WEEI Bruins reporter Matt Kalman: If Bruins don’t win Game 7 this was all a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
"There's no other way to put this: the Bruins deserve this win more than the Blues," Kalman said, enraging every other fan who exists outside of Boston, sprawling across this beautiful nation. A lot of what he references is the massive number of injuries the Bruins have suffered through the postseason. If the Bruins don't persevere through those injuries and win Game 7, then apparently it's all been "a waste," failing to take into account how difficult it is to get here, and how much has already been accomplished.

If Bruins don’t win Game 7 this was all a waste

Last edited by a moderator:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I didn’t read and I’m not sure Boston deserves to win more than St. Louis. However, it certainly is more important for Boston to win vs St. Louis given the age of all of Boston’s players. It’s not common for teams to end up in the finals in back to back years and I’d be surprised in 2 years if krejci Bergeron and chara are still playing at the effectiveness they currently play at. This is likely the last shot at a cup for a handful of bruins. The blues don’t have that problem as they are considerably younger

Reactions: BMC

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The “nobody deserves anything” post “deserves” to be the thread ender.

And to counter Kalman’s “point”: while the Bruins have suffered man games lost due to injury, it’s a lie if we call it anything close to “devastating”. Especially in comparison to years like 2010 where Sturm
is gone in the first game of the second round, Savard is playing at like...20% and DK breaks his wrist in game 4.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Don’t know him. Don’t read his stuff or listen to him. But, if he meant that it would be a damned shame if Boston didn’t win it with the Caps and Bolts having been eliminated and in view that our top line has been very inexplicably ineffective at the wrong times, then I agree with that.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad