Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
See, I have a huge problem with this. Why should he "embrace the grind" when he's got enough skill to not have to play that way?

I used to think Claude was behind this organization's obsession with "playing a complete 200 foot game" before letting these guys get a shot, but since Julien has been gone for a few years, I see now that it's institutional. And you know what? It's completely misguided. Other teams have no problem letting young guys come up and let them play to their strengths without changing everything about them. Not here though. And I think this is a huge reason why they've sucked at the draft. They may or may not have made the right call, but where they're truly gone wrong is how they try to develop the players.

Even if they had taken Barzal or Conner instead of Senyshyn, who's to say either of those guys would be close to what they are on other teams because of the B's insistence on this 200 foot game crap. Not everyone can or has the ability to be Patrice Bergeron. You can't simply throw away a prospects values and remake their entire game from the ground up because you want them to play like 37. But they do. And it's on them.

I think that the reason he needs to work on his 200 foot game is because he doesn’t have the skill level necessary to work in the nhl without defensive ability. I’ve always felt that the reason these prospects are told they need to improve in other areas is because what they are naturally good at isn’t good enough. The bruins putting him on the 3rd-4th line in providence to improve defensively is a massive indictment on his offensive game. Pastrnak wasn’t good defensively but he was so electric offensively Boston mostly let him work on his defensive game in the nhl. And when he was sent down to work on that aspect, it was on the first line in providence, not the 4th.

The 2015 draft was a misstep in the first round for Boston. I’m not saying senyshyn definitely won’t be an nhler and maybe even a useful one, same goes for zboril. But I’m pretty confident senyshyn will never be as impactful offensively as barzal, Connor, and boeser are and will be. Zboril might work out as a middle pairing solid dman maybe, but he won’t be chabot. They could have missed one of 3 of those picks. But missing on 2 (which is what they did) is not good considering how many hits in that first round there has ended up being

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I find it a ****ing disgrace that we can't even talk about a prospect in his own thread without certain ***** *****ing about things that don't have anything to do with the prospect and as a result, get it shut down. I'm ****ing embarrassed to call some of you fellow Bruins fans.

I disagree with the entire premise that the draft class as a whole isn’t directly related to specific players from said draft class. Was drafting Greg odom a mistake because he was bad or because Kevin Durant was so good? Anthony Bennett was taken 1st overall, but the draft class was so bad no one really sees it as a massive mistake in the same way.

Yakupov was taken 1st in a down year so him being a bust isn’t as egregious as Arizona taking strome at 3.

The entire idea that a player isn’t allowed to be compared to his peers is something I will never understand.

But on the prospects as a whole...are any of them good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad