Post-Game Talk: Bruins tame Cats 3-1

mxcrossb

Mar 29, 2023
Osaka
The way you know it's not just some goalie heater thing is that it's BOTH

Sway .933 2.08 7W
Linus .932 2.10 7W

That's two great goalies, in a great system, with great coaching. There's no luck there, it's design. Can't be luck with them mirroring each other so close.
It’s tough because clearly the eye test says our goalies are fantastic (Ulmark had a beauty in this game). But their stats being so similar screams “team defense is the key ingredient”. But really maybe it’s just that those two guys have great chemistry and they’re bringing the best out of each other.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
You guys do recall that time Chara gave Gallagher a carbon fiber floss without getting dinged the department of marginal safety, right?

That was a whole lot more direct, with a lot more force. I remember excusing it as riding up into his face without even blushing.

Poitras got that one on the point of his chin and it honestly wasn't much. Should have been 2, but the refs seem to be exceptionally blind lately.

Reactions: NDiesel

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Didn't see the game, but unacceptable....

View attachment 772415

Can’t be digging at the puck while the goalie is covering it and not expect some type of response from the Panthers. Cross check looked like it was going into his chest and then ran up his arm.

Should’ve been a 2 min penalty at the most imo.

That’s the exact response I’d want the bruins to deliver if someone was digging at Ullmark

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He's had several pretty rough games now. One thing he needs to learn to do is use his size to move guys out of the crease area. Far too passive in that area for a guy his size. His processing during the play seems to be on the slow side as well. The talent is definitely there and he should end up being a very good NHLer.

Perhaps he needs some more seasoning and coaching in Providence. Also, doesn't help that he is being asked to be on some very long shifts. Not easy for a young d-man with his limited pro experience to step in and look all-world. I still have a ton of confidence in him and think that he will figure things out as he gets more games under his belt.
Just trying to remember what Chara's start was like with the Isles?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
You guys do recall that time Chara gave Gallagher a carbon fiber floss without getting dinged the department of marginal safety, right?

That was a whole lot more direct, with a lot more force. I remember excusing it as riding up into his face without even blushing.

Poitras got that one on the point of his chin and it honestly wasn't much. Should have been 2, but the refs seem to be exceptionally blind lately.

A number of years ago. A player received a game misconduct just last night for something far less egregious and far less force.

Can’t be digging at the puck while the goalie is covering it and not expect some type of response from the Panthers. Cross check looked like it was going into his chest and then ran up his arm.

That’s the exact response I’d want the bruins to deliver if someone was digging at Ullmark

At the most almost implies you'd understand no penalty at all?

Reactions: Gordoff

friendofcharliecoyle

Nov 24, 2023
The panthers are currently the dirtiest team in the league and I would say the two hits on Mcavoy and the poitras cross check were just as sketchy/wreckless/suspendible as the mcavoy hit in the previous Florida game. They came out hard in the first and threw everything at the bruins (with a lot of help from the refs and came out scoreless). And then we had a much better second period, took the lead and shut it down. There really should be a specific thread for the people who haven’t paid attention to hockey for the past decade (and didn’t watch the game last night) to debate “team toughness”. A couple games ago someone laid a clean hit on Marchand and multiple bruins including pasta immediately came to defend him. I’d rather have a team that wins basically every game than a team that is stacked with talentless goons that take dumb penalties and put the game in jeopardy to satisfy some fairweather fans vicarious dreams of machismo.

friendofcharliecoyle

Nov 24, 2023
Also, I think everyone on the board would have loved to see lucic destroy any number of people on the team but the toughness conversation is so old. Yes, they’re tough. And more importantly we’re number one in the entire league. Can we stop whining and be happy for once?

Reactions: NDiesel

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Also, I think everyone on the board would have loved to see lucic destroy any number of people on the team but the toughness conversation is so old. Yes, they’re tough. And more importantly we’re number one in the entire league. Can we stop whining and be happy for once?

Welcome to the board! We have cookies :welcome: 🍪

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The panthers are currently the dirtiest team in the league and I would say the two hits on Mcavoy and the poitras cross check were just as sketchy/wreckless/suspendible as the mcavoy hit in the previous Florida game. They came out hard in the first and threw everything at the bruins (with a lot of help from the refs and came out scoreless). And then we had a much better second period, took the lead and shut it down. There really should be a specific thread for the people who haven’t paid attention to hockey for the past decade (and didn’t watch the game last night) to debate “team toughness”. A couple games ago someone laid a clean hit on Marchand and multiple bruins including pasta immediately came to defend him. I’d rather have a team that wins basically every game than a team that is stacked with talentless goons that take dumb penalties and put the game in jeopardy to satisfy some fairweather fans vicarious dreams of machismo.
Hey, a new poster. Welcome to the board

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire

You’d want McAvoy to crosscheck a guy in the face?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

This right here. Sometimes we gotta take the black and gold glasses off, that was a 2 min penalty and if our guy got suspended for it we would not be happy.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Not even in the same ballpark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad