Rumor: Bruins preparing offer sheet for Jacob Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Of course Sweeney is trying this. Thing is, would the relative value of the offer sheet (picks) match that of Trouba? I can't think of any AAV that Trouba would sign that wouldn't have 4 1sts coming back, and even if they front loaded it with signing bonuses, that wouldn't really bother one of the richest ownership groups in pro sports. I don't see this as anything to worry about. This is exactly the reason why Chevy was so reluctant to spend big money on players in UFA. Do our negotiating for us, Sweeney.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If the Bruins are idiotic enough to do it, then go for it. Jets will match whatever the Bruins can muster in terms of AAV, IMO.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Of course Sweeney is trying this. Thing is, would the relative value of the offer sheet match that of Trouba? I can't think of any AAV that Trouba would sign that wouldn't have 4 1sts coming back, and even if they front loaded it with signing bonuses, that wouldn't really bother one of the richest ownership groups in pro sports.
If you read the article, yes we'd be getting 4 first rounders back. I'd take the picks.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Of course Sweeney is trying this. Thing is, would the relative value of the offer sheet match that of Trouba? I can't think of any AAV that Trouba would sign that wouldn't have 4 1sts coming back, and even if they front loaded it with signing bonuses, that wouldn't really bother one of the richest ownership groups in pro sports.

Already been discussing this in the general thread.

7 x 6.71
6 x 7.82
5 x 9.39
4 x 9.39
3 x 9.39
2 x 9.39
1 x 9.39

Since Boston does not have a second or third rd pick these are the minimum amounts they would have to offer Trouba on an offer sheet The compensation would be 4 1st rd picks ifbthe Jets don't match.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
If the Bruins are dumb enough to put together an offer sheet for north of 9.3m AAV I gotta think we take the four 1st round picks and run away giggling?

Love Trouba but yeaaaaaah.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So you've never read a Globe and Mail or Associated Press article that didn't name their source?

I'll believe it when it happens. The only thing that might give me pause is it would involve Sweeney, and he doesn't seem to be the brightest GM out there.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Already been discussing this in the general thread.

7 x 6.71
6 x 7.82
5 x 9.39
4 x 9.39
3 x 9.39
2 x 9.39
1 x 9.39

Since Boston does not have a second or third rd pick these are the minimum amounts they would have to offer Trouba on an offer sheet The compensation would be 4 1st rd picks ifbthe Jets don't match.

So a 5 year contract, which would make him worth almost as much as PK in AAV, but not near that worth in talent, would make it quite hard for the Jets to match. It would also leave Trouba basically on the doorstep to UFA, which would be nice for him. Unless he turns into a perennial Norris defender in that time, his likelihood of getting that much in UFA is nil. I basically see him signing a max term contract or a short term one to get to UFA if he signs an offer sheet.

Well, we'll see what happens. As Gin said, eventually we have to turn the corner and slow down collecting futures and prospects.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It comes from a credible network...NBC Sports. Credible news networks don't always name their sources.

Of course they don't but they also float a lot of crap that never happens.

Look what Kyprios did on the air at the last trade deadline? Sportsnet is also a reliable news source but they report a lot of rumours too. NBC is no different

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think I take the picks especially if it's 7 years. Trouba hasn't proven he's worth that much money. Why pay 6.7+ for a dman when we already have a very expensive dcore and will likely need to pay some hefty forwards salaries going forwards as well a a starting goalie. We may not be a cap team now but I'd be willing to bet within the next 3 years we will be, if we want to be competitive and having 4 1st overall picks with a decent chance to be lottery picks is something that can keep a competitive team alive. Chara will likely be retiring soon so Trouba is their #1 going forward. Their core is also aging and they likely lose Eriksson this year to FA. Maybe even Stemp too.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I think I take the picks especially if it's 7 years. Trouba hasn't proven he's worth that much money. Why pay 6.7+ for a dman when we already have a very expensive dcore and will likely need to pay some hefty forwards salaries going forwards as well a a starting goalie. We may not be a cap team now but I'd be willing to bet within the next 3 years we will be, if we want to be competitive and having 4 1st overall picks with a decent chance to be lottery picks is something that can keep a competitive team alive. Chara will likely be retiring soon so Trouba is their #1 going forward. Their core is also aging and they likely lose Eriksson this year to FA. Maybe even Stemp too.
Boston could be very bad for a few years. Those picks could be very juicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad