Proposal: Bruins-senators

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Love it as a Bruins fan, but we don't get those pieces without giving up names like Heinen, Studnicka and Vaakanainen.

Instead of my proposal or in addition too? I make either trade honestly I just figured Ottawa would want a pick

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I wouldnt do that for Stone at this point let alone adding Dzingel. Quantity with decent draft pedigree but not real quality. Sens need RD that are either a high end prospect or proven.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Honestly pretty fair. They may be able to get a little more if they moved them seperately but not much and PD is dumb enough where I think that'd be a respectable haul for him.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I wouldnt do that for Stone at this point let alone adding Dzingel. Quantity with decent draft pedigree but not real quality. Sens need RD that are either a high end prospect or proven.

Boy are you going to be disappointed

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Not in addition, nor all 3.

Something like Heinen, Studnicka + 1st for Stone.

I think you’re overselling stone. Most rentals no matter how good they are go for more than just a 1st. Maybe a first + a mid level prospect or 2. Certainly not a 1st plus a top 9 forward + a top prospect. Nash went for essentially Lindgren and a 1st. Mid tier d prospect and a 1st. Stone maybe goes for zboril + 1st + studnicka since stone is better than Nash. But adding heinen to that should bring dzingel in.

Zboril+studnicka+1st+heinen final offer for stone and dzingel

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
to Ottawa
Frederic
Bjork
1st 2019
Zboril

To Boston
Stone
Dzingel

Ottawa gets some mid-high level prospects and a #1 pick for 2 rentals

Too light for interdivisional tbh. This is a sore spot for Ottawa yes.

Edit: mind you i know nothing of federick or bjork just assume its fodder.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I don't know how much I like this proposal, but it's better than I expected it to be before clicking on the thread, so there's that.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Man I got shredded for posting something similar in the Bruins forums.

Even had a conditional 2nd instead of the first in there.

Oh that’s because both of those deals are bruins overpays. Rentals don’t get a top prospect, a cost controlled top 9 forward and a 1st. They get 1, maybe 2 of those things. But absolutely not all 3. Heinen + 1st, eh maybe. Studnicka +1st, yes. All 3? No. Might as well toss in zboril and have Ottawa tag dzingel. That’s how much more those 3 are worth than stone on an expiring deal. So much more valuable that zborils addition requires another 30 goal guy (this season)

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Oh that’s because both of those deals are bruins overpays. Rentals don’t get a top prospect, a cost controlled top 9 forward and a 1st. They get 1, maybe 2 of those things. But absolutely not all 3. Heinen + 1st, eh maybe. Studnicka +1st, yes. All 3? No. Might as well toss in zboril and have Ottawa tag dzingel. That’s how much more those 3 are worth than stone on an expiring deal. So much more valuable that zborils addition requires another 30 goal guy (this season)
I forget now. Think I posted 2nd conditional if he signs it’s a 1st/Frederick/Zboril?

Something like that. Frankly, if Nashville wants him they’ll knock that out of the park. Which truthfully maybe they should. They’ve gotta be in the top 3 front runners this year. Stone would be a huge add.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Man I got shredded for posting something similar in the Bruins forums.

Even had a conditional 2nd instead of the first in there.

I understand wanting to keep your top forward prospect, but I also think you guys would be remiss to waste this window by sitting on your hands as opposed to getting one of the premier two-way forwards in the game.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I understand wanting to keep your top forward prospect, but I also think you guys would be remiss to waste this window by sitting on your hands as opposed to getting one of the premier two-way forwards in the game.
Lol judging by the debates on the Bruins boards I think you just found the wedge in the fan base.

Some want to cash in now for Bergeron et al.

Others want to hold on to everyone and develop.

Tough to do both at once.

Reactions: sfvega

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad