Post-Game Talk: Bruins win 3-1 - Tuukka gets his birthday wish

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Rough moments towards the end but the Sens were desperate for the win as much as we were.

Glad to see the birthday boy win.

Loved Spooner's game and Marchand played a great game-just wish he could have converted something.

Bruins let up a little after the third goal but they survived the push and took the 2 points.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Huge win, not pretty,goal accomplished. My only negative was the prevent defense in the 3rd, really hard to watch, have to work on that.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Claude with nice words for Spooner and he wasn't a fan of the slack play in the third.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Rough moments towards the end but the Sens were desperate for the win as much as we were.

Glad to see the birthday boy win.

Loved Spooner's game and Marchand played a great game-just wish he could have converted something.

Bruins let up a little after the third goal but they survived the push and took the 2 points.

Clode's game strategy:
808d.jpg

:sarcasm:;)

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Huge win, not pretty,goal accomplished. My only negative was the prevent defense in the 3rd, really hard to watch, have to work on that.

Better have a supply of Pepto Bismol on hand for the playoffs then; I think we're gonna be seeing a lot of that given our current D corp.

Offense and Tuukka are gonna have to make up for what our D will lack.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Man, if the Sens had better finishing in that game :eek

This was the difference between 3 points and 7 points. Huge. Tuukka freaking earned it.

Brad has been ridiculous. One man show. Too bad neither Bergy or Reilly are shooting well right now. At least they look good possession-wise.

You could tell how happy Spoons was in the intermission interview with Guerin Austin. Awesome to see. :)

Our D really, really worries me.

To the Sens posters who stopped by: I hope both our teams make it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
YES WE WON!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE 2 POINTS!

Boys better buy something nice for Rask.

But the big question is how will/can we keep spooner up and sit paille/campbell instead.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I watched Marchand alot his yr in Val Dor with Le Tang on same team.Cape Breton had them pretty well down 3 games to 1 and he scored twice in Overtime and they came back to win that series.He showed in playoffs year they won Cup too what he made of.When games are urgent and need bigtime wins he is one of them players that feeds off it.He is doing that now every game.Pressure player.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Whats the goal?

What is important?

I already know you dont know so dont burn the cells pondering it.

What is important is having players who are creative and can actually score goals. Because we've been terrible at that this year, among the bottom quarter in the league.

Tonight -- Spooner scores two goals, and rather than playing for the hat trick he's benched.

I don't agree that benching him helps us win, if he was the difference. It's also bad coaching/player development because it kills the confidence of a player who just was the difference maker.

Let's see how Spooner does, after this benching before his home crowd.

I don't know why you feel the need to defend Claude's player choices; his tactics have not been successful this year.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Brad Marchand is un****ingbelievable right now.

He plays like this in the playoffs (knock on wood), we may be in alright shape.

Agreed-he didn't score a goal but his game was solid. I really wish he had a better RW to play with (Smith IMO should be a third liner not top 6). Course this season I won't be getting my wish.

Marchand has been clutch lately and he's feelingnit.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
What is important is having players who are creative and can actually score goals. Because we've been terrible at that this year, among the bottom quarter in the league.

Tonight -- Spooner scores two goals, and rather than playing for the hat trick he's benched.

I don't agree that benching him helps us win. But even if benching did help us win, it's bad coaching/player development because it kills the confidence of a player who just was the difference maker.

Let's see how Spooner does, after this embarrassing benching before his home crowd.

I don't know why you feel the need to defend Claude's player choices; his tactics have not been successful this year.

He scored 2 goals which I'm sure boosted his confidence. The coach using good hockey strategy to secure the win is not going to ruin anyone's confidence.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Brad Marchand is un****ingbelievable right now.

He plays like this in the playoffs (knock on wood), we may be in alright shape.

Marchy has been skating his butt off for awhile now, and has been the B's most consistent player most of the season.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I don't agree that benching him helps us win. But even if benching did help us win, it's bad coaching/player development because it kills the confidence of a player who just was the difference maker.

Let's see how Spooner does, after this embarrassing benching before his home crowd.

I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

Spooner is not a very good defensive player. There are others on the team much better than him at preserving leads. They played instead while protecting the lead.

:dunno:

What's more important? Spooner's hattrick or winning the hockey game?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

I don't agree that benching him helps us win, if he was the difference. It's also bad coaching/player development because it kills the confidence of a player who just was the difference maker.

Let's see how Spooner does, after this benching before his home crowd.

That answer is wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad