Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Tomas Nosek (2 years, $1.75M/yr)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
At least one of Ritchie, Debrusk, or Wagner has t o be headed out in some shape via trade at this point.
Ritchie is gone as long as they don't resign him. Wags can go. You keep Jake until you figure out if there is another option out there. If not. You hope he rebounds and has a better year (which I have no doubt he will)

Reactions: inactive user

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm going to repeat the same joke from the other thread because I'm permanently 12 years old

Absolutely positively
Nosek in the champagne room

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm going to repeat the same joke from the other thread because I'm permanently 12 years old

Absolutely positively

Sure, there's chamPAGNE, in the champagne room. But you don't want champagne.

Reactions: McGarnagle

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
this info without the context of their overall metrics is kind of misleading because it implies that Kuraly was remotely successful in that role.

It's showing that one guy had a far easier path towards success/the other guy was given a far harder one.

I didn't want Kuraly back. Just saying why this signing might not be what everyone thinks it is.

Reactions: LouJersey

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
this info without the context of their overall metrics is kind of misleading because it implies that Kuraly was remotely successful in that role.

I think it's telling. Kuraly is good but they rode him way too hard. It's brutal when every single one of your starts is in the defensive zone.

I think it's on Bruce to spread it around this year better. I thinkKuraly will look better in CLB with better starts too.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I think it's telling. Kuraly is good but they rode him way too hard. It's brutal when every single one of your starts is in the defensive zone.

I think it's on Bruce to spread it around this year better. I thinkKuraly will look better in CLB with better starts too.
hopefully a guy like Haula helps them lean on the 3rd line a bit more. Debrusk was useless and couldn't be trusted in any kind of defensive situation.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It's showing that one guy had a far easier path towards success/the other guy was given a far harder one.

I didn't want Kuraly back. Just saying why this signing might not be what everyone thinks it is.
people saying he's twice as good as Kuraly just from looking at offensive numbers are probably wrong.

However I think for the money as a Kuraly replacement it's at worst a wash and likely an upgrade. I think I'm being realistic about it so please don't lump me in with people painting in broad strokes (not saying you are).

Reactions: inactive user

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
people saying he's twice as good as Kuraly just from looking at offensive numbers are probably wrong.

However I think for the money as a Kuraly replacement it's at worst a wash and likely an upgrade. I think I'm being realistic about it so please don't lump me in with people painting in broad strokes (not saying you are).

I'm not even remotely defending Kuraly. I wanted to move on from him and that deal he signed is bsurd.

I'm just saying don't expect his replacement to be some huge upgrade.

Reactions: LouJersey

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Sweeney is a busy guy! Looks like they want to take a big shot at the Cup IMO. The top six is pretty damn good. The bottom six underperformed and it looks like that is being addressed. Nice to see some action!

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
His production is pretty impressive. He was on a 39 pt. pace over 82 games, and did it playing 13 mins. a game.

Even if you can get 3/4s of that production over the course of his Age 29 and 30 seasons, at his price that's good value.

Historically is a 20 point player. Let's be realistic. He seems like another Nordstrom which is a decent upgrade on Wagner at least.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Vegas fans loved him. Tough kid. Him and Freddy will annoy so many people on that 4th line. AND Nosek is good in the playoffs. This is a very good move.

Nosek has a career 62 PIMs. I don't expect much of anything from him but if we get Nordstrom reliability and some finishing of hits we should be satisfied.

Reactions: Mione134

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Good move. Bottom 6 should be good this year. Who the hell is gonna be the 3rd line rw though. Someone is out of position

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad