News Article: Bryan Murray Press Conference Summary - 04/06/2015

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Based on this fan bases obsession over past players there is a pretty good chance that people will be jumping off of ledges anytime the goalie we move gets a win for his new team.

The fan base seems pretty split between those who think we should move Andy and those who believe we should cut bait with Lehner. Regardless of who is moved there will be a lot of pissed off fans. If we end up being mediocre or crappy next season things will get intolerable in a hurry.

At the end of the day I've liked most trades made by Bryan ever since ownership told him to forget about winning a cup in 2011: yes we gave up Bishop for Conacher and a pick but we had to give up a goalie and giving up Bishop made the most sense, Conacher tied Game 4 against MTL in the playoffs and the pick turned into Lindberg who is looking mighty fine. Not ideal but great things came our way because of the trade nonetheless

I'm confident that whatever happens with our goalies and D (we still have too many) will be a positive for the team. That it might be a positive for the team we trade with is of no concern to me as long as what we get helps this team level up from bubble team

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
At the end of the day I've liked most trades made by Bryan ever since ownership told him to forget about winning a cup in 2011: yes we gave up Bishop for Conacher and a pick but we had to give up a goalie and giving up Bishop made the most sense, Conacher tied Game 4 against MTL in the playoffs and the pick turned into Lindberg who is looking mighty fine. Not ideal but great things came our way because of the trade nonetheless

I'm confident that whatever happens with our goalies and D (we still have too many) will be a positive for the team. That it might be a positive for the team we trade with is of no concern to me as long as what we get helps this team level up from bubble team

The bolded part is where I am at as well, and is why I have trouble relating to all of the Bishop/Silfverberg angst that I continually see. I with players leaving all of the best, but if they blossom elsewhere it does not automatically mean we lost the trade. Ideally both teams involved in a trade meet their needs and come out ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad