Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Pasternak released by Bruins to play in the wjc in Toronto and Montreal. He'll play for the Czech Republic and will travel there following Sunday's game with Providence. This, courtesy of hockej.cz as reported by DJ Bean of weei.com.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Pasternak released by Bruins to play in the wjc in Toronto and Montreal. He'll play for the Czech Republic and will travel there following Sunday's game with Providence. This, courtesy of hockey.cz as reported by DJ Bean of weei.com.

This is good.
It was supposedly 'part of the plan' in him staying on this side of the pond to start the year. Glad they honored. That agreement.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
I suppose they have probably played for underage national teams before, but I'd make it a team policy to release every eligible player for the tournament. I just think it can be so important to a players development to be a leader for their national team at that tournament. The team gives up 2-3 weeks of a players developmental time at a point where their contributions to the big club are at their lowest, to me this is a very low cost.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Bruins 4th Round pick Danton Heinen is currently Top 25 in scoring in the NCAA and 2nd for Freshman (behind Eichel). While the draft pick came out of nowhere and no one knew much about him, he looks like quite the pick. He's been generating some legit buzz.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
I suppose they have probably played for underage national teams before, but I'd make it a team policy to release every eligible player for the tournament. I just think it can be so important to a players development to be a leader for their national team at that tournament. The team gives up 2-3 weeks of a players developmental time at a point where their contributions to the big club are at their lowest, to me this is a very low cost.

This.

The Junior tournament is a big deal. Let them all go. Its good for them and its good for the game.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I'm split on this, but Barry Trotz disagrees with you:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...g-rookie-andre-burakovsky-from-world-juniors/

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Awesome. Another small, skilled B's prospect with local roots having a plus game somewhere.

I am wicked excited for the future.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Awesome. Another small, skilled B's prospect with local roots having a plus game somewhere.

I am wicked excited for the future.

Your a little over the top here no ? I think this kid is a pretty good prospect. BC has had a few "small, skilled" prospect do ok in the NHL.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don't give a **** how big they are as long as they put the puck in the net and hustle back.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Being big is better than being small. Not saying Fitzgerald can't be a good pro, just the road is harder than it is for 6-3 guys.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Being big is better than being small. Not saying Fitzgerald can't be a good pro, just the road is harder than it is for 6-3 guys.

he's really interesting player- and with the game leaning towards skills he possesses I think Fitzgerald makes it. He looks really good in HE- but you are right, I'm sure Boston would love to see Fitzy have a 2" growth spurt

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
he's really interesting player- and with the game leaning towards skills he possesses I think Fitzgerald makes it. He looks really good in HE- but you are right, I'm sure Boston would love to see Fitzy have a 2" growth spurt

I hope Fitzy makes it, but he hasn't exactly torn it up this season (12 pts in 18 games). The Eagles are a pretty balanced scoring team as Fritzy jumped from 11th on the team in scoring all the way up to a 5 way tie for 3rd after yesterday's big game. He is 8th on the team in scoring in conference play. He has also been a penalty machine this season, easily leading the team in penalties, and almost 3 times as many penalties as any other forward. (15 versus 6 as second most)

All around it has been a pretty miserable season for BC by their standards.

In other college hockey news. Danton Heinen with another goal last night in a 1-1 tie for DU. He continues to lead his team in scoring. One concern is he has an absurd shooting percentage (almost 25%). He also scored in a meaningless shootout.

""It's a real luxury to have a player like Danton that has great hands and sees the ice really well," said Denver Head Coach Jim Montgomery following the game. "He's the kind of player that makes everyone around him better and we hope he can keep his level of play at a high level moving forward."

Heinen, a Boston Bruins prospect, has now registered 6G-8A-14P in his last 11 games and currently ranks second in the NCAA in points-per-game by a freshman (1.12) for the season, trailing only BU's Jack Eichel. "

http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports/m-hockey/recaps/010215aaa.html

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A lottttt of people on here were critical of the Danton Heinen pick. Looks like our brass might know what they are doing a little bit.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
A lottttt of people on here were critical of the Danton Heinen pick. Looks like our brass might know what they are doing a little bit.

Could be another Reilly Smith. Based on early return, I think they did a great job in last year's draft.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Cehlarik-khoklachev-pastrnak
camara-spooner-ferlin
Bjork-heinen-donato
Blidh-fitzgerald-randall

Arnesson-grzcelyk
morrow-o gara
Johansson-benning

Subban
mcintyre

Bruins have a good prospect team, I think this helps to visually identify what the team needs to help its depth. No shock its wingers (lw particularly) but I didnt realize how bad the bruins need a right shot dman in their system. Trotman (who I didnt count) and benning are really all they have.

oreillyisgod

Unregistered User
Jun 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Cehlarik-khoklachev-pastrnak
camara-spooner-ferlin
Bjork-heinen-donato
Blidh-fitzgerald-randall

Arnesson-grzcelyk
morrow-o gara
Johansson-benning

Subban
mcintyre

Bruins have a good prospect team, I think this helps to visually identify what the team needs to help its depth. No shock its wingers (lw particularly) but I didnt realize how bad the bruins need a right shot dman in their system. Trotman (who I didnt count) and benning are really all they have.

Effectively, the Bruins have no prospects. Given the choice, the coach will not play most if not all of these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad