Boston Bruins Bruins release updated schedule

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON - The National Hockey League announced today, January 19, dates for the Boston Bruins re-scheduled games:

Tuesday, February 8: Boston Bruins vs. Pittsburgh Penguins, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Thursday, February 10: Boston Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Saturday, February 12: Boston Bruins at Ottawa Senators, 12:30 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Tuesday, February 15: Boston Bruins at N.Y. Rangers, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Thursday, February 17: Boston Bruins at N.Y. Islanders, 7:30 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Saturday, February 19: Boston Bruins at Ottawa Senators, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Monday, February 21: Boston Bruins vs. Colorado Avalanche, 1 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Monday, March 21: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Sunday, April 24: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Schedule is pretty good

6 games left in January
3H 3A
11 games in February
4H 7A
14 games in March
7H 7A
15 games in April
7H 8A

100 days left in the season 46 games to go

Post All Star Break
39 games in final 81 days

Last edited:

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
The Bruins finish the regular season with 7 games in 11 days. Five of the seven will come against teams likely to make the playoffs. Oof.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Schedule is pretty good

6 games left in January
3H 3A
11 games in February
4H 7A
14 games in March
7H 7A
15 games in April
7H 8A

100 days left in the season 46 games to go

Post All Star Break
39 games in final 81 days

I think like Mike said it ends bad and right now it's brutal

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
BOSTON - The National Hockey League announced today, January 19, dates for the Boston Bruins re-scheduled games:

Tuesday, February 8: Boston Bruins vs. Pittsburgh Penguins, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Thursday, February 10: Boston Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Saturday, February 12: Boston Bruins at Ottawa Senators, 12:30 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Tuesday, February 15: Boston Bruins at N.Y. Rangers, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Thursday, February 17: Boston Bruins at N.Y. Islanders, 7:30 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Saturday, February 19: Boston Bruins at Ottawa Senators, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Monday, February 21: Boston Bruins vs. Colorado Avalanche, 1 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Monday, March 21: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Sunday, April 24: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)

Wow what a birthday treat for me. April 24th against the Habs!

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
The Bruins finish the regular season with 7 games in 11 days. Five of the seven will come against teams likely to make the playoffs. Oof.

the good news is almost every team we play at the end of April will already have a playoff spot clinched so a lot of those teams may not be playing desperate hockey

given how good the East is I don’t think teams will be going all out for seeding I think alot of teams will use it for rest

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
the players agreed to it.
There are two sides to the exact same coin.

Yeah my post was rather tongue-in-cheek. The players also get paid more by playing the full 82, and coming off the back of 2 shortened seasons I can see why they'd also be particularly eager to get the full schedule in this time.

The whole thing does almost take on an absurd quality though, churning through game after game at a rapid rate just to get to the magic number. The quality of the product will suffer, and the risks of injuries will increase. But the teams have to know this, and like true modern athletes they're willing to take that calculated gamble. I don't see the NHLPA as being even remotely representative of the true broad opinions and voice of the players though. It's a pretty tame puppet union these days that seems to me to exist largely to sign off on whatever the league wants and give it an extra air of legitimacy because 'the players' agreed with it.

Reactions: Gordoff

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Did I miss something along the way? We play Toronto only 3 times this year? At least according to the schedule on nhl.com. once in November once the end of March, and then the last game of the season. Is that right?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Did I miss something along the way? We play Toronto only 3 times this year? At least according to the schedule on nhl.com. once in November once the end of March, and then the last game of the season. Is that right?
Yeah the current schedule format sucks for divisional rivalries. Needs to be overhauled.

I'd do away with the extra games vs non-divison, in conference opponents and do 1 home and home vs all non-division teams (48 games), then that leaves 34 games (5 games vs 6 opponents, 4 vs the 7th) for 82 games. Still gives the nhl the every team in every arena they want but adds more rivalry games.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeah the current schedule format sucks for divisional rivalries. Needs to be overhauled.

I'd do away with the extra games vs non-divison, in conference opponents and do 1 home and home vs all non-division teams (48 games), then that leaves 34 games (5 games vs 6 opponents, 4 vs the 7th) for 82 games. Still gives the nhl the every team in every arena they want but adds more rivalry games.

I'd go so far as to say they should go back to home/away alternating years with teams outside the conference. That frees up 15-16 games more each season to play divisional opponents. Get back to building some heat with rivalries and storylines for a season series and going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Agent86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad