo-style pad...there could be disadvantages that aren't thought of, or there could be other pads that give a bigger advantage.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Is Rask keeping his same mask design from last year?

Here's a pic of his mask in progress, this was from approximately 2 weeks ago (sorry guys, I'm no good at posting pictures):

The only thing that I noticed is he added a "V" to the backplate (couldn't tell you what it stands for).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 20

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm a little bummed out goalie helmet designs haven't evolved more. Very loud and ornate. It's been three decades of that.

I'd like to see some with simpler designs. How about in the style of a Game of Thrones sigil?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad