Proposal: Bruins - Oilers

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Can a Bruins fan in the "lets get this done" camp explain to me who our 2nd line RWer is next year? Donato is basically Rick Nashs replacement, and you really cannot rely on Bjork or any other rookie to play a significant NHL role next year.

Like others have suggested, remove Donato and the 10th overall pick from the proposal and it becomes clearer for me. I think they're roughly equal in value so I see no point in including them, Boston doesnt need the 10th overall pick right now after a 112 point season.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The Bruins have a logjam of wingers and could use a defensive defenseman. The Oilers could use a scoring winger and are desperate for a puck moving defenseman who can work the powerplay. Torey Krug would do wonders for the Oilers man advantage. How's this?

:edmontonTorey Krug, Ryan Donato

:bruinsOscar Klefbom, 10th Overall Pick at the 2018 Draft

if theres some sort of motivation to move these guys... it feels like a fair price

I could see carlo/klefbom finding a good chemistry together. I don't think boston needs to keep all 3 of debrusk/heinen/donato so I'm not opposed to trading 1 of them. a pick today is probably worth more than a prospect that will be off his elc in 2 years.

as for the oilers... does donato have enough defensive ability to play with McDavid or draisailt?

all in all... I don't see it happening mostly because its not a slam dunk for either team. the 2 sides don't like each other to begin with. making a lateral trade that could come back to bite isn't likely

the lack of motivation for either side to make a move like this will kill any chance of it happening

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
Can a Bruins fan in the "lets get this done" camp explain to me who our 2nd line RWer is next year? Donato is basically Rick Nashs replacement, and you really cannot rely on Bjork or any other rookie to play a significant NHL role next year.

Like others have suggested, remove Donato and the 10th overall pick from the proposal and it becomes clearer for me. I think they're roughly equal in value so I see no point in including them, Boston doesnt need the 10th overall pick right now after a 112 point season.

I'm not saying "lets get this done", but Bjork?

If DeBrusk and Heinen played a significant role last year, I wouldn't rule out Bjork, considering he faired decently well in the small sample size we have seen.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The Bruins have a logjam of wingers and could use a defensive defenseman. The Oilers could use a scoring winger and are desperate for a puck moving defenseman who can work the powerplay. Torey Krug would do wonders for the Oilers man advantage. How's this?

:edmontonTorey Krug, Ryan Donato

:bruinsOscar Klefbom, 10th Overall Pick at the 2018 Draft

Pretty bad. No reason for the B's to trade Donato. Value may or may not be ok, but they aren't going to take a step back and trade 3 years of development for a draft pick.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Leave out Donato and the 10th. It is a lot closer then. Between their contact situations and how good Krug and Klefbom have pretty similar value. Krug probably has a little more value being one of the top scoring D in the league.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Why would the Bruins do this?
Krug easily > Klefbom and in Donato 's play this season you could say Donato > than an unproven 10th rd pick and i hate the Bruins.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not saying "lets get this done", but Bjork?

If DeBrusk and Heinen played a significant role last year, I wouldn't rule out Bjork, considering he faired decently well in the small sample size we have seen.

Bjork had shoulder surgery that kept him out for 6 months. I don't think itll hurt him in the long run but expecting him to fill a top nine role out of the gate might be a bit much.

My guess is Sweeney will stay the course and sign a Riley Nash type player and let all the rookies/young players earn spots. Seemed to work last year.

Reactions: sleepyh

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Yeah i think Krug for Klefbom straight up works for both sides. Bruins need size and minutes in the left side. Klefbom checks those boxes. We need to keep Donato at this point. Now if we are talking about Nurse, I would absolutely include Donato.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad