Post-Game Talk: Bruins Rookie Tournament: Vs. Buffalo Sabres and New Jersey Devils, in Buffalo!

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
We are getting close to the end of "summer" and Bruins hockey is about to have its first game in forever --why are we not talking about this yet?

Friday, Sept. 11
• Boston practice: 3 – 5 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 12
• Boston practice: 1 – 3 p.m.
• Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m., First Niagara Center

Sunday, Sept. 13
• Boston morning skate: 10 – 11 a.m. (at HARBORCENTER)
• Boston vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m., HARBORCENTER

Monday, Sept. 14
• Boston morning skate: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m., First Niagara Center

Looks like our opponents are bringing some fighters for sure:

Sabres:http://sabres.nhl.com/v2/ext/2015-16%20Season/Prospects%20Challenge/20150901-ProspectsChallenge-Roster-BUF.pdf
Bruins:http://sabres.nhl.com/v2/ext/2015-16%20Season/Prospects%20Challenge/20150903-ProspectsChallenge-Roster-BOS.pdf
Devils:http://sabres.nhl.com/v2/ext/2015-16%20Season/Prospects%20Challenge/20150903-ProspectsChallenge-Roster-NJD.pdf

Thoughts on the tournament?

Last edited by a moderator:

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I hope that Arnesson will stand out. I think he has a real chance of taking that D spot with the Bruins this year.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I hope that Arnesson will stand out. I think he has a real chance of taking that D spot with the Bruins this year.
Doubt it. We have an abundance of D right now (granted, most are bottom pairing guys) and there are other prospects (C.Miller, Morrow) who are closer than Arnesson.

Zac Rinaldo*

he's closer than people think, but he's never been a guy to seem comfortable when jumping levels of play, and i think will need at least a full season in providence before he's ready. his game is very simple and he closes gaps quickly though, so claude will likely take a shine to him early on.

another thing, he's put on quite a bit of upper body muscle and worked on his first pass a lot this past season

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Have you seen Arnesson play recently? Just curious.

What I saw of him in Sweden and with Swedish WJC team, he showed great maturity and defensive awareness. He also has shown flashes of offensive potential and capacity to create offense. If everything goes right I can see him becoming a player in the mold of Seidenberg, a rock solid top-4 defender.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Any chance to watch any of this?

From what I hear, Buffalo is pretty good about streaming their rookie tournaments. I think we got zilch in Nashville last year other than 90 seconds of highlights. I'd check the Sabres (and Devils) sites this next week.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Bad news (and no, it's not about fitness testing....):

So much for my previous post. Guess I'll be leading the "McDavid's better" chants this year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Make this Finn proud, I'd guess he goes against Eichel.

edit:

Nice to see Haggs complementing him, is it time to say Bergeron2? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Bad news (and no, it's not about fitness testing....):

So much for my previous post. Guess I'll be leading the "McDavid's better" chants this year.

Well that sucks....off to watch McDavid and crew at Canucks/Oilers/Jets and Flames young stars in an half hour...

Zac Rinaldo*

i might go to the game on sunday night. if anyone really stands out i'll make a post

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This season I have been the least excited in years for the season to start.

BUT ....Seeing a pre game thread has started a little excitement.

Come on B's...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If the NHL was a real league they would be televising all of these games on their network . Instead of watching ****ing Oil Change or old meaningless regular season games they should be doing this . Cheap ****s

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
If the NHL was a real league they would be televising all of these games on their network . Instead of watching ****ing Oil Change or old meaningless regular season games they should be doing this . Cheap ****s

Exactly. Pathetic that there is no way for anyone to watch these games besides being there in person. Watching the Oil v Nucks game now and it is a great game.

Zac Rinaldo*

watching the oilers vs. canucks rookie game on my phone atm. mcdavid was great on his first shift then got absolutely laid out by virtanen on maybe his 3rd shift and looked very hesitant for the remainder of the first period, became invisible after the hit. this kid braden christoffer looks like a monster early on; i think he is actually an undrafted invitee for the oilers. he's not big but he fights like crazy, fought through 2 canucks defenseman and scored a goal in the first ten mins. had another chance later on in the period as well.

entertaining game. nurse tried to fight virtanen but

Zac Rinaldo*

if any oiler fan tries to tell you mcdavid had a good game (1g 1a) as the oilers are now up 7-2, they're wrong. he was practically invisible this entire game, was absolutely rattled by virtanen (big black eye after the hit and did nothing for quite some time after it) and his assist was on a guaranteed goal from nurse and his goal was this weird bounce that he barely tapped in.

very unimpressed with his composure in this game. virtanen got in his head early and often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad