Post-Game Talk: Bruins win 5-2. What a surprise!

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Yak is the only golden boy left it seems. Any criticism of him and the mob mentality is out in full force defending him to the very end.

The funny part is he wasn't even criticizing him really. Just made a comment about his warm up.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Almost wish that Cup run in 2006 never happened.
Without it, I think Lowe and his crew would be long gone. But they've had that card they could play. 'We got this team to 1 game of winning the Stanley Cup.'
Problem is, the game has changed a lot since then. That was the season right after the clutch and grab was taken out, however it was a gradual change, and it wasn't completely enforced until about 2008. So at that time, defenders like Smith and Staios were still able to play their style.
Now, as I mentioned, the game is just completely different, and I think the game has passed by Lowe, MacT and others of the OBC.

Doesn't help that we have a drill sergeant as a coach who seems to be sucking the fun out of the game for the team, and especially the young players. This is still a game. To succeed it's important that the players learn to be responsible, yes absolutely, BUT they must also have FUN. If they're not having fun, they're just not going to thrive as much as they could otherwise. I'm not sure Eakins understands that. Doesn't seem like it to me.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
It would be nice to have a big body on the top line instead of Eberle. Someone like Ladd. Hall is big, but he's obviously not a bruiser. Ladd has skill and can also lay some nice hits (not that he's a hitting machine, but you get the idea).

Was talking with some Jets' fans on the trade board, and they seem to be game for a trade regarding Perron+ for Ladd. The plus perhaps being a 3rd in this years' draft, or a 2nd the next draft. I'd totally be game for that. They both have to be extended next season, but Perron is two years younger and has more pure skill, which might be attractive for the Jets who are looking for more scoring. A Hall-Nuge-Ladd line I think could really dominate. Not only just on rushes, but with cycling the puck and board work, which Eberle is just too small and weak to thrive at.

Hall - Nuge - Ladd
Yak - Drai - Eberle

Gives us a problem again with size on the 2nd line, but it's better than it being a problem on the 1st line.

A Perron + for Ladd trade would be good; the team could then send Eberle out to fill some holes (defenceman/top 6 forward/checking C).

Hall - RNH - Ladd
Pouliot - Drai - Yak (this line possibly better depending on what is acquired in return for Eberle)

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
Looks like I picked a good day to stop watching the Oilers for a while. I just assume this team is going to lose even when they are up by 2 goals. Even if they go on a winning streak it doesn't even matter anymore because you can just tell they will make up for it by going on a long losing streak.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
So if you go by the practice of play each 7 game stretch like a playoff series the Oil have:

Gotten swept (0-4) get accustomed to the system let not panic it's been a long summer
Won a series (4-1) The System Works!!!
Gotten swept (0-4) Jet lag and couple posts?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Bruin fan coming in peace. Center depth doesn't hurt but it appears to me the Oilers lack structure. You certainly should have sold the farm for Boychuk. The Bruins struggled a against the Panthers last game, and I couldn't believe how much better that team looks. Luongo in Willie Mitchell in and everyone else follows. It's a couple players like those two who could really help Edmonton make that next step. Just my 2 cents

heh, I wanted Willy Mitchell on the Oilers since we got Roloson from Minny.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Didn't even bother to watch tonight.

Took until about game 65 or so last year for me to get to that point.

This organization is rotten. The coach has got to go, but more importantly, Lowe, MacT and Howson need to go with him.

I fully expect the Oilers to come out flat and get outworked and outplayed by a terrible, terrible Buffalo team and lose. Probably get a point in OT.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Bruin fan coming in peace. Center depth doesn't hurt but it appears to me the Oilers lack structure. You certainly should have sold the farm for Boychuk. The Bruins struggled a against the Panthers last game, and I couldn't believe how much better that team looks. Luongo in Willie Mitchell in and everyone else follows. It's a couple players like those two who could really help Edmonton make that next step. Just my 2 cents

I agree with ya to an extent. Boychuk is needed but he is a UFA at years end and an Edmonton boy. If I was him, Stay in New York. Believe me folks, what I saw tonight (and I was close to the ice at blue line) we still have a long way to go. Hall would have helped, but they were missing Krug and Chara. .Something has to go and it has to be Eakins. I was 3 feet from him in warm-up and he even looks like an idiot. Full of himself. THe players just don't have the heart. Mess will scare the crap outta them, He will give the C to Hall to keep him here. If things don't change, Hall turns into Pronger and is gone. Can u blame him?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Yeah, we seem to be blowing our cap space in the wrong places.

For what we paid Pouliot, we could've have dished a little more cash and landed a legit #1 goalie (Hiller) or a legit 2nd line center (Grabovski). Then there's the trading a pick so we could talk to Nikitin first for the purposes of signing him, which of course happened. That's bad scouting and assessing the field of players available. Boychuk and either Grabovski or Hiller on this team would be a huge improvement on what we currently have. Bad target acquisition and assessment by management, which doesn't surprise many Oiler fans, to be honest: we know our management is a joke. But you're right.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils are desperate for some speed and youth up front.
Pick from Zajac Larsson Merrill Gelinas Brunner Zubrus Ryder
I'd say even Elias but devils would never trade him and can't see Oilers wanting him

What's a fair offer for Eberle or Yak?
If Zajac is player Oliers would be interested in , we would need a C coming back.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
A Perron + for Ladd trade would be good; the team could then send Eberle out to fill some holes (defenceman/top 6 forward/checking C).

Hall - RNH - Ladd
Pouliot - Drai - Yak (this line possibly better depending on what is acquired in return for Eberle)

That's along the lines I was thinking. It does a couple of things for us that we need: it makes our top 6 bigger and stronger, and it allows us to trade Eberle for a top pairing Dman, should the right deal come along. I'm hearing Yandle might be available. Eberle for Yandle? Sign me up.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
He had 5 shots, was one of the better forwards in the game. Who gives a **** about warm up? And I am sure one players dad started talking to a random fan about how another player is going to be traded soon. Seems legit.

Your taking what I said wrong. Mr Fayne didn't say anything like you are saying. All he said is what I said that Yak does not look into it. That is it. Myself, I am a huge Yak fan. When he hits, he hits to hurt. What I saw tonight, he was like the tide, in and out

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
U r mis-understanding what I said earlier. I spoke to Mr Fayne in the lobby and he said the same thing I notice that Yak just ain't in it.
On another note you probably heard me yelling at Eakins. I yelled so loud at him in the 3rd he stared at me. Boston fans wear cheering me on. He walked by me and I was so close I could have hit him I should have dropped him.

LOL
Yes, that would've been epic. Or just grab him and mess up his precious hair. Give him a noogie. I could just imagine the look on his face. One of furious anger! :rant:

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Your taking what I said wrong. Mr Fayne didn't say anything like you are saying. All he said is what I said that Yak does not look into it. That is it. Myself, I am a huge Yak fan. When he hits, he hits to hurt. What I saw tonight, he was like the tide, in and out

Yes but throwing big hits all the time is not his game - it's about getting shots off. He got five tonight and got in good positions. If he does that regularly he will start putting up numbers and that is what they need him to do.

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
Calgary troll chiming in!

We lost to Tampa tonight badly. Calgary looked really bad, Tampa looked awesome. Yet I am ok with this. We are rebuilding and getting better with great prospects on the way.

Oiler fans your prospects have already arrived and they are a talented bunch. Your management sucks and your coach sucks bad.

As a Calgary fan I do feel sorry for you guys. Honestly sorry for you. I want Calgary to beat you every game, but how can I take any pride in beating what you put on the ice.

Management needs to go now, coach needed to go last season. I am an oilers fan too so it pisses me off seeing the team play so bad.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It's becoming harder and harder to care. Having terrible management is one of the toughest things to deal with in sports.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
After they cleaned up on the boneheaded turn-overs in the 1st they actually started playing a good road game. They lulled me into a false hope that they were going to play a smart game. And then bam! A swift kick right to the boys. And another loss.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Just one loss closer to ownership wiping the slate, or packing up and moving to Seattle, both would be awesome
I think we're stuck with them for 35 more years because of the new arena.

I got a good feeling about the 2052-53 season though.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Devils are desperate for some speed and youth up front.
Pick from Zajac Larsson Merrill Gelinas Brunner Zubrus Ryder
I'd say even Elias but devils would never trade him and can't see Oilers wanting him

What's a fair offer for Eberle or Yak?
If Zajac is player Oliers would be interested in , we would need a C coming back.

Zajac 1M retained, Larsson, and Ryder for Eberle+Arcobello

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well honestly what do we expect when the team's best player is out for the 2nd game in a row and it leaves such a massive void on the team?

The heart and soul of the team has basically been ripped out and everyone else has to find a way to step up and fill in for that reduction in talent in the lineup which is basically impossible. How do you replace a player like that who is such an integral part of the team.

Just 1 more game and the storm will be weathered. Captain Ference where art thou.

:sarcasm:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Well honestly what do we expect when the team's best player is out for the 2nd game in a row and it leaves such a massive void on the team?

The heart and soul of the team has basically been ripped out and everyone else has to find a way to step up and fill in for that reduction in talent in the lineup which is basically impossible. How do you replace a player like that who is such an integral part of the team.

Just 1 more game and the storm will be weathered. Captain Ference where art thou.

:sarcasm:

You joke, but with Ference in the lineup instead of Nikitin we might have won.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
U r mis-understanding what I said earlier. I spoke to Mr Fayne in the lobby and he said the same thing I notice that Yak just ain't in it.
On another note you probably heard me yelling at Eakins. I yelled so loud at him in the 3rd he stared at me. Boston fans wear cheering me on. He walked by me and I was so close I could have hit him I should have dropped him.

What did you say to Eakins? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad