Pre-Game Talk: Bruins/Pens April 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I know it's just a regular season game, but this game is shaping up to be a like the gunfight at the OK Corral. In my twitter feed today I saw several tweets about both teams' injured guys skating in practice. Gotta figure that both teams will be nearly 100% healthy for this game and we should have the Yeti in the lineup as well. This will be a really interesting test of what it might look like if these two teams run into each other in the playoffs.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
It will be a let down, like most of the Bruins big regular season matchups.

Pens game after Cooke hit?
Let down.

Nucks game after cup?
Letdown (with help from iffy officiating)

Habs games for first this year?

Let down.

Other pens games this year?

Let down.

Not a good track record.

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
They need to win this game or at least lose close.

If they don't how much faith should you have in them.

The team is deeper than it was the last time we played them with the additions of Soderberg, Jagr and Daugavins. There is a ton of depth present now.

Bojakees*

It should be a "statement game". I just hope the Bruins finally flip a few switches and are then ready to make a statement.

I don't know....We just played them twice in the last three weeks. I think we all saw and know what to expect. Both teams now have upgrades that are outstanding so that is a wash IMO.

Either team can lose in round one like they both did a year ago. April 19 is just another game. One that can help us in the regular season but wont mean much once the playoffs roll around. For me, I am hoping to beat the SENS tonight and stop a two game losing streak to teams we should have beat. Lets be worried about what we should be doing now instead of what we could do down the road. That's the real concern I think.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Both guys fetched pretty crappy packages in their deals.

If we meet in the playoffs, that will be an awesome series. Jagr vs Iginla, who will have the bigger impact for their teams? Last year, Jagr killed the Pens in that series, hopefully the same can be said for this year too.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
:handclap::handclap: I would love this !

I am thinking the B's are better off with Jagr than Iggy.

I like Jagr better than I thought I would.

Jagr definitely adds an element the B's were lacking whereas Iggy would have just been a rich man's Horton.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

For some reason I kind of invision 2-3 fights.....

Quaid
Campbell
Thornton

all throwing down maybe against Engelland, Murray and another Pen

I just hope we have all our lines solidified and gelling together

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For some reason I kind of invision 2-3 fights.....

Quaid
Campbell
Thornton

all throwing down maybe against Engelland, Murray and another Pen

I just hope we have all our lines solidified and gelling together

I hope cooke gets crushed every time he is on the ice. I would cheer real loud to see that.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
The Flyers - Penguins playoff series was one of my favorite series i have watched, i love high scoring games and it was just so fun to see Jagr help dismantle that team, and i would love to see it happen again. For some reason i didn't think the Bruins were going to play the Penguins before the playoffs, so i am really excited to see Jagr vs Penguins one last time atleast. I didn't think i would see it this year because he was on the west coast and the only way they would have played against each other was in the stanley cup playoffs and that wasn't looking good in Dallas.

Even at 40, as you guys now know, he can still make some amazing moves! BTW Jagr was slightly injured at the end of the season for the Flyers so he wasn't 100%, that would be amazing if Jagr goes into the playoffs at 100% for the first time in probably over 10+ years, since he was injured his whole time as a Ranger. So really, besides Washington, we haven't seen a healthy Jagr make a playoff run since his Pittsburgh days. YESSSSS omg i can't wait!!!

Too bad the game isn't at Pittsburgh, it's fun to hear the fans boo him

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
It will be a let down, like most of the Bruins big regular season matchups.

Pens game after Cooke hit?
Let down.

Nucks game after cup?
Letdown (with help from iffy officiating)

Habs games for first this year?

Let down.

Other pens games this year?

Let down.

Not a good track record.

What? Maybe it was disappointing that the Bruins lost and that the refs were horrible, but that was a pretty intense game. Plenty of fights, drama, and Marchand's best hit of his career.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I do nor think these teams have met with both teams having a healthy roster. Both have new additions as well.

I don't necessarily expect a letdown, but with the failed Iginla trade NBC sports is going to hawk that story through the upcoming game and through the playoffs if the two teams meet or may meet.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Win now, get healthy, and gel as a team are the important things. Can't look past Ottawa.

However as a fan, I must say that Jagr seems to really get up for games against the Penguins! So it should be a fun one when it comes around, especially after the Iginla drama.

Would love to see Jagr take apart his old team again, and for our benefit! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland