Bruins season ticket holder survey on TD Garden

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One other thing - last year, the giveaways were usually (at least in name) limited to 5K-10K people (that's a quarter to half of the Garden), and were few and far between. The Blackhawks, who are in a hockey town, won the Stanley Cup three times in very recent history, and are by most metrics at the very least dynasty-esque (if not a full blown dynasty), have WAY more giveaways. And maybe hockey bobbleheads aren't as much of a thing as baseball bobbleheads, but they're a helluva lot better than a rinky dinky LEGO knockoff of a non-player that I still can't figure out how to put together.

Chicago is doing their fan convention this weekend and it sold out in hours. Why can't the Bruins do something like this?. People will come Jeremy, people will come.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/v2/ext/MediaRelations/2015 Convention Program FINAL.pdf

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
I forgot all about that survey. Is it even worth the time to fill out?

There are even small changes that they could do to better the fan experience. I went to a Rangers game in MSG last year and these are a few I would love the TDG to pick up....

- players on ice somewhere visible on the HDX
- plastic covers for the $12 beers so you're not spilling them everywhere while avoiding other fans on the concourse, or worse, spilling it on your jersey or getting it knocked over when someone is leaving during play. (I thought this idea was brilliant but it was up in the Chase Bridge seating, so not sure if premium exclusive. Or just offer a cover where condiments are so we can choose to cover or not.)
- security checkpoints separate from ticket scanning, like say downstairs... not in the front of the turnstiles. How annoying is it to have someone push their way back through the line because their tickets won't scan or is invalid? MSG had them downstairs and then up some escalators was the ticket scanning.

If they could adjust the wait time to enter the arena, I think that would make 95% of us happier. Now that I have a FitBit, I sometimes use the stairs but I wouldn't utilize that option every game.

Opening the gates earlier would benefit JJ's pockets because then fans aren't spending money at the bars in the neighborhood but are eating/drinking in there instead. My work would clear out at 6 because that's when doors open.

I don't believe players (unless they're scratched) could hand out game day stuff because they get to the arena by 5 and then they have their stretches/soccer warmup/pre-game meetings then warmups to get ready for.

Maybe I should take the survey.... Unless I missed the deadline.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins fans have been drinking at North Station bars since prohibition ended and only head to arena when there is 15 minutes to go.

The Bruins are getting a new board in 2016-17 and it should have the new software the MSG board now has as Daktronics will make it. There is simply no place to list players on ice without using an add ring and they won't happen until the new board.

I forgot all about that survey. Is it even worth the time to fill out?

There are even small changes that they could do to better the fan experience. I went to a Rangers game in MSG last year and these are a few I would love the TDG to pick up....

- players on ice somewhere visible on the HDX
- plastic covers for the $12 beers so you're not spilling them everywhere while avoiding other fans on the concourse, or worse, spilling it on your jersey or getting it knocked over when someone is leaving during play. (I thought this idea was brilliant but it was up in the Chase Bridge seating, so not sure if premium exclusive. Or just offer a cover where condiments are so we can choose to cover or not.)
- security checkpoints separate from ticket scanning, like say downstairs... not in the front of the turnstiles. How annoying is it to have someone push their way back through the line because their tickets won't scan or is invalid? MSG had them downstairs and then up some escalators was the ticket scanning.

If they could adjust the wait time to enter the arena, I think that would make 95% of us happier. Now that I have a FitBit, I sometimes use the stairs but I wouldn't utilize that option every game.

Opening the gates earlier would benefit JJ's pockets because then fans aren't spending money at the bars in the neighborhood but are eating/drinking in there instead. My work would clear out at 6 because that's when doors open.

I don't believe players (unless they're scratched) could hand out game day stuff because they get to the arena by 5 and then they have their stretches/soccer warmup/pre-game meetings then warmups to get ready for.

Maybe I should take the survey.... Unless I missed the deadline.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Their production/music/etc is usually pretty good in big games but sometimes they try too hard, especially when it's an average game. They turn the volume up, they fill every second with noise in the breaks, the worst is when the crowd is trying to start something and they drown them right out and kill it. They could do a better job of playing off the crowd. 30 seconds without blasting bad music so you can talk to the person next to you isn't the worst thing in the world either.

Paree would be nice but that ship has sailed.

They won't take tickets away from scalpers but it would be nice if they could spread them out more. Or at least add something in that don't smoke/don't throw things pregame video to tell people in the balcony not to sit on the edge of their seat and lean. By far the worst part of the experience since the balcony's not nearly steep enough.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Huh. Never noticed any discomfort in the loge seats or balcony. Compared to those in Fenway, they feel like heaven to me.

Maybe it's a body type/size thing.

At 5'9", 160 pounds (and unlike a lot of dudes, I'm giving you my EXACT height and weight), I'm not so sure...hahaha

Might be more to do with a whining type thing. :laugh:

TheBigZ

Dec 18, 2007
Dallas, TX
www.hfboards.com
Bruins fans have been drinking at North Station bars since prohibition ended and only head to arena when there is 15 minutes to go.

The Bruins are getting a new board in 2016-17 and it should have the new software the MSG board now has as Daktronics will make it. There is simply no place to list players on ice without using an add ring and they won't happen until the new board.

How do you know that?

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
At 5'9", 160 pounds (and unlike a lot of dudes, I'm giving you my EXACT height and weight), I'm not so sure...hahaha

Might be more to do with a whining type thing. :laugh:
I'm 5'7" and my legs are always crammed in regular loge/balcony seats.

Row 22 has clearly spoiled me.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge

Typical Bruins fans yes. Some who aren't STHs or can't get to many games, typically cash out anywhere from 5:50-6:10 to head over. That's when my restaurant got its turnover anyway.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Typical Bruins fans yes. Some who aren't STHs or can't get to many games, typically cash out anywhere from 5:50-6:10 to head over. That's when my restaurant got its turnover anyway.

The Sullivan's crowd has the drink to the last second down to a science.

I hope, HOPE when the renovations are done they create a separate entrance from North Station. I have never seen an arena with access issues like TD.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How do you know that?

Friends who work in the control room have told me. The plan all along was to replace the current board after 10 seasons, it was installed in 2007. It will be a full 4K HD board.

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
plastic covers for the $12 beers so you're not spilling them everywhere while avoiding other fans on the concourse, or worse, spilling it on your jersey or getting it knocked over when someone is leaving during play.

Holy crap, were you behind me last week on the escalator at the U2 concert and saw my spill? Seriously, this exact thing happened to me - to the server's credit, I was served 21 ounces in a 20 oz cup. Kudos to him. Transporting it from loge to balcony proved a challenge, and when Dumby McDumberson in front of me on the escalator decided to randomly take one step back, SPLOOSH. Mostly on him. :sarcasm: I did get a little on me, and the mere satisfaction wasn't worth the $2 of beer spilled.

As far as tops for beers, that would be simple to employ, but probably expensive. Why would it be simple? They already do it for the servers in the club seats at the Garden. I guess they assume that we can handle 2 beers per person....which may be true for the first pair of beers. Not so much for the fifth pair.

And they seriously do need a "Let's all go to the lobby...let's all go to the lobby...let's all go to the lobby...BUT ONLY AT THE WHISTLE!" song before the game. They warn us about flying pucks, but if you're in my row, getting up before the whistle can be MUCH more hazardous to your health. (One of the reasons I actually hate aisle seats.)

And, not to give too much praise to the Hawks, but apparently they had Captain Serious do a PSA for the playoffs about waiting for the whistle to get up. To the B's credit, last year for one game in December, the usher around 326 did a GREAT job of holding back the masses until the whistle. That solves half the problem, but doesn't prevent people from getting out.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i can see it already.
theyre gonna start shooting the free tshirts in the crowd again this year. right??

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Compared to others in terms of views.... (Don't care about anything else although I hate the 1 entrance in and shame on them taking away the bathrooms below Loge 4 dirtbag move.)

So its a great arena for basketball in the lower level. Hockey its not steep enough and on the sides in the primo seats theres only a few good rows high enough above the glass before the walkways in the affordable side sections 3, 10, 14, 21. Paid for a nice row 12 Loge for the Providence College Natty game vs Eichel and of course the far goal was blocked by a camera over the penalty box that thing blocks more views than a freakin pole at Fenway and should go or be smaller.

Would have stunk if I was at the wrong end of the ice for our development camper Tanev's goal!!!

In the upper level the last row isn't special just cause its not that steep and cool looking of an arena but its not that high an arena still a good seat. Front row of the upper level is great compared to Gillette but awful compared to the old Garden.

But honestly row 11/12 anywhere in the upper level on a corner or or ends is a much better seat than a crappy 4 rows from the top seat in most other arenas due to it not being that big and only 17565 for hockey and not too high. Mid to upper balcony seating at the new Garden is pretty good compared to other arenas.

ONly Vancouver was a little better in those cheaper upper level seats than my balcony season tickets every other arena I've been to in CHEAP seats I would take my seats at the Garden over equivalents. But for PRICEY LOWERS its the WORST I've been to in terms of the steepness and glass obviously not by that much and you can sit higher up and its OK but rows 7-8 still suck and are too close on the sides which is lame for hockey.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Prices are the thing I stressed on my survey. Thought the increase was ridiculous when it happened and I still think so. I wish I had thought to mention the loge seats, which somebody brought up here. They arent horrid but, compared to other rinks, they are not up to par.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hate when the music is so loud that I have to stick my fingers in my ears. I also dislike being told by the jumbotron to "GET LOUD" as I feel most hockey fans should know when to cheer and don't need to be told.

Most of all I hate the "fans" who show up drunk and are allowed to purchase two beers/ drinks at a time. These drunk idiots spill beer on other fans , swear at the B's and are just rude. I am all for having fun but it's not fun when you have one of these fools sitting near you. The last couple of years this has gotten worse.

The seats don't allow much room. I am 5'5" and it's tight for my legs. Also if you have a large person next to you they take up part of your space. It's not their fault as the seats are not big enough.

Overall I have fun at the games. I find most of the security guards and ushers friendly.
Also the folks at the concession stand near us are cool. One guy (Bill) has been there for years and it's fun to see him still there when we go back at the start of every season.

Also the guys who work for the B's are friendly.

It is always fun to go to the first game (or pre season) of the year and see the STH. Some I know by name and some I know their face.

I enjoy the little kids. They come down for the pregame skate.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I hate when the music is so loud that I have to stick my fingers in my ears. I also dislike being told by the jumbotron to "GET LOUD" as I feel most hockey fans should know when to cheer and don't need to be told.

Most of all I hate the "fans" who show up drunk and are allowed to purchase two beers/ drinks at a time. These drunk idiots spill beer on other fans , swear at the B's and are just rude. I am all for having fun but it's not fun when you have one of these fools sitting near you.
The last couple of years this has gotten worse.

The seats don't allow much room. I am 5'5" and it's tight for my legs. Also if you have a large person next to you they take up part of your space. It's not their fault as the seats are not big enough.

Overall I have fun at the games. I find most of the security guards and ushers friendly.
Also the folks at the concession stand near us are cool. One guy (Bill) has been there for years and it's fun to see him still there when we go back at the start of every season.

Also the guys who work for the B's are friendly.

It is always fun to go to the first game (or pre season) of the year and see the STH. Some I know by name and some I know their face.

I enjoy the little kids. They come down for the pregame skate.

Agreed

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hey TD gives you free flies in the beer :laugh:

15246_10205822283700555_6398454235941758010_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad