Trotman

Who will be the best in the long term?

Morrow
Bartkowski
Krug
Warsofsky
Trotman

Who would you trade and why?

Krug - Strong value now; will need a significant raise; Morrow and Bartkowski will be better.

Iceman12

Nov 22, 2014
Outside of Krug, I don't like any of them. None of them provide any offense nor snarl/toughness. They're all a dime a dozen in this league. Soft as tissue paper...

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
Bart is playing lights out right now. Thank God Clode ended his banishment. Krug has been steady. I wish Morrow had the green light to rush up ice, thats the best part of his game. He has to be a bit more aware on the defensive side, seems to lose his man sometimes. Warsofsky and Trotman are a dime a dozen and always will be.

Future

Morrow
Krug
Bart

iGetCarried*

Best Now:

Krug
Morrow
Bartkowski (if he plays like he has been he's #2)
Warsofsky
Trotman

Best in the future:

Krug
Morrow
Bartkowski
Warsofsky
Trotman

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Best Now:

Krug
Morrow
Bart
Trotman

Best Future:

Krug
Morrow
Arnesson
Grzelcyk

Trade now: Warsofsky...not too much value but better than before the season started.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Best Now:
Krug
Bart
Morrow
Warsofsky
Trotman

Best Future
Morrow
Krug
Bart
Trotman
Warsofsky

I REALLY like Krug. I like his skill in the offensive zone (best power play guy here since Savard, and best power play blue liner since Bourque). I like his effort and physicality (well, physical effort at least) on D and his breakouts. He isn't a PMD, per say, but he is good on the breakout. He has also probably been our steadiest defenseman since Chara went down. He has proven to me, at least, that he is a top 4 guy.

That being said, if I was going to deal one of these guys, it might be him. I'd want a good young top 6 winger in return. I'm not saying I want to deal him, but he is an asset that might start to cost more than his value.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Best Now:

Krug
Morrow
Bart
Trotman

Best Future:

Krug
Morrow
Arnesson
Grzelcyk

Trade now: Warsofsky...not too much value but better than before the season started.

I mean, Warsofsky cleared waivers. Better off keeping him for if people get hurt. I'd rather play him than the 2015 version of Zanon.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Best Now:

Krug
Morrow
Bart
Trotman

Best Future:

Krug
Morrow
Arnesson
Grzelcyk

I see what you did there.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Best now

Krug
Morrow
Warsofsky
Bartkowski
Trotman

Best in the future

Morrow
Krug
Trotman
Warsofsky
Bartkowski

What am I missing in Trotman: he seems slow and not very physical for a big body?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Best now

Krug
Morrow
Warsofsky
Bartkowski
Trotman

Best in the future

Morrow
Krug
Trotman
Warsofsky
Bartkowski

Best now

Krug
Morrow
Bartowski
Warsofsky
Trotman

Best in the future

Morrow
Bartowski
Warsofsky
Trotman

Parcel Krug with x for right wing. Warsofsky or Bartowski can make up for the loss of Krug. Plus newbies on their way up the ranks.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Outside of Krug, I don't like any of them. None of them provide any offense nor snarl/toughness. They're all a dime a dozen in this league. Soft as tissue paper...

Morrow has a skill set that if properly developed, could be a blast to watch

as far as snarl and toughness go, I see more and more each year, fewer D-men out there drafted with high upside have much in the way of snarl and if by toughness you mean the ability or willingness to drop them, for me, it`s becoming a league that is getting further away from that part of the game anyways.

Trotman looked ok, but not a guy I`d be livid if moved

Warsofsky I haven`t seen nearly enough of to come close to making an assessment on, like his mobility though and for me, I`ll take a d-man who`s mobile and can move the puck 8 days a week over a guy who can`t move at all.

I like Miller, but again, if he or Quaider were moved, I`d lose little sleep

For me, I don`t entertain moving Dougie

Love what Krug brings, but if he`s looking for a huge pay day this offseason....adios for me

iiBruins17*

Now:
Krug
Morrow
Warsofsky
Bart
Trotman

Future:
Morrow
Krug
Warsofsky
Trotman
Bart

I'd trade all of them except Morrow unless you get something good for him

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Morrow has a skill set that if properly developed, could be a blast to watch

as far as snarl and toughness go, I see more and more each year, fewer D-men out there drafted with high upside have much in the way of snarl and if by toughness you mean the ability or willingness to drop them, for me, it`s becoming a league that is getting further away from that part of the game anyways.

Trotman looked ok, but not a guy I`d be livid if moved

Warsofsky I haven`t seen nearly enough of to come close to making an assessment on, like his mobility though and for me, I`ll take a d-man who`s mobile and can move the puck 8 days a week over a guy who can`t move at all.

I like Miller, but again, if he or Quaider were moved, I`d lose little sleep

For me, I don`t entertain moving Dougie

Love what Krug brings, but if he`s looking for a huge pay day this offseason....adios for me

I agree across the board with the possible exception of Trotman, who got worse the more I watched him. I think he's clearly the weakest of the young D. He has the size but doesn't seem to use it (mini Hal Gill).

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Wait, what? I missed the last game, but Bart playing great?? Yeah, ok.

He made some of the best defensive plays that any Bruin has done this year in his own end, 1 on 1. He had a few tight pivots behind the net where I was sure it was a forward, because I just assumed nobody on our blueline skated like that and was that big (I figure Krug can). Then I see "43" on the back, and just about spat out my beer. Keep an eye on it, whoever is developing his skating is doing wonders for his game. No idea if it's rare to see that kind of jump from 25 to 26 years old, but it's happening.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
He made some of the best defensive plays that any Bruin has done this year in his own end, 1 on 1. He had a few tight pivots behind the net where I was sure it was a forward, because I just assumed nobody on our blueline skated like that and was that big (I figure Krug can). Then I see "43" on the back, and just about spat out my beer. Keep an eye on it, whoever is developing his skating is doing wonders for his game. No idea if it's rare to see that kind of jump from 25 to 26 years old, but it's happening.

I still can't be convinced that he's anything more than a 7th D man. Seids, Krug, Chara, Miller, Hamilton when wall healthy are clearly the top 5. I just can't take playing Bart over Morrow or even McQuiad

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
While this road trip out West will, in no way be the precise moment where we will be able to assess with exact precision the potential for this young group as they move forward in their career, it "could" be a very good gauge on how far they have to go or what they most need to work on moving forward.

Either way, I`m not so sure we could ask more from such a young core back there in the absence of a stud like Z

Julien takes a ton of mud slingin here from the fans for being far too rigid with mixing up the lines, or giving this prospect more opportunities than others (not sure I agree with that but...) but I`ll say one thing, along with the job he did in his first year with a pretty underwhelming group of players, this early stretch may be some of his best coaching.

Not the most entertaining team to watch, but with all the injuries, and players playing in spots they ideally would not be playing in, hardly shocking that he`s insisted on playing the ultimate simple game

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Krug
Bart
Morrow
Miller
Warsofsky
Trotman

In the future
Morrow
Krug
Bart
Miller
Trotman
Warsofsky

Can wait for Hamilton and Morrow to be in thier prime together.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Best now:

Krug
Bartkowski
Morrow
Warsofsky
Trotman

Best long term:

Morrow
Krug
Trotman
Bartkowski
Warsofsky

Who I would trade:

Warsofsky - There is clearly a lack of long-term openings on the back-end in Boston today (when everyone is healthy) and will continue to be a lack of long-term openings in the future. I just don't see a long-term spot open for Warsofsky with the Bruins. Since he only signed a one year deal with the Bruins this year, they would be wise to get something for him (if they even can) instead of losing him for nothing.

Bartkowski - Reports were that PC could "only" get a third round pick for Bartkowski, so he elected to trade Boychuk for two seconds and a conditional third instead. Dumb move. While Bartkowski has made some great defensive plays as of late, he's nothing special and is seemingly prone to making dumb decisions / costly mistakes at key periods in a game (or series). Considering his salary, the Bruins would be wise to package him at the deadline (assuming everyone else is healthy...) along with picks / prospects to land that right winger that they're missing and or could use in a playoff series. With the cap crunch of next offseason (likely to be worse than this season) and several key players to re-sign (Hamilton, Soderberg, Smith, Krug) / roster spots to fill (Paille, Campbell, Svedberg, Gagne, Fraser, McQuaid) and or will / already have been given large pay increases, he will likely not be (able to be) retained past this season anyways.

Last edited:

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Best now:

Krug
Bartkowski
Morrow
Warsofsky
Trotman

Best long term:

Morrow
Krug
Trotman
Bartkowski
Warsofsky

Who I would trade:

Warsofsky - There is clearly a lack of long-term openings on the back-end in Boston today (when everyone is healthy) and will continue to be a lack of long-term openings in the future. I just don't see a long-term spot open for Warsofsky with the Bruins. Since he only signed a one year deal with the Bruins this year, they would be wise to get something for him (if they even can) instead of losing him for nothing.

Bartkowski - Reports were that PC could "only" get a third round pick for Bartkowski, so he elected to trade Boychuk for two seconds and a conditional third instead. Dumb move. While Bartkowski has made some great defensive plays as of late, he's nothing special and is seemingly prone to making dumb decisions / costly mistakes at key periods in a game (or series). Considering his salary, the Bruins would be wise to package him at the deadline (assuming everyone else is healthy...) along with picks / prospects to land that right winger that they're missing and or could use in a playoff series. With the cap crunch of next offseason (likely to be worse than this season) and several key players to re-sign (Hamilton, Soderberg, Smith, Krug) / roster spots to fill (Paille, Campbell, Svedberg, Gagne, Fraser, McQuaid) and or will / already have been given large pay increases, he will likely not be (able to be) retained past this season anyways.

Aren't you trying to trade two players that made it through waivers this off-season? I don't see how they have any value except as a throw in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad