Post-Game Talk: Bruins squeak by Habs 2-1

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Why do I have this feeling that Seguin is right back on Bergy's line at the very next practice?

Maybe if they just scored that one goal... but that second goal pretty much sealed that we're gonna see the "SKL" line again.

Even Horton - Bergeron - Campbell looked pretty good. Perhaps Marchand - Bergeron - Horton will click too.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Price played well enough to win, if his team actually finished their chances, but he wasn't tested at all.

ryedog*

End habs 5 game home win streak. √
Beat them 5 straight times. √
Victory :)

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Loved the hooking call on Krejci. That was cute. Hope who ever the hab is who has to pay the dues to the ref wears something nice.

Yeah, that was, shall we say, comical.

Pierre was babbling something about "zero tolerance" this year. I couldn't help but think 'Yeah, zero tolerance about Montreal not having a manpower advantage in the final two minutes.'

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
$5 million a year for Plekanec, eh?

Quality.

That shot by Plankton to the --- well, I guess to the bottom of the corner ...........of the rink , well , was .......... ingenious I guess :laugh:

Here's how I would have called it :

" Now Plankton , in alone on Rask ..... and now alone in shame " :laugh:

PAH------------------THE -------------- TIC

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Eh. Nice to get the win. Kudos to Clode for TWO things. 1. Actually putting a rookie on the pp. Never thought I'd see the day.
2. Changing the lines.

Also, I've gotten crap for the past few years for saying the PP coach Ward needs to go. But I truly believe it needs to happen now. There is NO reason to be this bad a the pp. Its the same damn plays over and over again.

This.

Three years and counting of a God awful powerplay. If he was a goalie coach, he'd be fired for results. If he was head coach the axe would have fallen last season.

It's time for a new approach and new way of thinking this powerplay. Maybe they'll look better with Jagr or Iginla out there running it off the boards down low.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Also, I've gotten crap for the past few years for saying the PP coach Ward needs to go. But I truly believe it needs to happen now. There is NO reason to be this bad a the pp. Its the same damn plays over and over again.

I agree.

There is no reason for the PP to look this awful and it starts with needing a better coach and some accountability for just how abysmal it is.

I swear it would be nice if the Bruins could decline the penalty, or maybe bank them so when the commit a penalty it is cancelled out by one in the bank.

The PK is amazing, but the PP looks worse than a pee wee hockey team.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
Yeah, that was, shall we say, comical.

Pierre was babbling something about "zero tolerance" this year. I couldn't help but think 'Yeah, zero tolerance about Montreal not having a manpower advantage in the final two minutes.'

bfa6f03d_clap.gif

:laugh:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Well, I felt a 2-1 loss going in so I'll certainly take it. I'd say we've responded well to the loss against buffalo. Sabres on the other hand? LOL. Way to use that momentum!

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Rask the 1st star for sure, he was bouncing all night, he came to play from the getgo...krecji would've got the second from me, but he had to show us his amazing hooking skills, what that guy can do with a stick, to hook with only a feathery touch, that ref wasn't fooled, he saw the magic he creates scoring goals...krecji's ego was little out of control there...but another great 3rd!! Really can't count this team out ever...

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Why do I have this feeling that Seguin is right back on Bergy's line at the very next practice?

I dont know, now that I see it in action...

...in Claude we trust but this is obvious?

When you think that we have Bergeron, a heady defensive center who plays the middle hard and the top of the key so to speak and Seguin who absolutely idolizes him on the same line. They may do too much of the same thing together.

On the other line we have DK who like to play center from down the wing off the half wall or even with his stop move way up high.

As a wing Seguin is more apt to fill where Bergie might play down the center on that which is where DK needs someone to feed, it's perfect.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I think Seguin is going to need a skilled/offensive minded center like Krejci to keep on going. Nothing against Bergeron but with the shortened more taxing season, he's going to be more focused on shutting down. That line is going to be more of a grinding type line which doesn't really play to Seguin's strengths.

After seeing a little bit of Lucic, Seguin and Krejci it just makes so much sense.

Seguin gives that line a TON of speed. Horton and Lucic together are just a tad bit too slow and thus lanes aren't usually there.

Throw Seguin into that mix and all of a sudden Krejci can thread passes to spring Seguin or Lucic can separate guys from the puck or crash the net for the skilled Seguin and Krejci to do their thing. It just makes a lot of sense and they proved it TWICE scoring on the rush.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Great win B's!
WTG Tuukka!

Love the SKiL line. Would't mind seeing those lines stay that way for a few games once Marchand come back. I see no reason why Bergy and Horts can't find success. They had a few pretty good looks tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad