Rumor: Bruins to unveil a third jersey?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I thought I read somewhere that the Bruins were not getting third jerseys this year, especially with the winter classic jerseys.

:dunno:

But I wouldn't mind if they did. Those do look nice.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I thought I read somewhere that the Bruins were not getting third jerseys this year, especially with the winter classic jerseys.

:dunno:

But I wouldn't mind if they did. Those do look nice.

That’s what I thought too. Maybe they’re really releasing the WC jersey and that’s what he heard?

A few teams are having throwback night jerseys that aren’t their actual thirds (Oilers, Jets, Devils) and only wearing them a few games. Maybe it’s that kind of deal?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Let’s play logic:

1). The Bruins are definitely making a new Winter Classic jersey.
2). Adidas had their hands full with the new jerseys last year, since not every team got a third jersey (including the Bruins).
3). Adidas will likely NOT make two separate brand new jerseys for a team this year.
4). Certain writers are prone to provide information that is, at best incomplete.

Conclusion: That’s the Winter Classic jersey, which will double as the alternate, probably starting in 2019. (I don’t think the Bruins wore their WC jerseys in a game before the WC in the 2015-6 season, but I could be wrong.)

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was just told that for next season the WC sweaters will be used at least 5 times not including the WC

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I follow uniwatch and Chris Creamer’s Sports Logos pretty regularly.

Pretty sure there’s a minimum number of times you must wear an alternate “3rd” jersey. In addition, you can also have a “heritage” jersey that’s used for anniversaries, throwback nights etc.

So I know the Devils are using their white “Pizza Hut” jerseys as their heritage jersey. Edmonton is bringing back royal blue for their heritage jersey. Anaheim is doing a black version of their original “mighty” jerseys. And I’ve also read that each of those teams is also planning to introduce a 3rd jersey.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Let’s play logic:

1). The Bruins are definitely making a new Winter Classic jersey.
2). Adidas had their hands full with the new jerseys last year, since not every team got a third jersey (including the Bruins).
3). Adidas will likely NOT make two separate brand new jerseys for a team this year.
4). Certain writers are prone to provide information that is, at best incomplete.

Conclusion: That’s the Winter Classic jersey, which will double as the alternate, probably starting in 2019. (I don’t think the Bruins wore their WC jerseys in a game before the WC in the 2015-6 season, but I could be wrong.)

Let's play logic.

1) Adidas and the NHL teams love money.

2) A new retro 3rd jersey along with the WC jersey will result in more jersey sales and thus, more money for Adidas and the NHL teams.

3) Did I mention this will make more money?

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Also... I hope to hell this rumour is true. Those are the sweaters the Bruins wore when I realized I was in love with them.

Now who would I get?

Easy call is Pasta. But I’m kinda thinking Jake DeBrusk...

Nailed it with Jake the Snake

Holy nostalgic overload Batman. This jersey idea was designed for old fans and millenials. Take me mooooonay

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Also... I hope to hell this rumour is true. Those are the sweaters the Bruins wore when I realized I was in love with them.

Now who would I get?

Easy call is Pasta. But I’m kinda thinking Jake DeBrusk...

Wow this would be a tough one for me. I'd say it would be a toss up between Bergeron & McAvoy. I've wanted a Bergy jersey for a few years now and this might be the right jersey (if offered) to finally pull the trigger on.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Not impressed with the winter classic jersey. Hoping this third jersey proves to be better - or a throwback.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
If they do go with the 80's throwbacks, they better keep the shoulder logo

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u4.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad