Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Ottawa - Bruins win 3 - 2!!! S/O

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
How did you ever survive playing hockey growing up.. with all those ties.

But seriously, for all those who say ties are horrible, etc. How did you handle it growing up?

Not sure it this was aimed at me since you quoted me, but I never said ties are horrible. I just said that a shootout is more entertaining than a tie.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
I won't. I detest shootouts.

Let them play OT either 5x5 or 4x4 until someone scores.

You cannot do that in hockey. You cannot have teams play 2 or 3 or 4 overtime periods and then have them play again in less than 24 hours. It would be too physically demanding.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Its not ********.

You can try and score and still do stupid **** in the attempt. That move last night was so ****ed up but it almost worked if it wasn't for an awesome save, had it gone in it would of been embarrassing as all hell.

Kaspars Daugavins WAS trying to score last night. He WAS taking it seriously. People are trying the "forsberg" and it works, but its one that when it fails it looks horrible.

Who was closer to scoring last night. Seguin or Daugavins?

Daugavins attempt was silly looking, and people should be rolling their eyes at it. But if thats the direction the NHL wants to take they should be prepared for hockey games imitating the all star game.

:laugh:

I had a disclaimer in there initially where I said I wasn't calling what he did a ******** attempt. But thought I didn't need it, considering I said in the beginning of my post that my comment was in regards to the idea that players should treat the shootout as the gimmick it is.

My mistake.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
:laugh:

I had a disclaimer in there initially where I said I wasn't calling what he did a ******** attempt. But thought I didn't need it, considering I said in the beginning of my post that my comment was in regards to the idea that players should treat the shootout as the gimmick it is.

My mistake.

agreed :)

OutspokenMinority*

I likes a use shootout in reg season and I likes a when player do trick shot. Takes a guts, and probably works a bout a same amount as normal try. I no likes a tie and I no likes a when Jack whine about shootout during shootout. Big a Jack a fan, not a fan of a that whine though. Kind a like a the whines years a go about a slam a dunk. yessir.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
I likes a use shootout in reg season and I likes a when player do trick shot. Takes a guts, and probably works a bout a same amount as normal try. I no likes a tie and I no likes a when Jack whine about shootout during shootout. Big a Jack a fan, not a fan of a that whine though. Kind a like a the whines years a go about a slam a dunk. yessir.

It's a me, Mario!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
wasn't impressed. they can't open the same way they did last night t vs the Penguins tonight.get to see Thorts and Paille score.

QFT.

The B's better be ready to play a full 60 tonight.

Watch out for cooke....or nail him every chance you can :naughty:

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Damn, you guys just keep winning. Habs are having best season in years, and still Bruins are doing better (taking the games in hand into account). Big, tough and plenty of finesse to boot. Nice effing team. Unfortunately.

Hate the Bruins! Loving the rivalry!

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I still think Turris trying to bully Hamilton until Seidenberg got there was funny :laugh:

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Damn, you guys just keep winning. Habs are having best season in years, and still Bruins are doing better (taking the games in hand into account). Big, tough and plenty of finesse to boot. Nice effing team. Unfortunately.

Hate the Bruins! Loving the rivalry!

You just made your first post ever on the Bruins board. Maybe you are really a Bruins fan? :D

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I won't. I detest shootouts.

Let them play OT either 5x5 or 4x4 until someone scores.

My idea is 4v4 for 10-15min and if no one scores.. the game ends in a tie where no one gets a point.

1.) I think a goal would occur in this amount of time. in 4v4 for 5minutes, there are definitely more chances. So 4v4 for up to 15 minutes would almost surely ensure a goal.

2.) without a loser point where both teams ultimately deemed as losers.. both teams will actually try and score before it gets to OT.. no one wants to play longer than they have to. conserving energy for the next game is key.

3.) This would also ensure that the OT itself should it get there, is riddled with opportunity. No going through the motions knowing that you're getting a point either way.. that the game ends in a shoot out if it doesn't get done in OT. You have to try your best to score within 10-15 minutes or it's treated like a loss.

It would bring ties back but I have no problem with them. I actually think this would make hockey even more exciting quite frankly.

I'm even in favor of 3pt games.. 3pt for regulation win. 2pts for OT win. 0 pts for losers.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
Semi OT but how was Dog man's move last night legal? I thought once you either lose control or make a backwards move, it's considered a dead play and when he spins around, that's akin to moving backwards so it should be blown dead, not to mention, he could squat while having his back towards goal, therefore interfering with Rask's ability to attempt the save (I know he made the save but just mean food for thought in making a fair ruling). Just hope to get rule clarification if anyone here knows. I thought if I started a new thread about it it'd be merged here anyway so... thanks in advance for the replies. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad