Bruins sign Peter Cehlarik

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Shame on me but, who?

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8477417

Kirk's take:
Observations: This late riser ended up generating some draft buzz and is still an intriguing if oft-forgotten man when it comes to prospect discussions. The Slovak, who has spent the past three seasons playing in Sweden, is a top-six NHL forward dark horse kind of prospect, but he’s also one of those guys who is tough to peg because if he doesn’t make it as a scorer, it’s hard to envision him playing a heavy and responsible enough game to succeed on the third or fourth lines in Boston. His initial first steps are a bit clunky, though with a long, efficient stride, he can work well in open space with good straight line speed. Cehlarik improved his skating from when he was first drafted, but it will never be a strength. He has a quick release that allows him to score goals off the rush- an-instride drive that sometimes handcuffs goalies. He’ll also take the puck in close and shows some pretty fine dangle in getting net minders to open up and commit. Don Sweeney once described the puck coming off his stick as a “slingshot†to me, so there’s that.
https://scoutingpost.com/category/peter-cehlarik/

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
guy who has flown under the radar a bit with all the prospects we got, has good size. Excited to see how he further develops.

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
Pretty sure Peter will be turning heads in Providence. Hopefully he gets the coaching to be able to develop into the NHL. Baby bruins will be stacked over the next 2 years.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
might be intriguing, have seen him, maybe 3-4 times during International competition but I always find it tough to watch a player on that big ice and envision how his game will translate to the NA game.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
good size and on the LW.... can't hurt to get him in prov for a season or two then pop him up to the 3rd or 4th line. cap friendly has him listed as a LW/RW I'd like it if he could play the right side... would add some size in the coming years to that side.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
This is good news. Kid has size and plays a smart bergry type game. I watched him in the World Championships and he does have some offence too. Come to the AHL learn the N/A game and maybe we have a futire PK guy thats plays the bottom 6.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Cehlarik reminds me of Eriksson a bit in the sense where His skating is pretty average but he is positionally sound and scores the vast majority of goals up close.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Seems like the P Bruins will be stacked in the coming years.

Hoping something is done with Seth Griffith. Not given away for free of course, but with all of these rookies coming in the next few years (Debrusk, Heinen, Cehlarik, etc) he's taking up a spot.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I like this kid too.

I disagree some with Kirk's assessment though. I think that when he settles into the NHL he's going to be a heavy, 3rd liner with skill. Like a Berglund or a Zubrus.

He might be ready pretty quickly too. He's played in the World Juniors and the World Champs, and the Swedish top league is arguably better than the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad