Post-Game Talk: Bruins Squeak by with 2-1 Shootout win

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Am I the only one who thinks McQuaid hasn't been that bad? They've only allowed two goals in two games, I don't think ANY of our defensemen have been bad.

agree- thought he was pretty decent but what do I know, never played defense

nice to see Aly Raisman drop the ceremonial puck....girl is a real Bruins fan from a Bruins family; remember looking her up during an Olympic pretrial to read about her and lo and behold there is a picture of her from a few years ago I'd say wearing a Bruins t-shirt (old time hockey I think); and Needham is a great hockey town

very easy to like this kid:handclap:

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Seguin looks a little to loose right now. His feet look good, he needs bear down a bit more. Kid could have 5 goals right now. 2 would be nice.

He's going to have to get at least 1 maybe 2 if they're gonna have any chance at beating NYR again on Wednesday. Seguin's probably the only player on the team who can beat Lundqvist with pure skill alone.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

nice to see Aly Raisman drop the ceremonial puck....girl is a real Bruins fan from a Bruins family; remember looking her up during an Olympic pretrial to read about her and lo and behold there is a picture of her from a few years ago I'd say wearing a Bruins t-shirt (old time hockey I think); and Needham is a great hockey town

She sure looked tiny next to Z.

Your kid is easy to like as well. ;)

TheSeguinEra2010*

Tuukka has looked great in two games. The effect of the lockout was seen in a lot of players today but its something people shouldnt be concerned about. Give it a week or two and the Bruins will be scoring goals at will.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
didn't realize it was an early game and was home all day and could have watched. Not happy about that. Glad to see we picked up the win though

NESN is replaying the game right now if you get NESN where you live.

Chara still continues to amaze me. I like how hyper aware of Dougie he is, when Wheeler threw the hit that went into DH's legs Chara took a number and made sure he made him pay.

Chara has always been great at making sure nobody touches his partner.

Chara is also the kind of player who allows his partner room to play their game because he generally is good at covering their mistakes. Great partner for somebody learning how to play the NHL game.

As for Dougie-I still figure he will hit some growing pains, but so far in his first two games he has impressed. I think he is going to be a pretty good player, and he makes some smart defensive moves-and contrary to what I have heard from his juniors he doesn't seem reluctant to make or take hits.

OH and while I don't think McQuaid is playing awful defense, he doesn't seem to be 100% and he is stumbling around more than a newborn colt.

Johnson didn't look that bad, I would be tempted to let McQuaid sit a few games to get his skating legs back and have Johnson play for him once Seids comes back (and my fingers are crossed that Seids is back come Wednesday).

Last edited:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Being in Hawaii for a month, and, thinking there would be no season, I neglected to hook up the whatchamacallit for watching local broadcasts on a computer. Relying on NHL game time updates, but found HF GDT more up to date.

Two wins to start the season. Nice. Tuukka is amazing so far.

Afam*

I knocked out just when we was about to start the Shootout.Lol. I just watched the Shootout again. SegNasty Aka SegMister is such a phenomenal player. Rask played well in the Shootout too.

Afam*

The one thing we all learnt from this game, is that Dougie Hamilton can both play with Chara and Seid.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Despite being sloppy and missing timing on some plays, and the Jets playing us strong on defence and on the puck, the top-2 lines still got plenty of chances.

Pavelec was very good. And lucky at times. Task was also strong at the start of the game then was less tested but still, stopped everything the last 62min.

Hamilton will be a star for a long time.

Great start of the season. Next.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I was late to work because I stayed to watch the shootout at home anyway. I'm glad I did. It was soooo ironic that we won because that final Jets skater hit the post on his shot.

Rask looked good aside from that. I hope he can keep this up throughout the season. He may never be like Thomas, but he will be a great starter if he can maintain his health and consistency.

Hamilton looked good again, and I loved how Chara was watching out for him throughout the game. I LOVE Marchand's guts; he's starting to become my favorite player hands down. For a guy as small as he is, he's absolutely fearless. He has a fan in a short guy like me (5'3).

And finally, I don't wanna say much, because I KNOW it's only been two games really, but I'm starting to miss seeing Pouliot on that third line...no disrespect intended to Bourque, I know he hasn't had much of a chance yet, but it sure seemed like every time I saw him on the ice, he wasn't doing much, or he was just playing a very 'blah' kind of game. At least Pouliot had a big body he could throw around and create some space.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Thought the B's played a pretty good game this afternoon. Chances are all there, just need to work off the obvious rust. Was pleasantly surprised with Aaron Johnson. He looks like he can be a solid no.7 spare at worst. And what can you say about the "thank you Kessels"? Hamilton and Seguin seemed all over the place and both got some really good chances.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
I'm wondering why Krejci was the first star? I thought Seguin had more impact than him

not arguing, but I do recall Krejci making a fantastic defensive play deep in his own end when Hamilton got turned around a bit, it is really great how good the Bruins are at playing responsible on all ends

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
2 points is 2 points, but there's no reason that game should've been 2-1.

Big game on Wednesday. Putting the Rangers down 0-3 would be huge, as is starting the season 3-0 with another game against the Isle on Friday. Possible 8 points out of 8 in the first week of play in a shortened season? Absolutely will take it, get it done boys. You've gotta think the Rangers will come out flying on Wednesday.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Thought the B's played a pretty good game this afternoon. Chances are all there, just need to work off the obvious rust. Was pleasantly surprised with Aaron Johnson. He looks like he can be a solid no.7 spare at worst. And what can you say about the "thank you Kessels"? Hamilton and Seguin seemed all over the place and both got some really good chances.

Johnson looks like a good value acquisition. He was signed as a free agent and is on a two way contract at $650,000 just for this season.

I liked his steady play. Let's hope he can keep it up, as he could be helpful as the #7.

Afam*

I was late to work because I stayed to watch the shootout at home anyway. I'm glad I did. It was soooo ironic that we won because that final Jets skater hit the post on his shot.

Rask looked good aside from that. I hope he can keep this up throughout the season. He may never be like Thomas, but he will be a great starter if he can maintain his health and consistency.

Hamilton looked good again, and I loved how Chara was watching out for him throughout the game. I LOVE Marchand's guts; he's starting to become my favorite player hands down. For a guy as small as he is, he's absolutely fearless. He has a fan in a short guy like me (5'3).

And finally, I don't wanna say much, because I KNOW it's only been two games really, but I'm starting to miss seeing Pouliot on that third line...no disrespect intended to Bourque, I know he hasn't had much of a chance yet, but it sure seemed like every time I saw him on the ice, he wasn't doing much, or he was just playing a very 'blah' kind of game. At least Pouliot had a big body he could throw around and create some space.

LOl. Now i see why i like Dougie. I'm 6'6

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Bruins seem to be hitting hard... Lucic had a big hit today and one in the Rangers game to go along with the ejection. Chara had two monsters today on Burmi and Wheeler. Merlot line has been throwing their bodies around like there is no tomorrow

Lets hope they keep it up

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Thoughts from the game live. I dont know how it looked on TV.

LKH line looked horrid, Lucic realized it and knows he can make an impact with the body if they aren't playing well which was nice to see.

Marchand-Bergy-Seguin line looks fast, smart, opportunistic, and click.

Tuukka looked pretty darn solid.

Dougie Fresh looked like our best DMan today.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
2 points is 2 points, but there's no reason that game should've been 2-1.

I agree. This game should have been over in the second, but for some reason the Bruins just couldn't get the puck in the net. I hate games that go like this.

Rangers game is going to be a key one, and I am positive the Rangers are going to be loaded to kill some bear after losing their first two games.

What stinks is I will probably miss almost all of it, because my daughter has a basketball game and to make it worse it is an away one.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
98.5 said Seids is expected to play tomorrow:) I hope they sit McQuaid and keep AJ in the lineup

Z-Dougie
Seids-JB
Ference-AJ

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Aly Raisman also trains with Chiarelli's daughter Talia who had to pull out of the Canadian Olympic Trials due to a back injury. She just signed with University of Michigan and will be on their gymnastics team this fall.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
98.5 said Seids is expected to play tomorrow I hope they sit McQuaid and keep AJ in the lineup

Good news about Seids. I also think they should let McQuaid sit a game or two-he just doesn't seem to have his skating legs and Johnson IMO seems to be a pretty good pick up for a 7th d-man. He had some nice hits and didn't do anything totally awful and he is pretty darn cheap cap hit wise.

Rangers are going to come out hungry and our D needs to be prepared to shut them down (and hopefully the offense puts a few behind Lundqvist).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm wondering why Krejci was the first star? I thought Seguin had more impact than him

2 games in, have been more than impressed with the shift in and out effort of DK......dare I say starting to get my "Crow eating fork ready";)

Real easy to identify who`s been playing all season so far don`t you fans think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad