At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
JD is such a goofball.

Love that kid.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Definitely need a Krug/Marchand call

That was great. I’m sure it was scheduled and somewhat scripted for talking points, but I’m a sucker for team bonding and camaraderie.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
On a related note, two more Bruins hanging out together

Oops... Missed Ali's post somehow

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I changed the title to be the Stay Connected series plus all of their other summer adventures.

Nice to see that a few guys are still hanging around in the city

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I changed the title to be the Stay Connected series plus all of their other summer adventures.

Nice to see that a few guys are still hanging around in the city
Marchand and McAvoy are going to be at Bergeron's Pro-Am tournament in August.

Reactions: Alicat

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Just being honest - I thought we'd be watching these guys taking their turns with the Cup this summer not this stuff.

There, I said it.;)

But it doesn't look like the Cup loss hangover will be too bad.

Reactions: Estlin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
liked it, kind of a different type of summer "check in" with the boys and didn`t seem/feel rehearsed one bit

sort of OT but when`s training camp open?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just being honest - I thought we'd be watching these guys taking their turns with the Cup this summer not this stuff.

There, I said it.;)

But it doesn't look like the Cup loss hangover will be too bad.
3BzcNJyIy2FIA.gif

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
liked it, kind of a different type of summer "check in" with the boys and didn`t seem/feel rehearsed one bit

sort of OT but when`s training camp open?

If you're talking about the "main camp" where the regular Bruins join the prospects (because d-camp already happened, right?), they typically do physicals/fitness testing (closed to public) on a Thursday in September, followed by practices split into two groups on Friday-Sunday. Last year, obviously, it was a little different, since half the team traveled to China.

The first preseason game this year is Monday, September 16. I imagine that means the boys report on Thursday, September 12, and free practices at Warrior are from the 13th to the 15th - if they follow the pattern.

They used to do the State of the Bruins at the Garden for STHs on the first Thursday of camp at about 6 PM - JJ, Charlie, Cam, GM, coach, Chara, and typically 2 of the 3 alt captains, with Brick moderating. They moved it - I think 3 years ago? - to a random weekend matinee game, with only Cam and Don. That's not even on the schedule this year. It was a nice chance to preview the upcoming year when it was done in the evening.

Sort of on topic, but I noticed they only sent Providence Bruins to China for the summer trip. Good decision - these guys deserve a vacation after 24 playoff games, even if the last one didn't go the right way.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If you're talking about the "main camp" where the regular Bruins join the prospects (because d-camp already happened, right?), they typically do physicals/fitness testing (closed to public) on a Thursday in September, followed by practices split into two groups on Friday-Sunday. Last year, obviously, it was a little different, since half the team traveled to China.

The first preseason game this year is Monday, September 16. I imagine that means the boys report on Thursday, September 12, and free practices at Warrior are from the 13th to the 15th - if they follow the pattern.

They used to do the State of the Bruins at the Garden for STHs on the first Thursday of camp at about 6 PM - JJ, Charlie, Cam, GM, coach, Chara, and typically 2 of the 3 alt captains, with Brick moderating. They moved it - I think 3 years ago? - to a random weekend matinee game, with only Cam and Don. That's not even on the schedule this year. It was a nice chance to preview the upcoming year when it was done in the evening.

Sort of on topic, but I noticed they only sent Providence Bruins to China for the summer trip. Good decision - these guys deserve a vacation after 24 playoff games, even if the last one didn't go the right way.
Thanks for the info, also great to hear/see the PB`s are the one`s heading to China, the big boys had one long season, no need for excess travel before this one even gets underway

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm happy that the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is still a thing. Literally the best viral thing I've ever seen (even when people were doing it unknowingly it still helped to spread the word).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm happy that the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is still a thing. Literally the best viral thing I've ever seen (even when people were doing it unknowingly it still helped to spread the word).

agreed, really thought we`d see it that one year then nothing but it`s carried on very nicely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad