Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Penguins 12/18/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So I am at the game, browsing my program, and the page on Tocchet says that his role as a coach is 'working closely with the teams' forwards'. So he went from coaching the power play, which sucked, to coaching the forwards, who couldn't score on an empty net.

Now it all makes sense

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
So I am at the game, browsing my program, and the page on Tocchet says that his role as a coach is 'working closely with the teams' forwards'. So he went from coaching the power play, which sucked, to coaching the forwards, who couldn't score on an empty net.

Now it all makes sense
Awesome...

wtf?

Why the hell wasn't Tocchet fired based on his 'work' anyway?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm sure Rick is telling them to pick corners and not put yourself in position for rebound opportunities.

I think Rask has it right. They want one shot goals.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

Now it all makes sense

He also does the pre-scout.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
keeping a goalie coach seems far different than keeping one assistant coach. if for no other reason than optics they shouldve let tocchet go. having kept him they shouldve explained why he was an adequate performer when the others were not. keeping him and reducing his role just the worst of both worlds.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You can't use GF/60 as a meaningful stat and complain about small sample sizes in the same sentence.

He had produced well with very limited opportunities until his return to the line-up when they were curtailed even further. I don't see why those two ideas can't co-exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad