Speculation: Bruins trade rumors/proposals II: Something in the next seven days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
It makes no sense for Chia to even think about a trade until he knows what lines we're gonna try when Krejci is back. Till then he's not even certain what he's trading for, and with whom they'd play.

I say the START of real trade talks is after half a dozen games with Krejci, if/when we get there.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Until that find out what the cap will be next year nothing is happening.

That said, I hope Chia puts on his big boy pants, Superman cape, and does his best Obi Wan "these are the players you're looking for" impression and gets us a good haul.

Lord knows we need it.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
It makes no sense for Chia to even think about a trade until he knows what lines we're gonna try when Krejci is back. Till then he's not even certain what he's trading for, and with whom they'd play.

I say the START of real trade talks is after half a dozen games with Krejci, if/when we get there.

Seriously? No one would have any idea what the lines might be if a player is brought in? Not sure this one makes any sense at all.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I wonder if Chia even wants to upgrade the 4th line wing ?

There is a lovely little player named Jared Knight who can easily come up and upgrade the wing position. But he forechecks too hard in Prov and we can't have that up here sadly.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Until that find out what the cap will be next year nothing is happening.

That said, I hope Chia puts on his big boy pants, Superman cape, and does his best Obi Wan "these are the players you're looking for" impression and gets us a good haul.

Lord knows we need it.

Maybe Scott should copy over my post from the other thread... since its against the rules for me to do it

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Maybe Scott should copy over my post from the other thread... since its against the rules for me to do it

He should. It would be good to have that info in the new thread as a reminder.

If you had to guess, based on your knowledge, where do you see the cap going? It can't get any worse for us, can it?

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
It makes no sense for Chia to even think about a trade until he knows what lines we're gonna try when Krejci is back.

Seriously? No one would have any idea what the lines might be if a player is brought in?

Yeah, have to agree here. There are at least two known holes, and to listen to many posters three (not sure I agree but that's the stuff of discussion).

Krejci's RW and a Boychuck replacement. Those are two immediate needs.

Anything else is kinda gravy. Don't "need" to replace Loui right now although it's arguably time; don't "need" to replace Kelly or Campbell. What the team needs to do is reduce the dependence on AHL-caliber players on an NHL roster.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

I agree,give Krejci and Chara a chance to get back in game shape and then see where this team really stands.

Mr. Make-Believe

And that's about how it goes. Too many ?? marks at this point

1) how much money do we have?
2) Are we seeking a player with term or an impending UFA?
3) If it's a player with term, how does that affect our tag space to extend Hamilton/Soderberg during the season?
4) If we acquire player X for less than expected, how does he fit into the cap and can we get Chara back under when he's activated or will we have to move someone else out?
5) Which of the kids are we going to keep with the big club? How will they affect the cap?
6) Do we LTIR Warsofsky - send him down for a conditioning stint when he's ready - and then have to call him back up under the collective bargaining agreement?
7) Will we have to LTIR McQuaid ASAP to make it work or can we do it later and use it at trade deadline?

I could go on and on about things that need to be considered. I get it, as a fan base we are desperate for something to happen yesterday. In a non cap world, it probably would have been done by now. But there are just too many variables.

We forget sometimes - that is if you believe me - that the Oilers and Bruins have been talking since the end of last season. Eberle's name was first mentioned here on these boards. The time to make that deal was with Boychuk on the table. Edmonton didn't bite on Boychuk. Now, they are desperate to make a move. I can assure you MacT is blowing smoke to try and drive up the price.

I don't know what the deal is with St Louis. I guess I could find out by making a phone call to a friend who is high enough there that would know. But without that knowledge, I'll go out on a limb and say that Edmonton or Winnipeg are the trade partners right now. But that could all go by the wayside in a week when things are clearer.

Pain in the button on this tablet. :laugh:

Yes auto-correct. "Button" is what I meant. It's a pain in my button. Not my ass. Thank you for noticing that I almost referred to my painfully sore ass induced by this user-friendly interface... and then correcting me. You're a damn peach.

Last edited:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Yeah, have to agree here. There are at least two known holes, and to listen to many posters three (not sure I agree but that's the stuff of discussion).

Krejci's RW and a Boychuck replacement. Those are two immediate needs.

Anything else is kinda gravy. Don't "need" to replace Loui right now although it's arguably time; don't "need" to replace Kelly or Campbell. What the team needs to do is reduce the dependence on AHL-caliber players on an NHL roster.

I agree mostly,still holding out hope that Eriksson recaptures his offense or improves his stamina or whatever. I'd put Griffith right back with Krejci for another look so the hole is now on Soderberg's wing,Kelly is not the answer. And a top 3 defenseman!!

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I will be shocked if anything is done prior to around the deadline. I know Chia is likely willing, but MacT is going to ask for the moon for his players as will other GMs. It won't be until the deadline that prices come back down to earth. Even then I'm not sure our GM will be willing to pay what is being asked.

Mr. Make-Believe

I agree mostly,still holding out hope that Eriksson recaptures his offense or improves his stamina or whatever. I'd put Griffith right back with Krejci for another look so the hole is now on Soderberg's wing,Kelly is not the answer. And a top 3 defenseman!!

I'd put Gagne in that top line role. Or better yet, Craig Cunningham! That way the hole created is in Providence and that's an easy one to fill.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I will be shocked if anything is done prior to around the deadline. I know Chia is likely willing, but MacT is going to ask for the moon for his players as will other GMs. It won't be until the deadline that prices come back down to earth. Even then I'm not sure our GM will be willing to pay what is being asked.

Heard a theory that teams might intentionally weaken to enter the McDavid/Eichel sweepstakes.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Pain in the button on this tablet. :laugh:

Yes auto-correct. "Button" is what I meant. It's a pain in my button. Not my ass. Thank you for noticing that I almost referred to my painfully sore ass induced by this user-friendly interface... and then correcting me. You're a damn peach.

You don't have to be so button hurt about it.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Heard a theory that teams might intentionally weaken to enter the McDavid/Eichel sweepstakes.

I think teams should be careful about doing stuff like this. It could lead to draft rule changes again, or to them losing their pick. If a team is intentionally caught losing for 1st overall I wouldn't be surprised to see the league remove their pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad