Boston Bruins Bruins postgame quotes after Game 7

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Im one of Sweeney’s biggest critics.

But not this year.

Agreed. He did everything he could to help the team win. In fact most of his trade deadlines were pretty good, his other notable one the bruins made the final

I also don’t fire Monty. Deserves another chance to show what he can do especially given some likely major roster changes. I imagine people would be pretty happy if we lost quite a few guys but they ended up just taking Toronto’s spot in the division. Doable. Likely? No, but doable.

Neely is the guy I’d let go but I also don’t really know what Neely is doing at this point. He doesn’t seem to be helping or hurting.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Agreed. He did everything he could to help the team win. In fact most of his trade deadlines were pretty good, his other notable one the bruins made the final

I also don’t fire Monty. Deserves another chance to show what he can do especially given some likely major roster changes. I imagine people would be pretty happy if we lost quite a few guys but they ended up just taking Toronto’s spot in the division. Doable. Likely? No, but doable.

Neely is the guy I’d let go but I also don’t really know what Neely is doing at this point. He doesn’t seem to be helping or hurting.

I have zero use for Neely. Great , great player.

But lousy FO guy.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
On HNIC they showed Neely sitting in his box during the second intermission and you could easily read his lips.

Very angry he said "come on guys"

I want to hear the same thing he said a year ago "we left something on the table".

As for Gold @Alicat The AGM in Boston has almost always been the GM of Providence
"OMG Come on" has really been the playoff mantra. Overperform in the regular season and at times lackluster, error-prone underperformances during the playoffs.

Ok so the torch will be passed. I'm feeling Marchand should not carry that mantel, but I'll certainly defer to those who see him up close and personal.

Given the quick exits, it will be interesting to see how soon the sell-out streak is broken. Daunting task ahead for mngt.

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
Seems kind of weird it’s been 24 hours and nothing from the team. Like a thank you fans. Or we’re sorry we’ve given you 2 of the greatest collapses in NHL history and constant underachieving but hey stick with us

Babajingo

I've been hugely critical of DS on this board during his tenure. I still feel like he assed up multiple seasons during his time as GM. Not this season. Other than the Mitchell mess, DS has been pure gold as far as I'm concerned. He will likely catch some heat for giving up so much at the deadline, but I'd rather a GM go all-in when it seems like the time is right than half-ass it like DS has been prone to do in the past.

Having said that, I won't be disappointed to see major changes in direction when it comes to the front office, coaching staff, and roster. Since 2013 the team hasn't accomplished squat in the playoffs other than 2019. Winning a lot regular season games isn't as satisfying as being more competitive in the playoffs.
I think he did a great job during the season and the Zacha trade. And was all in for the All-in.
But this whole season is based on the fact that Krejci and Bergeron gave him a huge gift with their cheap signings, bailing him out.
If those two didn't sign or signed for market value, we would be looking at a much different season and trade deadline.
I would love to see a complete refresh but that isn't going to happen. Meh.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad