Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
have at it

sullivant.png

TARA SULLIVAN
Brian Boyle really does believe in miracles
By Tara Sullivan
880530006-15590.jpg

Brian Boyle with his wife and son before a Devils home game in November.bruce bennett/Getty
January 22, 2018
The Boyles, by their own account, will be “all over” TD Garden Tuesday night, pockets of family members and packs of hometown friends ready to tuck themselves in every corner of the arena, eager to root for a certain visiting player when the puck drops between the Bruins and the New Jersey Devils.
Brian Boyle knows they will be there, because they are always there, because being born and raised as one of 13 children in Hingham is as much of a guarantee as being born of the local New England hockey scene and playing at Boston College that you never return to the area alone. But as many times as the 33-year-old Boyle has been taken back through his hockey backyard in his 10-year NHL career, this time is different. This year is different. Everything is different.
Or, maybe, it is all the same. Maybe, when Brian scans the stands and sees his father, Artie, it will hit each of them anew just how much they are the same — both frightened by cancer, both fortified by faith, both framed by family, and both, ultimately, freed to take those experiences to a higher call.

Brian Boyle really does believe in miracles - The Boston Globe

Reactions: sooshii

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reactions: Dr Hook

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Well in case of Vatrano, I still feel kinda bad for him. I really liked his shot and thought he might be a solid 4th liner one day.
I've always had a soft spot for Frankie, since a family I know from hockey has a son who played with Frankie on the Jr. Bruins. You know Kevin Bacon and all. But I do think he'll be a solid 4th liner, just not with the Bruins.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Haven’t seen much of the Devils this year so looking forward to this one . I am off for the next two games so will enjoy both from the comforts of the living room sofa . Bruins win 4-2 with Heinen leading the way tonight .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad