"#BruinsforBlues"

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I don't like Pittsburgh but I like Malkin a lot. There's no one in the league who is more fun to watch when he's on top of his game. They're definitely 4th on my list though.

Blues are my 1st choice.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Considering I've been a Blues fan since 2011, yes I'm all in for them!

I wear a Blues hat at work a lot and all my co workers just assume I'm a blues fan. If they only saw my Bruins tattoo ..

1. Blues
2. Sharks
3. Bolts
4. Pencils

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Is this the new shark tank thread?

Personally, I don't care who wins, unless it's the Penguins.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reverse order

4. I don't dislike Tampa but they are 4 on my list

3. The Pens are three- I like Mike Sullivan and after reading what Kessel said about Claude and his experience here I'm on his side. You guys and my kid can all hate the Pens I can't completely

2. Blues- would be great for that franchise - I remember how bad it was when I think they skipped the draft one year. Very like able team. If only Sobotka was on it.

1. Why not. I will always be a Thornton guy and what guy wouldn't like to hang with Burns or women cuddle with him. Joe Pavelski is Everyman. Logan Couture was sooooo close to being the Hamil pick

The West is where I'm hanging my emotions

Have always disliked the Pens since ML & JJ days. Mostly because they were so talented & always beat the B's, but also because Mario was (and remains) a whiner. And Jagr... They weren't prototypical "Fancy Dan's," as Derek might say, but close.

Guess I'm a Neanderthal but I don't care for finesse first teams. I like black & blue *and* finesse.

I have no use for either PITT or TB. The West is the Best.

Go Blues! :yo:

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I'm rooting for SJ. Want Thornton to finally lift the cup along with Marleau, Pavelski etc..

STL is a reallllyyyyyy close 2nd for me....so whoever wins this series I want to win..

Then TB..

Then ****sburgh....Tho if they do win, I'd be happy for Kessel.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
4. Pittsburgh. Bleep that whole organization. If I see those plugs from WBS like Sestito and Craptopoulis and whatever beer league goalie they signed this week hoisting the cup as Black Aces I'm gonna puke like Kessel after he just ordered from the entire board at Taco Bell.
3. Tampa Bay. Meh. It would be a great story and show that letting Stamkos go would not be the end of the world for them.
2. San Jose. I have always liked them and would like Joe to get a Cup.
1. St Louis. It's a close 1/2, but it's time for the St. Louis fans to get a Cup and would make Maple Leafs fans heads explode. Also, our old pal Bill Armstrong has been doing a good job as head of amateur scouting with guys like Fabbri.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Pittsburgh should be every Bruins fans #4. They have the absolute worst fan base in pro sports. Front runner in every sense of the word. Also cost us a Stanley Cup in 1991 due to Ulf's ********.

Then Tampa...Cooper is the best coach in the division.

San Jose...Remember when all the board fluffers ran their favorite line "The GM knows best" when we took Hamill over Couture

St. Louis... Hate the baseball Cardinals, but the hockey fans that aren't baseball fans deserve it. :)

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I've always had a soft spot for the Blues. For a while, I felt they were the WC version of the Bruins. Now, not so much. Personally I'm rooting for the Blues first, San Jose second, Tampa third.

Pitt fifth, fourth would be a random cancellation of the SCF.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I'm a diehard Bruins fan, but I started following the Blues about 20 years ago when they created an RSN with the local NBA team and started televising a lot of their games here in Indy (and I would watch any hockey I could get). Liked those teams with Quenneville, followed their ascension back to prominence under Hitchcock, usually try to go to a game at Scottrade every year (and see the Bruins if the schedule allows) & have followed them as my "west" team ever since. So, when the B's are out, I'm a Blues fan. And I am 80 times a year during the regular season, too.

(and as a bonus, their organist is awesome).

Funny thing is, I can't stand the Cardinals. I have the same feelings towards them as I do the Habs.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Used to be on the Blues bandwagon, but got TB and SJ for a beer a game so my theory is anyone but Pittsburgh.

If it benefits me does it really matter in the long run?

I do like the Blues, I wish the Bruins had a defensive core like them.

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
Pittsburgh should be every Bruins fans #4. They have the absolute worst fan base in pro sports. Front runner in every sense of the word. Also cost us a Stanley Cup in 1991 due to Ulf's ********.

Then Tampa...Cooper is the best coach in the division.

San Jose...Remember when all the board fluffers ran their favorite line "The GM knows best" when we took Hamill over Couture

St. Louis... Hate the baseball Cardinals, but the hockey fans that aren't baseball fans deserve it. :)

I've only been watching hockey for real since 2010, sooooo honestly my opinion doens't matter much here, but...

Can't root for ****sburgh for several obvious reasons. Matt Cooke may be gone, but Crosby is not. I've never liked their incessant whining and diving, and even if a former Bruins coach is theirs now, I still never want to see them win. That said, if they do, whatever. Guess it's better than Montreal getting it.

Can't get behind Tampa Bay, though why, I am not entirely sure. I just don't care about them. If they win it all, they have my respect, but that's about it. I don't care if they win or lose at this juncture, though seeing them beat ****sburgh will incline me to like them a bit more.

San Jose? Mehhh. They have Thornton, so I guess for his sake I wouldn't hate it if they won. I just feel like they've constantly been overrated throughout the years as the Caps of the West; always good, never good enough to get it done.

St. Louis has had my attention ever since Hitchcock was hired. I'm sure i'm not the only one here who thought of them at one point as the Bruins of the Western Conference. I like Backes, though I know some of you don't. I liked Oshie when he was playing with them (Random But Cool Aside here, but OSHIE flew back from the game 6 a few days ago and ended up shopping at my furniture store in Leesburg, VA. I went right by him and nodded, didn't realize who I had just nodded to until I was ten feet away. I ended up selling him a very nice rug...)

Go Blues. Only team I like or don't immediately dislike!

My rules of thumb if the Bruins aren't in it.

San Jose, St. Louis., Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh

Team si not the Pittsburgh Penguins or Montreal Canadiens
San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay

Have any teams never won the cup? If all teams have won, which have won the fewest.
San Jose and St. Louis

Of those teams, which has been around the longest since they last won or have been in the league.
St. Louis.

I'm rooting for St. Louis, and I also have some friends from there, so I'm rooting with them.

I agree with all of the above.

And like others, though I am rooting for the Blues, I also despise the Baseball Cardinals, but not as much as I do the Theo Epstein/Joe Madden Cubs.

P.S. I also think the term "board fluffers" is awesome. I'll have to remember that one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad