Sportsnet: Bryz to cover deadline on sportnets

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Can't stand Sportsnet.
TSN Tradecentre is the best coverage there is.
Plus they dance and shoot t-shirt guns at each other when the trades slow down.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Some video and quotes:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...art-of-sportsnets-nhl-trade-deadline-coverage

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/25-fun-things-ilya-bryzgalov-said-trade-deadline-day/

On Vanek: "Good for him. Lots of sun. Ocean. Play the beach ball with Jaromir Jagr."

On Hanzal: "I check the roster. Minnesota have 11 centres and they trade for the Hanzal. We need depth!"

On Doan: "He going to continue riding his horses and enjoying his farm. Catch the scorpion and train the rattlesnake."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I tuned in to SN for about 2 minutes, but heard this one and lol'd:

“My name is Ilya Bryzgalov. I’m your new leader. Let’s go.” — on how he introduced himself to his new teammates

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He's a ridiculously charismatic guy. I got a few chuckles out of him.
I don't know why I find a Russian dude so funny, my parents are both Eastern European, so it's definitely not the accent :laugh:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I watched the whole thing and got a good chuckle everytime Bryz was on :laugh: The other guys were cracking up on the show as well.

I wish Bryz would be a regular on SN.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I love Bryz. He was great the first segment. Then they went to BlueJays baseball and I switched the channel for the day.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I guess he gets his own sticky thread on the main board the day he gets a regular job on TV.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bryz needs a full time gig with the NHL doing interviews and opinion pieces. He's a fun personality

Agreed.

Definitely, he's the best.

He's also not gonna scare little kids who are up before their bedtime, like creepy looking Adam Oates, who looks like a vampire.

Since Bryz is seen as a goofball character and comic relief, I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets a full time role.:(

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Agreed.

He's also not gonna scare little kids who are up before their bedtime, like creepy looking Adam Oates, who looks like a vampire.

Since Bryz is seen as a goofball character and comic relief, I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets a full time role.:(

Oates definitely has a vampire look... he and his evil minion Marty Biron.

I'm all for more Bryz. Great to see that personality back on TV.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Agreed.

Why you heff to be mad, that is still funniest interview ever. Yeah, he def deserves a full time gig.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Sportsnet is really pulling out all the stops. I guess they know TSN still absolutely owns them as far as coverage/analysis goes. I think it'll take a few more stunts to actually bring in viewers though. TSN is pretty unbeatable. I doubt Bryz really moves the needle.

The only person I like on TSN is Ferraro, the rest are blowhard buffoons. I guess if you enjpy blowhards like Mac and Dregger, it could be enjoyable. For others above 14 years old they are grating

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Did anyone actually watch sportsnet? Lol

Not sure why Sportsnet has such a bad rap here. It was far better quality than TSN without all the gimmicks

Who were those idiots doing that segment with Duthie calling him 'Duthers' ? That was so cringe worthy I had to mute it

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
The only person I like on TSN is Ferraro, the rest are blowhard buffoons. I guess if you enjpy blowhards like Mac and Dregger, it could be enjoyable. For others above 14 years old they are grating

Different strokes. You could easily say the same about Kypper & MacLean. For the most part they're all good at their jobs IMO. Duthie & Dreger aren't really my cup of tea, but TSN does a great job as far as depth and quality of analysis goes. They have much better presentation on screen, and they have the viewers, plain and simple.

PS - congrats on being 15, dog ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad