Podcast (Audio) Bryan Trottier - All Roads Home

SportsLit

Mar 12, 2020
Hey Islander fans,
We had Bryan Trottier on SportsLit to discuss his recently released book All Roads Home written with Stephen Brunt. Here are some links to listen (available wherever you get your podcasts), and you can also purchase the book through our website below. Feel free to like, share or comment, and yes he does plan on visiting Long Island to promote the book.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
My favorite player . I wore 19 growing up on every jersey and still always play 19 as one of my lottery numbers . When he coached the Rangers oh boy let’s not get into that . A part of his game not all may remember is he could crush a guy into the boards when the opportunity was there .

Reactions: Mike C

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Just finished this. Good read. Lots of praise for Bossy (not surprising). And also Tiger Williams. Didn't realize they were so close. Neat to learn about how he grew up and making it to the NHL. His early years with Isles is especially cool to read about. Interesting that he never drank. Those 80's Islander teams had some hard core partiers...

Surprised there wasn't more about some of his personal problems (bankruptcy, bad investments, conflicts with NYI ownership, mental health issues...). He devotes about 1/2 page to his depression. And kind glosses over the controversy surrounding his number retirement and the rumors that he wanted to be paid. Doesn't even mention his financial problems. Which is cool. He obviously wanted to make it more about his childhood and hockey career.

Highly recommend for every Islander fan.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'm waiting for the Billy Smith memoir - not sure if it would be the greatest or worst book ever though.

Reactions: bigtim1988

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Read the book and would strongly recommend it. The one autobiography I want to see happen is Teddy Nolan: "What The f*** Do You People Want From Me? The Ted Nolan Story".

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I'm waiting for the Billy Smith memoir - not sure if it would be the greatest or worst book ever though.
it would be the most honest. Billy said a lot of things out loud that many just kept to themselves.

i remember one time in the locker room after a playoff game, Billy kept yelling out "NO FIRST TIMERS"......he made sure all the papers and radio guys who were regulars and showed up in the February blizzards and icy cold temps got what they needed before the johnny come only at playoff time people....i always had great respect for that. he even asked a newspaper beat woman who covered the team regulary if she needed anything else before he answered other questions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad