News Article: Bryan's Song - Rediscovering Fogarty's hockey career

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hi All,
Bryan Fogarty was a generational talent that may have played a generation too soon. My longform story on his career of which he spent two seasons with the Canadiens from 93-94 - 94-95

Bryan's Song
When Serge Savard brought him to Montreal many years ago I was blown away at how good he was. He truly was a generational talent and his downfall was heartbreaking to watch.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He was amazing, but it was the alcohol issues that did him in unfortunately. Already a serious alcoholic in juniors. He was a tremendous skater just beautiful to watch play.

A definite what could have been ...

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He was amazing, but it was the alcohol issues that did him in unfortunately. Already a serious alcoholic in juniors. He was a tremendous skater just beautiful to watch play.

A definite what could have been ...
His skills set and skating were amazing

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SportsLit

Mar 12, 2020
Hi All,
I posted this after publishing in the off-season and am re-posting once more ahead of the upcoming NHL season. Bryan Fogarty was born in Montreal and grew up a Canadiens fan, it was also the last NHL team he played for in his brief career. He was a generational talent that may have been born a generation too soon.
Here is the longform piece I wrote about him.
I spoke with many former teammates, friends and acquaintances including Serge Savard that brought him to the Habs and Gary Leeman who played with him while he was there and also in Germany.
Feel free to comment and/or share.

Thanks.

Bryan's Song

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad