Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Panthers / Post-Game: Panthers 3, Wings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sweet, going to the game!

Fiancees father bought us tickets in 114 row 2.

Downside is that he is a Bruins fan.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Let him know I send my condolences.

He's from Boston, so I understand the Bruins fan thing, but I seen pictures of him rocking Panther gear in the mid to late 90's.

Got to convert him back to a Panther fan

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
it would CRUSH. my heart if there are more Boston fans than panther fans

You probably don't want to hear this, but there very likely will be. If you're not a big Panthers fan down here, you would have no idea that the team has been right outside of the playoff race all season. The media gives them hardly any coverage unless it's negative and ownership knows advertising would be a waste if they're not in a playoff spot.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see the casual sports fan down here caring until they're in a playoff spot. The fans overall in South Florida unfortunately suck.

It would be huge to win this game and maybe some of those wearing the black and yellow leave wearing a red and white jersey after a trip to Pantherland on the way out.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Little OT, finally heard a Panthers radio advertisement. It was on 99.7 that serves Martin County up to Vero Beach.

Need to play that one on 97.9/98.7/9.55 to get more, closer people to go to the games.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just realized Ottawa plays Toronto 3 times...

So Ottawa has the following schedule
Tor, SJ, NYR, TOR, FLA, DET, TBL, WAS, TOR, PIT, NYR, Philly.

their game on hand will be against Pittsburgh on April 7th.

3 Toronto games are favorable plus the Philly should be theirs as well. So 4 games are definitely "gimmes".

As for our schedule, no need to post the whole thing but we do get Toronto, Carolina, and New Jersey, 3 games the Panthers Should win.

So they only have one extra favorable game, which goes without saying, that game coming up against Ottawa will be huge providing the Panthers take care of business the next 4 games.

a 3-0-1 record or even a 3-1 record (hopefully that one is against Tampa or Montreal, and not Boston), then we are business.

Not a huge deal they play Toronto 3 times, Rangers twice makes up for it somewhat, and hopefully our Florida neighbors help us out

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Jagr with .78 ppg with his time with the panthers, leading the team (i know small sample size). He was at a .51 ppg pace while on the devils this season. Last year with the devils, he was at a .82 ppg.

Let's say Jagr comes back next year and he continues to build chemistry with either of his current linemates, there is a very high likely hood that Jagr could match that .82 ppgs or exceed it.

While with the devils, he almost always was with Zajac. This year, zajac is scoring at a .35 ppg pace and he was just awful offensively. It is pretty clear to me that Jagr can do very well next year because of the talent these 2 young guys have. They have proven that they aren't a defensive liability, so now they just need to build even more chemistry and there is little reason to think that the 2 guys will get worse, especially with Jagr mentoring them during the pre-season and throughout the regular season. Don't forget, Jagr has had very little time to even practice with the team since he came here, he may have gone 3-5 straight games without a single practice, which is pretty amazing that they were able to find chemistry. The line seems to be getting better each game, so it seems like a win win for Jagr to come back.

I am guessing it will take 3.5-4.5 million, 1 year, add some bonuses to get it to 5 million and i doubt he would leave. Jagr owns the team in Kladno and it loses money, so he puts the money from his NHL salary to go towards the team. This is one reason i think he will want to continue to play in the NHL for atleast 2-3 more years. He is obsessed with hockey and is putting his personal money into hockey in his hometown.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I hate when **** like this happens, when we have such a little chance but it somehow is possible. So then I get my hopes up all again, just waiting for myself to get disappointed in the end.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Jagr with .78 ppg with his time with the panthers, leading the team (i know small sample size). He was at a .51 ppg pace while on the devils this season. Last year with the devils, he was at a .82 ppg.

Let's say Jagr comes back next year and he continues to build chemistry with either of his current linemates, there is a very high likely hood that Jagr could match that .82 ppgs or exceed it.

While with the devils, he almost always was with Zajac. This year, zajac is scoring at a .35 ppg pace and he was just awful offensively. It is pretty clear to me that Jagr can do very well next year because of the talent these 2 young guys have. They have proven that they aren't a defensive liability, so now they just need to build even more chemistry and there is little reason to think that the 2 guys will get worse, especially with Jagr mentoring them during the pre-season and throughout the regular season. Don't forget, Jagr has had very little time to even practice with the team since he came here, he may have gone 3-5 straight games without a single practice, which is pretty amazing that they were able to find chemistry. The line seems to be getting better each game, so it seems like a win win for Jagr to come back.

I am guessing it will take 3.5-4.5 million, 1 year, add some bonuses to get it to 5 million and i doubt he would leave. Jagr owns the team in Kladno and it loses money, so he puts the money from his NHL salary to go towards the team. This is one reason i think he will want to continue to play in the NHL for atleast 2-3 more years. He is obsessed with hockey and is putting his personal money into hockey in his hometown.

Pay that man his money!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We sign 43-year-old Jagr to a 2-year deal and he begins to regress as soon as the puck drops in October. Just throwing that potential scenario out there to keep people on planet Earth.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I switched around work so I have tomorrow night off so I can watch the game. But now I have to work till midnight tonight and in at 6 a.m. tomorrow.

The things I do for this team!

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
We sign 43-year-old Jagr to a 2-year deal and he begins to regress as soon as the puck drops in October. Just throwing that potential scenario out there to keep people on planet Earth.

Not happening.

However, I'll throw another scenario out there for you. We trade for Kessel who's making a lot of money for a long time and he starts to lose his speed and declines fast like so many scorers who have their games built on speed do.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Not happening.

However, I'll throw another scenario out there for you. We trade for Kessel who's making a lot of money for a long time and he starts to lose his speed and declines fast like so many scorers who have their games built on speed do.
Guys he said he will sign one year contracts . We were happy in New Jersey with the deal we got from you in Florida. The worst that can happen is he declines a bit and you trade him on the deadline. One year deals with a player of his caliber are not that big of a risk. You are not constrained to the contract. So many more examples of bad contracts in the league.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Guys he said he will sign one year contracts . We were happy in New Jersey with the deal we got from you in Florida. The worst that can happen is he declines a bit and you trade him on the deadline. One year deals with a player of his caliber are not that big of a risk. You are not constrained to the contract. So many more examples of bad contracts in the league.

Exactly this... it's a low risk move with high reward... he will sign 1 year deals til he's done... he won't even accept a 2 year I don't think... the way his game is built combined with his work ethic off ice the decline will be very gradual ... if we go out and get kessel and it doesn't work that coukd set us back monumentally... it's just not the right time to bring in that type of player... just like it wasn't the right time last offseason or at the deadline

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Not happening.

I won't be worried if Kessel loses his speed because he still has one of the best releases in the game to fall back on. By the way, not all speedsters lose it so abruptly like you're describing. Probably a better chance of a 43-year-old's age finally catching up to his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad